Aloha Hawaiian Cannabis Warrior

Cherma

Michelle Bono passed away last night in Laguna Beach California. Michelle was from the Big Island of Hawai'i. She was an active International and National Champion and Master Cyclist and Natural Master Body Builder. Michelle volunteered for the Hawai'i Special Olympics for years. I will post below Michelle Bono's written testimony for Hawai'i SB2214 and SB2213, that I was honored to present in person and read aloud at the Hawai'i Senate Hearings as well as the MCWG aka Task Force that I was a volunteer of. Michelle's testimony is now etched in Hawai'i history as one of 15 to come forward. She could barely walk let alone talk and writing this was her way of wanting to help others who follow in footsteps. I was honored to have been Michelle's friend & Medical Marijuana Caregiver. Her courage to help others inspires me to keep moving forward and to share what I have been taught and to keep fighting for rights and protection of all Medical Marijuana Patients and Cargivers, and the compassion to do so.
So to Michelle Bono I say:thanks::surf::passitleft:keep passing this to all who read on and all MMJ patients and caregivers alike in Hawai'i or elsewhere, there are ones like Michelle we have to keep standing in and up for. She never backed down, ever.
From Michelle to Cherma
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 5:37 PM
To: Cherma
Subject: letter

To whom it may concern:
I'd like to take a moment to address the issue of the current state of Medical Cannabis as it affects me on a highly personal level, first, a little about me. I've been a State and National Champion in drug tested bodybuilding in the late 80's and early 90's. I never took any performance enhancing products, and one of the conditions of holding a state or national title as a "Natural" bodybuilder was allowing out-of-contest drug testing - urine or hair - anytime and anyplace. I welcomed this rule as I never had any reason to worry and took it as a compliment. Years passed and I now hold multiple National Championships in Master's Track Cycling and a National Record. As a semi-pro athlete, I am responsible for adhering to all the regulations concerning the UCI (Union Cycliste Internationale) prohibited substances. Using any of the banned products, including marijuana can result in a lifetime ban from cycling.
In 2005, I was "discovered" by ex USA Olympics coach Eddie B on his vacation to Hawaii. Fast forward through many National titles to the summer of 2007, where I was on track to break multiple World Records and bring a World Championship to the United States. I juggled my athletic passion with my business, volunteering for Special Olympics, and life in Hawaii. I guess you could say I was living right, and had been in the "right place at the right time". Then I had a little stomach ache and was diagnosed with a malignant tumor on my pancreas. I had to undergo chemotherapy to first shrink the tumor enough to allow surgery. During the chemotherapy, I was prescribed pharmaceutical products for anti-nausea. The only pill that made a dent in my overall ill feeling cost $50, and you had to take it every 6 hours. If you don't take the antiemetic exactly on time, it won't work and you are left with the possibility of vomiting and nausea for hours. On top of that, heartburn and gastric reflex were constant. Needless to say, the expensive pill didn't even work on me, and I was left with no recourse but to live with suffering until Medical Cannabis was introduced to me through a caregiver/grower. I had to learn how to use the product as I was completely naive of marijuana use, but within a few minutes of use, I was nausea free.
This brings me to the state of current affairs. First, I admit I would fail any UCI test now for marijuana use. For me to obtain any product, my caregiver/grower and I have to illegally transport, grow, and store marijuana. I would have to resort to the black market, per se, in order to obtain any Medical Cannabis if my caregiver wasn't willing to break the law. It is abhorrent to me that the people I vote into office would allow their constituents to suffer, be in pain, or put themselves in harm's way. I would ask that medical marijuana be made available to those in need through some sort of dispensary, means of delivery, or some other method to protect both parties. I don't want to be in the "wrong place at the wrong time". I wish to experience the remainder of my life in joy, performing acts of kindness, coming from my heart, and giving back to the community that gave so much to me. Please do your part in allaying pain and suffering for those in need by legalizing the means for availability, access, delivery, and distribution. I am available for any questions or discussion on this topic as I am passionate about allaying pain and suffering for those in need. Of course, please keep in mind the immediacy of this issue; I've been given less than a year to put my affairs in order. This email put me in tears. All that I wish to accomplish in my lifetime is to make the world a more tolerant, cooperative, and kind environment in which to live...or die. Once again, I am available to assist you in any way possible. I'm incredibly pleased that the letter made it over to you, However, the journalist in me sees many areas that could've been stronger....must be that competitive nature in me. I will stress again that if my physical presence (still under 100lbs) could make an impact, hurry to set that up. In actuality, my letter should've stated I was given less than 6 weeks. Hey, what do the docs know? Shiiiiiiitt....
My love to both of you - I remain in gratitude and with love
Michelle
Fiddler on the Roof; crack me up!

Thank you,
Michelle Bono

:bravo::smokin:

Mahalo Nui Loa Michelle
A Hui Hou
All our Love
The Entire 420 crew

Thanks 420 as you have helped in so many ways for so many of us all, Michelle loved you for that, and she never had the great chance of meeting you, only knowing of you and your mission thru our acquaintance.

Back
Top Bottom