Alternate Sources Of Energy?

Great topic........I seen a box that plugged into the wall 110v..and on the other side(of the box) was more wall sockets. I was told that it produced more than it was consuming. Has anyone heard of or seen these?

I would suggest a physics class....

There's always Brownian motion. But it's so hard to find both tea and no-tea in the same universe (props to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy game by Infocom0.

What about a 30 kw generator? Cost you anywhere from $4000 to $6000 + installation. You'd burn natural gas but you power consumption from your grow could come from a unit like that so technically you'd be off the electrical grid. Might be able to convert the system to run off a large refillable NG tank.

Any thoughts?????

What about a 30 kw generator? Cost you anywhere from $4000 to $6000 + installation. You'd burn natural gas but you power consumption from your grow could come from a unit like that so technically you'd be off the electrical grid. Might be able to convert the system to run off a large refillable NG tank.

Any thoughts?????

Off the grid...yes.

A cheaper alternative....no.

Generator breaks down...your fukd.

Bottled gas is almost always propane. It's not really what I would consider cheap. I lived in the country and had propane for a while. Those guys will rape you with a smile.

There is nothing better than the Sun if you have enough to set up look in to light dep. Then you can set up you mothers and veg area with minimal light with a generator solor what ever use timers to turn lights off/on when sun is not strong enough or cloudy day....if your out in the sticks or the city greenhouses are now made where you can't see whats growing in them unless you are in them.

Off grid may sound nice, but in reality the most efficient use of any solar/wind setup is used wile on grid. You pump any unused juice back into the grid during the day and use the grid at night. This saves you big $ on storage batteries. A 1Kw system can be bought without batteries for around 5 grand. So the initial investment is still going to be high, but not anywhere near as high as some would think.

This is a interesting thread, so decided to share what I've found..

common sources... wind, solar, thermo

also found some interesting ones..

joule ringer ( i don't really understand this one, but its a source of energy)

earth battery (people are using wet soil to generate very low amounts of power, this is how telegraph used to be powered across long distances..

you also can take electricity out of water by running it through 2 coils..
The Extraordinary Nature of Water -Viktor Schauberger 6/6 - YouTube

The first law of thermodynamics states that we cannot create energy, only convert it from one form to another. Almost all commercial electrical generation is done using electromagnetic induction, in which mechanical energy forces an electrical generator to rotate. So we are always faced with the costs associated with driving the generator and managing the energy produced. If you have at your disposal a mechanical power source that costs you little or nothing (ie. stream to drive water wheels), the only other significant costs will be initial construction and energy management. Whether it's large or small scale, the costs associated with producing energy affect us all. :)

Years ago (70's) I dreamed of exploring Solar but the industry as a whole, was for $hit. No one could work with anyone else. Parts of the system wouldn't be compatible with other system parts. The manufacturer's hadn't yet gotten together and standardized the industry. And besides, Americans are spoiled as to the realistic cost of fossil fuels, and the attraction to Solar was real low. Expensive buy in and long pay back time. Still is today.
The few scientific posts above says it all. Couldn't have said it better. My hat's off to you gentlemen!
I have often wished that I lived with a year-round stream or river on my property so I could experiment with Hydro-Electric Power. Still any of these are gonna' cost a $hit load. Keep remembering the amount of Kilowatt's you'll need and the hours you'll burn through..

I've Been looking alot into Solar Power Energy to fund my Op also, Your looking at spending over £1000 Thought, At least if you wish to buy a Half Decent set up, The More Energy Efficient method does seem to be Wind Turbines, At least for myself living in a Country that gets battered by pretty much every continental wind.. Early in the Post i Did see that someone mentioned about having to have them high up, Your Probably going to get better results from the turbines which rotate with the wind though - That way maximising output,

People from North America however, Welll - Im sure you guys get plenty of Solar Energy, I Spent a Brief Period of 3 months in indiana back last year, and i Remember there being about a Week Solid of No Zone days (For those of you that don't know what this is; It's a Day where Children and the elderly are encouraged to stay indoors unless they have to leave); So i really don't see why anyone Between there and Equator couldn't successfully harvest upto 20% of there Power usage per annum.

Is there a good way to just reduce electrical use not go off the grid? I heard two decent suggestions: natural gas/propane generator (even if a bit more expensive) and solar to put back into the grid.

iam off-grid grower mojave desert three ballast 400 hps a/c no problem solar panels bio desiel generator i am 7000 into it got it all back from obama tax credit 30% first 33 % since

Back
Top Bottom