Another Odor

yourmove

I have a question with regard to odor.

I currently have a 13 sq/ft cabinet that has a 4" fan paired with a 4" carbon filter.
The cabinet is impervious to air movement and does push some terpenes into the room that hosts the cabinet.

While the room does have reasonable amount of odor; I would like to treat the room as well. I have reviewed some small devices, such as the gt50 and similar, to remedy my problem.

I am looking for discrete and effective. . . But effective more than anything.

What do you do?

Re: Another Odor . . .

What is a gf 50 yourmove?
Consider another carbon filter as a stand alone air scrubber.

The gf 50 is a little wall plugged ozonator that I found on amazon.

When you say stand alone scrubber . . . Do you mean just run a fan and filter in the room?

Is the cabinet pretty well fastened to not let the stink out?

What are the 4in scrubber and fan rated at?

& do you have a speed controller?

:Namaste:
Yeah - no the cabinet is newly constructed and am running some autos so I didn't completely seal it at this time.
The fan and filter are way over rated for the space. The fan is variable speed and is on high. I understand how the room is getting odor ..... I just need to deal with it for this grow and remedy for later grows.

Also - even if I were to open the doors the odor still comes out. I just need to supplement the odor control.

Okay, well I deal with the same thing you deal with, if you are growing good weed that reeks and your set up isn't containing it, it isn't going to be contained. If the box leaks, the smell will leak out.

If the fan is rated higher than the cabinet wouldn't you want to turn the controller lower to make sure it is collecting all the stink efficiently and not just forcing the stink air through the filter with a quickness.. I'm sure you have already experimented with this.

I use plug in air fresheners around my house to keep smell "Masked" but you can always smell the chronic.

If you are still getting odor using a carbon filter then I would say that there is an issue either with the carbon filter or how it is installed. When I first installed my fan/filter combo unit, I could still smell that unmistakeable odor. I determined that the seal around the fan was not airtight and that air was escaping around the fan housing which was not getting filtered. Once I tightend up the vent around my fan, the smell went away completely, while the exhaust fan was running. I did noticed that in the morning before the lights came on, there was a slight odor coming from the grow box, but it went away soon after the exhaust fan started up.

It could also be that the carbon within the filter itself is old and not effective enough to cleanse the odors from the air. Carbon typically lasts a year or so of continuous use and needs to be replaced periodically when its effectiveness has diminished.

Yes - I am kind of wondering if there is a problem with the carbon filter. Based on the size of the set-up, it is adequate to handle the little cab and the whole room thereafter. I did get the filter recently new from Amazon; however, it still could be problematic.

Back
Top Bottom