Any info on these two strains?

The seller should have info on potential yield, however, I'd take it with a grain of salt, since they base their estimates on perect growing conditions. Never heard of Lilooet, but I currently have a Blueberry Headband about 6 weeks into veg, it's doing very well, no issues.

I've never grown either of them, but Headband has been around for a while, and you're mostly going to find people growing crosses. From what I've seen it's a fairly standard sativa dominant variety. If you use the search function you'll find a lot of mentions of crosses, and one grower currently growing a version.
You're not likely to find much info on Lillooet on the forums. I've only seen seeds of it available on the OCS site, and they're not there now. All I can find is that it's a quick flowering sativa with pink pistils.

I just bought seeds for "headband" and "lillooet" strains. Anybody got any experience or advice on these 2? Such things as yield and diseases.
Using google or your favorite search engine type the name into the search box followed by 'strain' as in:
headband strain

Then start looking through the links that pop up. You will get info on effects that relate recreational & medicinal use. Looking through the links you will come across info on growing including suggested days from seed to start of flowering, and days from start of flowering to harvest. Also info on whether a stain is hard or easy to grow.

Headband is a strain.

Lillooet is a Sativa dominant landrace variety which is the beginning of the lineage for several different strains.

Do the searches and dig through the links that pop up for more info.

I know they're calling Lillooet a landrace, but I don't see how it could be.
There aren't any cannabis varieties native to Canada, and it was "developed" here for short summers.
I guess they're saying they used quicker flowering phenotypes of the same variety to make it, but I was under the impression that selective breeding like that would disqualify it from being a landrace.
Am I missing something?

I know they're calling Lillooet a landrace, but I don't see how it could be.
There aren't any cannabis varieties native to Canada, and it was "developed" here for short summers.
I guess they're saying they used quicker flowering phenotypes of the same variety to make it, but I was under the impression that selective breeding like that would disqualify it from being a landrace.
Am I missing something?
I thought the same thing.

guess you gonna be the first grower of these strains here. would be great if you'll start a journal :D
Well I probably won't do a journal, however I'm not impressed so far. I planted 4 Lillooet seeds and 4 Headband seeds on May 15/23. The 4 Headband are all coming along well. Of the 4 Lillooet seeds 2 barely sprouted the looks like they are dying, the other 2 sprouted but the plants are smaller and seem slower then the Headband. Unless they pick up as the season progesses, I don't think I'll be trying them again. I'll try to post some pic's later today.

Back
Top Bottom