Albino bud?

I think genetics play a large role. The original poster was growing Jack the Ripper - I've had these "hash tips" on plants before, too, but always with Jack the Ripper, and often on mid to lower level buds as well. BTW - JTR is a mutant freak strain with a few genetic oddities like occasional buds on fan leaves, and extra blades in strange spots on the fans. It likes to flower in stages with multiple harvest "windows" (which is really fairly common for a sativa in truth). Interesting strain though, to be sure!

I've also light-bleached bud before, which can additionally cause trichome build-up. Makes me wonder if there could be a couple of different things in play that cause this behavior?

Like JJ mentioned, these seem much more common with LED grows for some reason, especially near the top of the canopy - I akways assumed those were a form of stress from light intensity, but seems like there is more to it perhaps.

I actually filled a really small nug jar with some of these from my last JTR grow, but they were pretty ordinary (to me) outside of looks...

I think it's Genetics as well, because my Jack The Ripper does this. My hashplant also does this, and Buckshot said his is an old school hashplant. So...I'm going to say it has a lot to do with genetics.

Forgot to mention, I don't use LED's.

I think it's Genetics as well, because my Jack The Ripper does this. My hashplant also does this, and Buckshot said his is an old school hashplant. So...I'm going to say it has a lot to do with genetics.

Forgot to mention, I don't use LED's.

Thanks for that additional info... helps to sort it out

rejuve her after harvest and wait till shoots at 6 inches then go into flower again and take clones from the flowers they go crazy with tons of braches at 15/9 [bud sites] and and when they get 12inches go back to flower again.
colo_005.JPG
after harvest
veg_state_11_20_10a.JPG
2 weeks of 15/7
mother_plant_full_veiw.JPG
3rd week
thats 1 plant at 26 inches. then flower.

Those hash tips look beautiful!!! I've never heard of these before today. I would love to pack one in a bowl :hookah::tokin::Rasta:

This post is an example of exactly why I love this site, and have abandoned all other grow sites. :420: is hands down the best website for information. I happened to come across this thread while experiencing the exact same thing with my White Widow plant. This whole time I have just been assuming that I had bleached the top being that it was one of the closer ones to the "LED"..Thing is, there were other tops in the same range(14 inches) , different strains, that were not experiencing this effect. I looked at the top today matter of fact with the scope, and discovered a mass amount of trichs covering the tip. This is all new to me, and a prime example of why this site is the shit being able to run across valuable info from other growers experiencing the same thing!!!Here is a pic of what mines looks like. Kinda be cool to have a whole white cola!!

DSC0030410.JPG

is it like light bleaching on the bud

:welcome: to :420:

And to answer your question...

Yes, it's possible to be caused by light bleaching, but with a monstrous mound of trichomes in the effected area. This characteristic definitely isn't caused by light bleaching in my experience, because it isn't always on the colas closest to the lights. I felt the urge to help, but honestly dude...you could find the answer to your question easily by taking the time to read this thread.

The way it comes together in my mind is light bleaching occurs on a plant and the plant freaks out thinking the sun is too close and puts on more sunblock(trichomes) but puts all of its energy into it because restoring chlorophyll is how the plant can grow.

simple minded.

is it like light bleaching on the bud

No

:welcome: to :420:

And to answer your question...

Yes, it's possible to be caused by light bleaching, but with a monstrous mound of trichomes in the effected area. This characteristic definitely isn't caused by light bleaching in my experience, because it isn't always on the colas closest to the lights. I felt the urge to help, but honestly dude...you could find the answer to your question easily by taking the time to read this thread.

It is possible but that is not what is happening, you are right

The way it comes together in my mind is light bleaching occurs on a plant and the plant freaks out thinking the sun is too close and puts on more sunblock(trichomes) but puts all of its energy into it because restoring chlorophyll is how the plant can grow.

simple minded.

I suggest it a healthy plants last ditch effort to become pollinated

Back
Top Bottom