Any one use Blue Labs pH pen? My probes aren't lasting very long.

DrTentgrow

Hello I have a blue labs E.C and pH combo meter and my pH probes don't last very long and they are £60 a pop! I have got through 3 pens in 4 grows! and for such a pricey meter and probes I would expect more, I keep it calibrated and cleaned and also kept in pH 4 buffer solution which is advised in the instructions.

Anyone experiencing similar problems?

Re: Any one use pH labs pH pen? My probes arnt lasting very long.

No I haven't yet but that's a good idea all thou I doubt that I got unlucky 3 times! all the probes were from different sources but at least they can shed some light on how long they are expected to last, I believe that some pH probe company's do there last ability by number of pH test undertook with the probe. I use it a lot I have 2 plants in my veg room in aqua farms that both need to be checked daily, once to see what the pH is then possibly 2 or 3 more times after to adjust. In my flowering room I have 2 aqua farms that connect to a central res so less checks to do there. I obviously have to use it when I am preparing res changes and top ups.

I think I could get a good estimate of how much I use it before it stops working, if I can get a figure of roughly how much uses are to be expected before it brakes from blue labs then I can see if something is going wrong or not.

I told the shop where I got the probe from that they haven't been lasting very long and the guy kindly took my old one and is going to get it swapped with Blue Labs for a new one, he said that they have changed the design of the probes slightly and now it is best to store them in tap water, we had been storing them in pH 4 buffer solution as the instructions said but the guy said that all thou they had changed the design they had not changed the literature that goes with the probe.

Hello I found out what the problem is and it's very frustrating and expensive! this is copied and pasted from else where.

Just throwing up some caution to farmers:
Bluelab has switched a couple components recently on their handheld PENS (PH&PPM).
The PH probe has been replaced by a different manufacturer (from what ive heard) and a good % of the probes are faulty. failing within a couple of weeks.
The PPM pen has some issues as well. ive heard the readings arent consistent and some will not read at all.

This problems are only affecting recent manufactured bluelab pens - within the last 2-3 months. So dont freak if your a bluelab owner like myself. Your hydro store should be able to replace faulty pens. Bluelab is aware of the problem and are working on a fix. This is also resulting in a nice little back order.

Just a little warning to those who are looking to buy new meters or to those whom have purchased one recently.

No disrespect towards Bluelab, for i am a fan and will still use their products before any other meter manufactures.

I dont have a ph pen but i store my probe in storage solution. Idk if that maybe a issue but all the probes ive worked with they say to store them in storage solution.

Back
Top Bottom