Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect Nutes

Who sells the pH perfect formulas? AN told me they are only sold in europe.

Who said that?

It's definitely not Europe only. They sell it in Canada too. Every state in the US gets to make up its own rules for product labeling so it's a nightmare of red tape to get anything new (as in not based on ancient fertilizer theory) allowed for sale in the States.

If you want to make a product based on plant science that was cutting edge when your grandpa was a young man, that's no problem. But if you want to build a formula around anything learned about plants in the last 40 years the state bureaucracy will fight you tooth and nail.

Depending on where you live you might be able to get it locally, I don't know. If not, you can buy it online. Get a good picture of the label on the bottle, the new formulas say "pH Perfect" right on the label, usually on a ribbon banner image. The new labels look different than the old ones. If you want to be extra careful, email the seller ahead of time to ask them which label they'll ship you.

So the definitive answer is if you live in the US you have to order from a grow supply in canada. The US has restrictions on ingredients of ferts, that seems to be the hold up. No ca vendors I know of are sponsors so no links.

Sounds about right. The licensing crap that's holding things up is state by state so it's possible that it might become available in some states sooner than others.

As far as buying it online I always just do some google searches for whatever I'm buying when I'm looking to buy and see who's got it for the best price. I might pay a little more to go with someone I've bought from before and know is a good vendor but generally I'll go with the best price I can find.

Oh, and it never hurts to put the vendor name with "coupon code" into a google search and see if you can get a discount code of some kind to save a bit more. Sometimes you can find free shipping and such.

Actually...can the AN line of nutrients (or should I say "the AN cacophony" of nutrients) and additives possibly get more confusing and frustrating?
When I first started three years ago I thought it was my lack of understanding and experience. But it's not is it? It jusst kinda suspiciously resembles one of those well-known games: buy part A, because you will need to buy parts B through Z, and you'll be buying them alll from us.

I am being 100% unbiassed, looking at it from a distance and it is clear as crystal.

Do these words ring a bell: "Adding this to your reservoir during the 4th hour of the flowering phase was proven in our experiments to increase yields...a teaspoon of this one, added precisely at the 5th hour of the flowering phase was proven in our experiments to increase yields...and at the stroke of the 8th hour of the flowering phase, but before sunrise on the fourth day of the flowering phase, you guessed it, proven in our experiments to increase yields..."
Give your POTENTIAL customers a f*ing BREAK.
I wish I could find weed strong enough to tempt me to fall for it.
The reason AN makes so many different, ultra-specifically-timed products is kinda horrible: 5 bottles sold at $50 each is good...merging 5 bottles into one and selling it for $50 is not greedy enough.

SIMPLIFY. CHUCK what's obsolete. If you insist on producing everything you have ever made forever, at least categorize it. Yes, that might require you to take a good day or two hiatus from baking yourself into oblivion, but you just might win over a customer or two.
:bravo:

Actually...can the AN line of nutrients (or should I say "the AN cacophony" of nutrients) and additives possibly get more confusing and frustrating?
When I first started three years ago I thought it was my lack of understanding and experience. But it's not is it? It jusst kinda suspiciously resembles one of those well-known games: buy part A, because you will need to buy parts B through Z, and you'll be buying them alll from us.

I am being 100% unbiassed, looking at it from a distance and it is clear as crystal.

Do these words ring a bell: "Adding this to your reservoir during the 4th hour of the flowering phase was proven in our experiments to increase yields...a teaspoon of this one, added precisely at the 5th hour of the flowering phase was proven in our experiments to increase yields...and at the stroke of the 8th hour of the flowering phase, but before sunrise on the fourth day of the flowering phase, you guessed it, proven in our experiments to increase yields..."
Give your POTENTIAL customers a f*ing BREAK.
I wish I could find weed strong enough to tempt me to fall for it.
The reason AN makes so many different, ultra-specifically-timed products is kinda horrible: 5 bottles sold at $50 each is good...merging 5 bottles into one and selling it for $50 is not greedy enough.

SIMPLIFY. CHUCK what's obsolete. If you insist on producing everything you have ever made forever, at least categorize it. Yes, that might require you to take a good day or two hiatus from baking yourself into oblivion, but you just might win over a customer or two.

okay you can use all those additives sure if your beyond hobbyist level expert level pro or grandmaster but if you are using an for the first time all you need is sensi gro a b sensi bloom ab big bud and over drive total cost $260 canadian plus tax and this will give enough base for 6 cycles and bloom additives for 3 cycles so if you want enough for 6 crops your total nute output is gonna be 360 fro 6 crops with 6 weeks veg then 8 of bloom and if using a 1000w mh like me and growing 6-9 plants you will be looking at1.4-2lbs every 14 weeks for about 2 years before having to buy nutes again so if you add in hydro costs of a 1k for 3 months 150 about 40 of nutes 30 for water and you are talking producing 1.5 lbs at a shot of top quality bud for about 220 plus extra expenses so maybe 25$ per once for finished product and as a persn who when he started used only gh and was constantly dissapointed and switched to an and the very first crop of cheese I grew with an is stinky resin coated dense buds who showed almost no deficiencies throught there life except for my own stupidity and not adding dolomite to the soil so they would have a source of slow release calcium and mag .

So all I can say is go and buy 1liter bottles of the base get a sample of big bud and overdrive and give it a try being the only nute company that will return all your cash for the nutes if you dont like the results you get how can you actually loose and to make sure you have no problems purchase from authorized an dealers/

Purzurples, nice first post! Welcome to 420.
:thumb:

Lmao. I'm sorry, my new fellow compadriates...I am a hot-headed f**k.
Thank you for the welcome:) it is a pleasure to be here :)

Despite all that bashing, I am EXTREMELY curious about the pH perfect technology in the AN line. For my own grow2.0, I'm having a typically impossible decision making week: AN, Canna, Floranova, or Botanicare...

Grow 1.0 ended during the first week of flowering when I paranoided the fk out and ate the plant. Yes...you read that right :-d insalata cannabeeba lowryder.

Thank you again for the warm and tolerant welcome.
Note: AN does top the charts in the areas of "technical prowess and devotion" IMO. I mean if pH perfect is actually true, we're talkin life-changing.

Cateros, obviously you are a man whose knowledge eclipses mine.
I have the burning question about soil growing (and even coco growing for that matter): when using these mediums, is it run-to-waste? I mean, just top feed and let 'er drain/no recycling, etc?

Its probably fair to say that all fertilizers effect pH as soon as they are mixed with water, and the Advanced Nutrients (www.advancednutrients.com)pH Perfect nutrients are no different except it doesn't matter what your pH reading is it will always end up available to the plant because of the new smart release technology. The nutrient couldn't possibly know what type of system it was in so the pH would read whatever the local water was after a nutrient was added, leading us to believe that the growers that have checked their pH immediately after mixing have seen a lucky result.

Its probably fair to say that all fertilizers effect pH as soon as they are mixed with water, and the Advanced Nutrients (www.advancednutrients.com)pH Perfect nutrients are no different except it doesn't matter what your pH reading is it will always end up available to the plant because of the new smart release technology. The nutrient couldn't possibly know what type of system it was in so the pH would read whatever the local water was after a nutrient was added, leading us to believe that the growers that have checked their pH immediately after mixing have seen a lucky result.

That is absolutely truly outlandishly amazing.

Cateros, obviously you are a man whose knowledge eclipses mine.
I have the burning question about soil growing (and even coco growing for that matter): when using these mediums, is it run-to-waste? I mean, just top feed and let 'er drain/no recycling, etc?
Good question and as I am growing in promix I can answer this question no problem , the ph perfect line has in its guarantee on the label a statement that the nutes have been tested and are suitable for nft,dwc,ebb&flow,undercurrect,soil,soilless/sphagnum based mixes of course all these mediums will have a sweet spot so to speak for feeding Personally I go with on feeding per week at the strength labeled on the bottle and then water 1time between feeding using an mother earth super tea at 2.5ml/l or 1/3 strength and then every 2 weeks i water with ph'd water to about 30% run off and I will swear to the fact that I have never adjusted the ph of th enutes and have yet to see any type of deficiency of problem that is typically associated with ph. And in fact I did make one mistake and over nutriated on plant and burnt off 2/3 of the roots and was able to save it by a good flush and transplanting the plant and the remaining healthy roots to a new pot at about 4th week of flower and even with the damage it took becaue of how heavily chelated an nutes are my plant was able to still get food an maybe lost 25% of its yield becuae of about 2 weeks of recuperation.

So long story short you can use it in anything and get good results , side note however I have found kush strains will develop a potassium deficiency with sensi bloom as the base to avoid it I was told to use conniseur or kushie kush or as a final option you can use additives of potassium silicate.

Actually it is a buffering solution that actually keeps the pH in range.

Actually its a perfect balance of cations and anions of each nutrient that plant needs and by supply the proper balance ifyou under stand plant metabolisim you would know that if during the day it absorbs positive nitrogen and releases negative nitrogen anions at night this reverses so by proving equal amount of every nutrient in its cation or anion form ph buffering by the solution is easy because if your plant draws in enough positive cations to raise the ph during t he day it will release an equal amount of anions during th evening to return to the original ph level over time this wil crap out of course and that where the chelation of AN nutrients comes into play if you read the documents on Ph perfect it states as long as your water is 4.5 -8.5 mix the nutrients as recommended and the ph will not need to be adjusted and all I can say is I start with with 7.3 water mix my nutes up and the solution is 5.6 but if I put a digital meter into a hempy bucket with a plant and chek the history it will show that my ph has fluctuated between 5.5-5.8 over the past 24 hours . And where it gets really interesting is I water my soil plants with 5.6 nute solution and collect runoff and every times its 6.1-6.3. So i do think that these nutrients are reacting to alkaline and acid within the medium or possibly something that you will only find in each type of medium that isnt water that causes the ph to shift.

The number one reason however to us AN nutes is youcan call there support line once you have your strain selected and room set up call them tell them you strain ,enviroment, etc and what nutes of theres you want to use and they help you work out a perfect feed schedule and always be there when you need them.

Great points, Cateros! :thumb:

I've called their support line at least a dozen times and they've always had the answer to my problem. Though admittedly at least a few of those times I was like "duh, I'm a moron" as soon as I heard their advice.

Still, it's always helpful to be able to bounce the problem off another knowledgeable grower and the forums can be slow to respond sometimes. Well that and you always get someone criticizing the way you do things or what nutes you use or something stupid like that when it's not the problem.

You could post a picture of your grow room on fire and someone is going to say "You're using Advanced Nutrients? Well that's your problem! You spent way too much!"

The new pH Perfect line is absolutely amazing imho.

I'm sorry but this is utter BS. No one is unbiased. The ONLY thing you can have no bias on is something you've never been exposed to. Take some book you've never read, never heard of, written by someone you've never read or heard of. That's a book you're unbiased on. You have taken in no relevant information about it, and therefore have formed no opinions.

You're familiar with growing. You're familiar with nutrients. You're familiar with Advanced Nutrients. And most importantly, you have a VERY CLEAR opinion about Advanced Nutrients. That is bias.

Here's the test: Say I tell you "Advanced Nutrients is the best."

Do you agree or disagree? Clearly you disagree. You have already formed an opinion, therefore bias. If you were unbiased your response would be "that may be true, I have no information to support or refute it".

No one is unbiased about anything they're knowledgeable about.

It's funny you'd say that considering they've not-so-recently consolidated many of their products into 4 and 5-in-one bottles.

That's what anyone with half a mind does, but in the reverse order. That's what I and most AN users I know recommend:

START simple. Don't "chuck what's obsolete". Don't start with it. It doesn't matter what brand you use, you don't run right out and buy every damn thing on the shelf. That's just asking for trouble.

You get a base nute and maybe 1-3 additives. Tops. You start there and work your way up IF you want to and you keep the stuff that helps.

@basementjungl, I've gone through and reviewed your posts. Every one of them is beating the drum for Advanced Nutrients. It appears that you are somehow affiliated with the company. If that is the case at least come out and say so. The sponsor from BPN is an active participant here and gets much respect for his input. If you have an affiliation and have inside knowledge of AN then let us know. It will give you and AN some added respect/credibility with some of the "anti-AN" crowd.

Well I'm not an employee of AN or any other company in the hydroponics industry. Don't really know what else to say.

I can absolutely guarantee you that not one person that works for them could pick me out of a crowd. I've talked to their tech support guys on the phone and seen some of their people at expos, but they wouldn't know me from Adam.

I do think that would be a cool company to work for, though. Especially if I could get some free nutes.

Well I'm not an employee of AN or any other company in the hydroponics industry. Don't really know what else to say.

I can absolutely guarantee you that not one person that works for them could pick me out of a crowd. I've talked to their tech support guys on the phone and seen some of their people at expos, but they wouldn't know me from Adam.

I do think that would be a cool company to work for, though. Especially if I could get some free nutes.
I would definitely send Big Mike a link to this journal then (as well as your other posts). You definitely are an A/N devotee (not that there's anything wrong with that) and one of their strongest supporters/defenders. They should at least hire you as a marketing associate or something similar.

Back
Top Bottom