Am I ready to transfer?

TalanGrows

420 Member
I have questions regarding whether I'm ready to transfer to larger pots yet or not. I was hoping to transfer them both at the same time so I don't have a huge height difference between them but I don't know if the ones ready yet...
Thanks in advance.

Sorry the video cuts out mid sentence. Battery died. But the needed info and my question are there so...

Yes, definitely transplant the big one. You could transplant the smaller one but it will make it hard for you as a newer grower to water correctly so I wouldn't recommend that. Sometimes we cannot transplant all of our plants at the same time because they work on their own timeline. A very good indicator is that they are ready if they drink ALL of their water in 24 hours or so. Don't hold the big girl back because you want to transplant at the same time, she's wanting to show you what she can do! Depending on the age of the lil one you may even cull it. Sometimes a seed is just a weak example and won't mount to much. How old are they?

You can transplant both but I would suggest reading the thread with a link down in my signature that says "how to water potted plant". Even if you think you may know, that thread can save you mucho problemo later hehe.

Thanks for the help. I'll give it a read for sure. I'll probably just transfer the big one. I'd hate to waste the nutrients on empty soil for the small one so I'll let her develop a little longer.

Thanks for the help. I'll give it a read for sure. I'll probably just transfer the big one. I'd hate to waste the nutrients on empty soil for the small one so I'll let her develop a little longer.
Not only that but nutrients that get left in a soil leave behind salts that add up over time and can cause big pH issues later. Then you see deficiencies and root problems. I think your idea is a wise one.

FYI I am using the advanced nutrients micro grow bloom line as well as a small amount of mammoth p and slf-100
Gotcha, I have been using the Advanced sensi a&b with the whole lineup through grandmaster level for the last few years. Great stuff. Dont listen to anyone who says different. You will hear people complain about how ridiculously expensive they are. This is true, they are expensive however they do last a very very long time and you can throw a pH pen away. I haven't used my pH pen in over 2 years now. Makes the grow very simple. Don't be afraid to only use half strength would be my advice. The plants will tell you if they need more.

Gotcha, I have been using the Advanced sensi a&b with the whole lineup through grandmaster level for the last few years. Great stuff. Dont listen to anyone who says different. You will hear people complain about how ridiculously expensive they are. This is true, they are expensive however they do last a very very long time and you can throw a pH pen away. I haven't used my pH pen in over 2 years now. Makes the grow very simple. Don't be afraid to only use half strength would be my advice. The plants will tell you if they need more.
They recommend 4ml/gallon of each. I'm using 4 micro, 3 grow, 2 bloom currently. Planning on gradually moving towards mixing that 2, 3, 4 in bloom. Would that be good or should I just follow instructions?

I'm using bushdoctor coco coir. And yes I love the ph perfect technology. I'm considering using their carbo load and big bud as well.
Heres the additives I use...I wouldn't be without Big Bud, voodoo juice, overdrive,Nirvana, and perhaps the 2 biggest ones, Rhino Skin and Bud Factor X.
The carboload is for the most part the same as thier bud candy that I use.

They recommend 4ml/gallon of each. I'm using 4 micro, 3 grow, 2 bloom currently. Planning on gradually moving towards mixing that 2, 3, 4 in bloom. Would that be good or should I just follow instructions?
What schedule are you looking at? Here is the schedule for 3.78 liters or 1 gallon that I see....It calls for 15ml of each.
Am I looking at the wrong calculator for your nutes?

What schedule are you looking at? Here is the schedule for 3.78 liters or 1 gallon that I see....It calls for 15ml of each.
Am I looking at the wrong calculator for your nutes?
Nope. You are correct. It's 4ml per liter. Not gallon. I misread. Which means I've only been giving my girls 1/4 the recommended nutes. I guess I'll be transferring as well as stepping up their nutrients today.

I still dont see where they reccomend 4,3,2
They don't. I was told that even though they recommend equal amounts through the entire life cycle its not really needed. That the micro was most important early and bloom was more important in flower and I could save money on nutes by adjusting the amounts according to that logic.

They don't. I was told that even though they recommend equal amounts through the entire life cycle its not really needed. That the micro was most important early and bloom was more important in flower and I could save money on nutes by adjusting the amounts according to that logic.
Or It can screw up the ph buffering. I am always very cautious with adjusting the ratios on Advanced Nutrients. I won't change the ratios the only thing I will do is step up or down the total amount of everything but not individually, all together. I will do the quarter strength, half strength, full strength thing but that's about it. If you do transfer to bigger pots today I would not up your nutrients much for this first feed. I would keep it about the same or maybe go to half strength but I would let them get used to their new home for a few days before going much over half strength. That's just my advice anyway.

Back
Top Bottom