Almost ready

emp1126

420 Member
I have some Autos that are almost ready. How long do you think I have?

Attachments

• CM200628-134324001.jpg
    CM200628-134324001.jpg
    456.1 KB · Views: 63
Here are some closeups
We actually need close ups of the trichomes on the buds.

There are two primary ways to do this. First, you could take a photo through a magnifying loupe. Not as easy as it sounds.

Or, secondly, you could buy an inexpensive digital microscope that you can take still pics with.

Either of these methods will give us a look at the trichomes, but just taking shots like these dont help at all. And neither can you tell without looking at the trichomes. Obviously, the digital microscope is the better option.

All my best,
~Magnus

Are you able to look at the trichromes?

your buds look great! What strain? How long have they been growing?
They do look like they are starting to get close asI don’t see many new pistils coming but can’t say for sure without being able to see trichromes.

We actually need close ups of the trichomes on the buds.

There are two primary ways to do this. First, you could take a photo through a magnifying loupe. Not as easy as it sounds.

Or, secondly, you could buy an inexpensive digital microscope that you can take still pics with.

Either of these methods will give us a look at the trichomes, but just taking shots like these dont help at all. And neither can you tell without looking at the trichomes. Obviously, the digital microscope is the better option.

All my best,
~Magnus
I've actually got a hand-held microscope and it looks like most of the trichomes are starting to turn opaque. I can tell to some extent by looking at the buds without a microscope if they are close or not. But I'm no expert and was just looking for additional eyes.

I've actually got a hand-held microscope and it looks like most of the trichomes are starting to turn opaque. I can tell to some extent by looking at the buds without a microscope if they are close or not. But I'm no expert and was just looking for additional eyes.
Can you post a couple of pics from that microscope?

It's good that your trichomes are turning opaque.

The decision as to when your weed is ready for the chop is really an individual decision. Pure clear like glass trichomes suggest that thc is under production. It will be st its highest point as your trichomes begin to turn frosty. Once they are all frosty this is the highest amount of thc you will get.

Most of us wait until we have about 10 - 20% Amber trichomes. This way we can be assured that all the thc to be produced has been produced.

If you allow too many of your trichomes to turn orange then you will likely be producing a couch lock harvest, with less thc in it than before.

Does this help?

Back
Top Bottom