Any Recommendations On Lights

home depot hps is the wrong kind it wont plug directly into wall and probably uses tons of energy. Get a lumatek electronic ballast-400w, its switchable (hps/mh), and a 430w(EYE)HPS bulb. The ballast has a switch to add 30w I heard. I just ordered it and should be getting it in a few days. I went to hydroponic outlet I found them to be the cheapest.

If I had another closet I would go with a switchable ballast for both HD/HPS bulbs. Maybe a 400 Watt you will have to vent the room with a exhaust fan of some sort. The switchable are about half the cost of a digital ballast....

Like this..........

plants11.jpg

:Rasta::Rasta:

i bought the hps from home depot only to return it and they would only give me in store credit!

Lumatek Ballasts and High End Bulbs

When using lumatek digital ballasts DO NOT USE HIGH END LAMPS/BULBS such as EYE Hortilux Super HPS lamp/bulb. Compatibility issues. Check this out>Lumatek Ballast and this Lumatek digital more trouble than its worth?. I also read a few threads and articles about fires starting with these ballasts. Don't remember the whole story on the fires. Hope this helps make the decision making process easier for u. :peace:

Ok I personally feel that MH for veg and HPS for flowering is the only way to go for the finest outcome as far as quality is concerned. For hoods I use adjust-a-wings and feel that used with the adjust-a-wing accessory the super spreader they are the shit. Why are they the shit? First of all extremely lightweight. Second, I am not good at expressing the logistics about things, but their shape design and pebbled material provide a great amount of reflection. However I have had issues controlling heat as opposed to an air cooled hood...but once you dial in your own ways of dealing with that issue (like training exhaust ducting to the back of it) then you will be very pleased with results. You can run 250w, 400w, 600w with the medium size and 1000w with the large size.

Back
Top Bottom