Any idea what causes this discoloration?

The guy at the grow shop thinks it's thrips and is apparently fairly certain of this. He said you can't see them usually despite what I read. So I took his advice and got some thrip strips, Einstein neem oil, calimagic and a microscope. I'll update everyone when I get home and go through it all.

Keep us posted bud .Thirps are little black things on plant you can see them from naked eye same with kites look under your fans for mutex broad mites can't be seen be naked eye lol

I just checked and couldn't see any mites but it was really difficult without removing a leaf. As for neem oil does anyone have experience with it burning plants? Would hate for that to happen. I guess I can do a plant at a time.

I just checked and couldn't see any mites but it was really difficult without removing a leaf. As for neem oil does anyone have experience with it burning plants? Would hate for that to happen. I guess I can do a plant at a time.
Should be fine if you do it when lights go out. You could pull them spray them down and let them dry before you put them back in and be ok. Just don't put them in front of lights when still wet as they will burn

It doesn't seem to be trips. Nothing on the traps overnight. I'll spray Friday as I work from home and will have the time to hit em in the dark cycle. My dark cycle normally kicks on after I leave for work and kicks back on before I'm home.

When I scope I pull a damaged leaf off and scope it. Do the underside base of the leaf along the vein. Neem oil/Essential oil is hard on a plant so dont over mix or spray to frequent or the last 1.5 months left of flower. I ISO wash then essential oil spray twice a month until flip. A neem drench wouldent hurt twice in veg also, 1 month apart. Too much oil clogs the pores of the plant

When I scope I pull a damaged leaf off and scope it. Do the underside base of the leaf along the vein. Neem oil/Essential oil is hard on a plant so dont over mix or spray to frequent or the last 1.5 months left of flower. I ISO wash then essential oil spray twice a month until flip. A neem drench wouldent hurt twice in veg also, 1 month apart. Too much oil clogs the pores of the plant

Yeah I did a light wash of natural dish soap and einstein oil and things seem to have stopped. Going to follow up with a final application to be sure and be done with it. I did pull a leaf off or two and check really well and saw nothing so could be an early thrip infestation as I looked into it and they can be hard to find. I started to notice a little too much green on the new growth and started adding calimagic and maxigrow to my plants and they have snapped back within two days. I'm now doing some LST and have FIM'ed all my plants.

Check it out, I mounted a 1080P usb camera in my tent so I can check on it.

Looks_better.PNG

Back
Top Bottom