Aeroponic cloning

I run mine 24/7 and put z7 water treatment in the water. Mine is self made and sprays more then mists. But they need fresh water going over them 24/7. Most of the time I will start to see roots at 5 days.

I find that the cuttings do not need to be misted very often. As long as the pumps go on once in a while then the air around the stems is full of vapor and the cuttings stay perky and happy. Mine can easily live without the pump for an hour or more without wilting.

The common reason for running pumps on a timer is that they create heat and raise the water temperature. Warmer water is more prone to destructive slime growth. Running the pump intermittently is one way to help lower the temps if that’s an issue for you.

I run mine 24/7 and put z7 water treatment in the water. Mine is self made and sprays more then mists. But they need fresh water going over them 24/7. Most of the time I will start to see roots at 5 days.

No worries will look into some water treatment aswell, Im using QuickStart and that’s about it other than dipped in Clonex.

I find that the cuttings do not need to be misted very often. As long as the pumps go on once in a while then the air around the stems is full of vapor and the cuttings stay perky and happy. Mine can easily live without the pump for an hour or more without wilting.

The common reason for running pumps on a timer is that they create heat and raise the water temperature. Warmer water is more prone to destructive slime growth. Running the pump intermittently is one way to help lower the temps if that’s an issue for you.

No worries thanks for that, so a water treatment like duke is using can help that if the pump is getting warm? The pump I am using is very low power and got told it can be ran 24/7 with no dramas but want the water spot on

Thanks for the help guys, first time using the machine for clones so keen for any hints and tips, been in for 24 hours and had a peek this morning and no wilting so far and pump sounds like it’s working like it should so happy days

so a water treatment like duke is using can help ?

Yes :thumb:
I also highly recommend the Z7 - or Z9 as they call the Canadian version. It totally saved me from the cloning problems I used to have

8CE58F7A-31C4-4391-9C84-3F71506CA205.png
Something like this?

Back
Top Bottom