Any ideas what's wrong here?

Sounds counter-intuitive, but I have added H2O2 to the water to reoxygenate the root zone in the past with some success
You could lift out the entire root ball and chuck a thin layer of clay pebbles in the bottom if you reckon it's soggy feet
Got any humic acid? CalMag might be an idea too

Sounds counter-intuitive, but I have added H2O2 to the water to reoxygenate the root zone in the past with some success
You could lift out the entire root ball and chuck a thin layer of clay pebbles in the bottom if you reckon it's soggy feet
Got any humic acid? CalMag might be an idea too
I've got hydroton here but I'll have to purchase some more pots to plant Into

recognize the name it’s an Aus brand right? Yeah hard to believe it but gravel or perlite bottom layer works against you since it “perches“ or raises the water table to a higher level in the bucket.

special thanks to @Emilya
Even if it's only a thin layer ? Wouldn't a thin layer stop the drain holes from being blocked by the potting mix and allow the water to flow out and allow air in . I could see a thick layer of hydroton being a problem but would half an inch be beneficial ?

I've got hydroton here but I'll have to purchase some more pots to plant Into
Not necessarily bigger pots, 1/8" pebbles in the bottom, put the plant back in
It will create air space bottom and sides of pots and soon settle in
Sorry, but I don't subscribe to the view that drainage raises water table - that's nonsense

Not necessarily bigger pots, 1/8" pebbles in the bottom, put the plant back in
It will create air space bottom and sides of pots and soon settle in
Sorry, but I don't subscribe to the view that drainage raises water table
Once I take them out of the pots I won't get them back in because they are soft foldable plastic pots so it have to slightly upsize the pots to get them back in . Could I wash the soil away from the roots and repot them into fresh potting mix with the clay in the bottom? And water in lightly

Yes it’s hard to comprehend but it does the opposite, I agree it goes against conventional wisdom but you are better off just having a well drained soil from top to bottom
I'm confused lol from different opinions

IMHO repotting them now will only set you back even further.... just let them dry out but as mentioned tilting the pots to steep angle for 24 hours is the fastest way to reset the water table to lower level...

I‘ve even tried using shop vac to suck water out but serious problem there will be soil compaction / less oxygen. Tilting the bucket works magic since it will pee out a lot of water right away but it’s still a slow process since they were just flushed

All it would do is raise the perched water table.
I don't think I would use that soil in your next grow.
Be better off mixing your own from 30% peat moss, 30% aged compost and 30% aeration like pumice and rice hulls with a little biochar.
That soil sounds like it stays wet for too long.

Or really if you only want to use synthetic nutrients then really you would be better off using just Coco with a little pumice

All it would do is raise the perched water table.
I don't think I would use that soil in your next grow.
Be better off mixing your own from 30% peat moss, 30% aged compost and 30% aeration like pumice and rice hulls with a little biochar.
That soil sounds like it stays wet for too long.

Or really if you only want to use synthetic nutrients then really you would be better off using just Coco with a little pumice
It does stay wet for a long time i agree. But maybe I was just overdoing the amount of water. And there was water sitting in the trays at the bottom for a couple of days too

It does stay wet for a long time i agree. But maybe I was just overdoing the amount of water. And there was water sitting in the trays at the bottom for a couple of days too
There's your whole problem.
Basically what I said in the beginning.
That soil actually has those crystals in it that soaks up water to stay wet.
Plus sitting in the runoff it just has wet feet

There's your whole problem.
Basically what I said in the beginning.
That soil actually has those crystals in it that soaks up water to stay wet.
Plus sitting in the runoff it just has wet feet
Awesome I'm going to cut some extra holes in the bottom of the pots tomorrow to allow extra air in because the pots have not enough train holes for my liking either . Last time I use them. Next time will be fabric pots for sure. Or custom pots made from mosquito mesh you find in Windows so air is in abundance to all sides of the soil and raised up from being directly on tray with a grill underneath for air under also

Truth is it doesn't really matter what you do, even if it's nothing but don't stand them in water if it isn't being absorbed, and you deffo need drainage of some kind - try coco next time as it will not hold excess water
Ive been wanting to do a coco run for a while now but heard it can be very challenging getting the nutes right and an abundance of problems with lockout

@Nunyabiz @Growings @013 thanks again guys I think we've got the the bottom of the issue. Literally , as in the bottom of the pots where the water is lol pun Intended hahaha thanks heaps i think the right changes have been made although I do feel better about flushing them after the high nitro I have them. So they've been flushed and also about to be dried out for about 6 days atleast with extra drain holes. Peace to my lads appreciated homies

Ive been wanting to do a coco run for a while now but heard it can be very challenging getting the nutes right and an abundance of problems with lockout
Nah - CannaCoco A + B, CalMag, PK13/14 and that's all you need for coco, it's very, very forgiving
Just keep your pH consistent and watch 'em go for it

Back
Top Bottom