Am I ready to harvest yet

Lord Enlil

420 Member
Hey All what's up? Im new to the site and have my first grow and outdoor grow. I believe they are almost ready but I want to make sure. Im in the North East so time and weather are against me. Check out my trichs and let me know how close you think I am to harvest or how much longer you think I should wait. Its seems from what I've seen maybe another few weeks. They are all milky but no amber yet. Its a bagseed so no idea what strain but it was kb. I also think it Indica but not sure on that either. Let me know what you think.

Btw I am an irrigation expert especially when it comes to drip systems. Im thinking there might be business for me with some growers any idea where to advertise my services. I realize it will be local growers but before i put an ad on craigslist I thought Id ask here.

Take care and Thanks!

Attachments

• CM180922-114110005.jpg
    CM180922-114110005.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 83
  • CM180922-114945006.jpg
    CM180922-114945006.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 75
Welcome Enil, hard to tell by the pics but the backgrounds looks like a lot of white pistils so you could let her go a little longer. Here's a link to help get you started here at 420 Magazine.
Helpful Links For New Members

Hey Enil. Pennywise is right, certainly looks like a few weeks more yet. Have you got a pic with a bit more of the plant showing. Welcome to 420 by the way :)
Thanks! Here's a couple more. It's been pretty amazing watching this grow. Im been using for years but never grew-Shit state I live in. If you can tell what kind it is that would be cool ind vs. sat. The hairs are about 60ish% orange id say. While Im asking I see everyone cuts the individual branches off for drying-I was going to cut the base of the stem and just hang it like an upside down christmas tree does it matter?

Attachments

• CM180922-125209010.jpg
    CM180922-125209010.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 77
  • CM180922-125351011.jpg
    CM180922-125351011.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 80
Thanks! Here's a couple more. It's been pretty amazing watching this grow. Im been using for years but never grew-Shit state I live in. If you can tell what kind it is that would be cool ind vs. sat. The hairs are about 60ish% orange id say. While Im asking I see everyone cuts the individual branches off for drying-I was going to cut the base of the stem and just hang it like an upside down christmas tree does it matter?
Looks beautiful! I'd say it was an indica or an indica leaning hybrid. Cutting it down at the base and just hanging it is absolutely fine, just make sure things don't get too humid and that there is good air movement around the plant but not directly at her. I'd still say that you have a little while longer until harvest but I don't grow outdoors so I'm not sure how much longer. Someone will see this and come in with an answer soon enough, just you watch :)

Be careful looking at trics on leaves, they degrade much faster than the buds

Pretty plant, nice job, check her in a week or so

When_To_Harvest2.jpg
how-to-tell-a-marijuana-plant-is-ready-to-harvest-c62052097c07fb01.jpg
when-to-harvest-cannabis-diagram.jpg

Thanks man yeah she is a beaut. I've been a landscaper for years planting flowers and pruning and fertilizing so I pruned 3-4 times to maximize bud production plus I used some serious soil mixes and high nitrogen fert and lime to adjust for ph and help the fert break down. 2 are awesome, 1 turned into a hermaphrodite and I was afraid it would contaminate the others so I cut it down. I got some buds out of it but not strong thc wise. That top pic of the calyx is great I'm going to have a closer look I've seen them becoming more prominent and the hairs changing so I'm def close-week to week. Thanks I cant wait to dry and cure. Its going to be a great.

Welcome lord enlil! I was thinking as I was reading that I was gonna suggest looking at the trichomes on the bud instead of the leaf but Chris beat me to it. Lol. Hope they give you some fire my friend!

Hey Man I am really confused whether I should harvest now or not. Every post I see says october for my area but they seem ready now although the plants do not have yellow leaves or look like they are dying but the hairs/stigmas are almost all red and the calyxs are big. I just dont fkn know and its been cold and then warm and rainy as a bastard so Im horrified of mold or rot. Would there be a huge difference in the potency between now and the end of october (5 weeks) if I harvest now or wait. Here is a bud from a bottom branch what do you think? Thanks

Attachments

• CM180926-120654002[1].jpg
    CM180926-120654002[1].jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 57
  • CM180926-120626001[1].jpg
    CM180926-120626001[1].jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 59
Welcome lord enlil! I was thinking as I was reading that I was gonna suggest looking at the trichomes on the bud instead of the leaf but Chris beat me to it. Lol. Hope they give you some fire my friend!
Hey I thought I was replying to you but just actually posted a new thread anyways I put up 2 pics of my current buds what you think as far as readiness if you can tell?

Attachments

• CM180926-120626001[1].jpg
    CM180926-120626001[1].jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 49
  • CM180926-120654002[1].jpg
    CM180926-120654002[1].jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 46
Same problem. Can't see it's trichs. However, if the conditions aren't on your side and you think that there is a good possibility of mold then it may be better to chop a little early than risk losing the whole crop. Also, finishing times are only a guideline really and plants can finish up early or late. It's up to you really. The bud pic does look pretty good though :)

Same problem. Can't see it's trichs. However, if the conditions aren't on your side and you think that there is a good possibility of mold then it may be better to chop a little early than risk losing the whole crop. Also, finishing times are only a guideline really and plants can finish up early or late. It's up to you really. The bud pic does look pretty good though :)
Thanks for getting back to me. I had 1 beauty 1 pretty goo and the other smaller all in the same area reasonably. I took the top cola off the little one and cut the whole other one down. I just have my beauty left. The little ones cola was awesome but the big ones was rotted more than a little =maybe salvageable. Luckily it had good "arms" on it so I still got a good amount of bud. I checked out the other cola the beauty and it looks fine. I think Im going to take the top off at least if not the whole But not today lol I already spent hours trimming. Heres a sample pic

Attachments

• 20180926_152903[1].jpg
    20180926_152903[1].jpg
    606.6 KB · Views: 60
I just had a thought. Is there any way that you could cover them if rain is a problem?
No not really. it would make it obvious and I'm worried about security. I don't want punks ripping me off like I would have done to someone if I saw their budded plant when I was a douche lmao Also even though it legal I don't doubt cops would try to take it too. I need a better location next time. This was literally a whim from a bagseed. I am actually a little bummed to cut it down after all the work but not too bummed haha

Back
Top Bottom