AK48 Feminized From Nirvana - Hydroponics Under LED & CFL

Some process...

image11296.jpeg
image11297.jpeg

Bigger rez is definitely a good start. My girls drink almost a gallon and a half a day so anything smaller than 5 would drive me crazy. Calmag is important when using leds. To get rid of my Ca deficiency i had to triple the dose of what was on the bottle.
I've made a lot of mistakes this grow too. Most recently thinking aK deficiency was nute burn so now all my otherwise pretty flowers have these ugly burnt tips and edges. I am still pretty happy and am looking forward to giving it another go I 3or 4 weeks when these are done.
20160429_124855.jpg
20160429_124917.jpg

I'm happy that I will continue next time with 5 gl bucket. Let's see if it's gonna work for me too. I doubled cali/mag and raised PPM from 700 to 1100. Buds are growing faster now. Also I did a last trimming the lower branches and some popcorn buds.

I was kinda busy and didn't check on her for the last 2-3 days. You guys are right, it took her some time to flower but right now she is growing fast and building her beautiful buds :)

PH is around 6.00 and rising day by day
PPM was around 1180 and also dropping (1040 this morning)

So that means she is drinking and eating her food the way it should be. I'm not continue to feed but topping with fresh water. I think she loved cal/mag and the higer dosage of nutrients.

I will post some pictures later today.

Re: AK48 Feminized From Nirvana - Hydroponics Under LED & CFL

My old pen needed calibration every 2 weeks or so but this new one i got is self calibrating. Ive had it for about 3 or 4 months now and everytime i put it into the calibration solution its spot on. Its an ohaus and only cost me like $30.
Glad that extra Ca/Mg helped out. Theyre looking good man.

Re: AK48 Feminized From Nirvana - Hydroponics Under LED & CFL

I have the st10. Its $50 now but it was only $30 when i bought it. I believe the st20 is one that you can calibrate. They are really well built and very accurate for the price.
Back in the days before digital scales my ohaus triple beam was my favorite scale. I wish i still had it. I got it for an eighth which in the early 90s was about $25.

On 12/12

By the way how often do you guys calibrate your PH pen? Before calibrationg PH was 6.1 after calibration 5.3!!! In 2 weeks a difference of 0.8 thats just too much :(

I've been worrying about the quality of my HDE PH Pen. I re calibrate once a week with my res changes. I also have a cup of water PH'd to 6.0 which I use as a test before checking my res/plants PH. So put the pen into the 6.0 cup let the pen give a steady reading and as long it's within .1 I trust the res test.

Even with calibrating once a week the cost of the calibration fluid adds up!

To be honest, since i switched to AN ph perfect trio i havent checked my ph in weeks. I checked the first 2 weeks i used them and now the only time i get my pen out is when i ph water to add to the rez throughout the week and i never use my ppm pen anymore. It almost seems too lazy to me. lol

Update Day 39 from switching to 12/12 + 4 weeks veg

Hi everyone!!!

Got a great update with great pictures.

After having a better setup and more control on my grow things started to look better.

I vegged for 4 weeks with poor lightning and conditions. After switching the lights 12/12 I continued with bending, trimming, LST etc. I also had a trellis, where I was tucking them under the trellis for like 2 weeks during flower. This might have stressed my plant and I didn't use Cal/Mag since day 26 of flower. Naja happy that she is finally building buds and getting better.

Last feed was 8 days ago with;
- 1tsp Cali/Mag
- 7.5ml GH Flora Micro
- 2.5ml GH Flora Grow
- 10ml GH Flora Bloom

PH was 5.89 now its 6.05
PPM was 1080 now 977
Water temp is around 72-76
Closet Temp is between 72-80

I trimmed the lower old fan leaves and some of the top leaves that was blocking the lower branches.

I'm guessing I need 4-5 more weeks to harvest. What do you guys think?

IMG_634310.jpg
IMG_63457.jpg
IMG_63495.jpg
IMG_63378.jpg
IMG_63539.jpg
IMG_635413.jpg
IMG_63557.jpg

Back
Top Bottom