Anyone know of any licenced providers in Canada that have a high CBD cannabis strain

Re: Anyone know of any licenced providers in Canada that have a high CBD cannabis str

That's probably a good thing as they could barely keep any product on the shelves
Yeah many LP's are low or out of stock roght now on most strains, but i managed to get some CBD strains in only 10% to 12% on both of them, but it will do for now. I just want higher is all to last longer since i Smoke and Vape.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: Anyone know of any licenced providers in Canada that have a high CBD cannabis str

Have you tried ingesting it ever? It lasts much longer than smoking or vaping does and if that's the main reason you're looking for higher CBD stuff, it might be worth exploring? It's not that hard to do. I have a recipe if you're interested. Let me know.

Yeah many LP's are low or out of stock roght now on most strains, but i managed to get some CBD strains in only 10% to 12% on both of them, but it will do for now. I just want higher is all to last longer since i Smoke and Vape.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Have you tried ingesting it ever? It lasts much longer than smoking or vaping does and if that's the main reason you're looking for higher CBD stuff, it might be worth exploring? It's not that hard to do. I have a recipe if you're interested. Let me know.
Ok sure post the receipe.

I am wanting higher but a fast release still as eating will take longer to release.

Thks

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

I just made this recipe again tonight but instead of coconut oil, I used sunflower oil and instead of putting it in capsules, I'm planning on just taking it with a dosing syringe. Let me know how it goes.

Link goes to main page not to a recipe.

Really? When I clicked it, it took me right to my blog with the recipe.

Essentially, you decide how strong you want to make your medicine. I did mine as a 10:1 ratio with 100 ml sunflower oil and 10 grams Hash Plant, a strain with significant CBD.

Here's the recipe copied and pasted from my blog with pictures. I know it looks like a lot but it's really easy. Trust me.:

Cannaoil (Capsules)

Instructions courtesy of Old Hippie and Sirius Fourside from Sirius' website Grow Weed Easy.

Ingredients:

• 10 g of Hash Plant
  • 100 ml of organic sunflower oil or coconut oil
  • 1 tbsp of liquid sunflower lecithin (optional - It potentiates the cannabis by making it more bioavailable, as well as supply the body with essential nutrients.)

Equipment:

• grinder
  • cheesecloth
  • mini crockpot
  • baking sheet
  • aluminum foil
  • 2 small microwave safe bowls
  • a couple of rubber bands

Additional Equipment needed if you're going to make capsules:

• 10 ml syringe
  • empty '00' size gelatin capsules
  • EZ-Cap-Filling device

Instructions:

• Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil to prevent the cannabis from sticking to the pan during the decarb process.
  • Preheat the oven to 110C/230F.
  • Measure out how much pot you're using. I used 10 grams.

IMG_057449.jpg

• Lightly grind your pot so it cooks more evenly.

IMG_057340.jpg

IMG_057242.jpg

• Spread the freshly ground buds over the aluminum foil on the baking sheet.
  • Put the baking sheet in the oven for 110 minutes for optimum results.
  • When the cannabis is in the oven, measure out 100ml of oil and add to the crockpot, which should be set to warm.

• When the cannabis is done decarbing, remove from the oven and grind again if desired.

IMG_057652.jpg

• Stir into the heating oil.
  • Set your kitchen timer for 3 hours making sure that you stir it every half hour or so.

IMG_058249.jpg

IMG_057746.jpg

• When the 3 hours is up, turn off the crockpot and let it cool down.

• Cut off a square of cheesecloth. It should be a bit more than twice the width of the microwave-safe container.
  • Fold the cheesecloth in half so it's twice as thick and place it over the container. Secure it to the container with one of the rubber bands. (this is to strain your finished oil)

IMG_058047.jpg

IMG_058145.jpg

• Pour or spoon the oil mixture on top of the cheesecloth. The mixture should slowly drip into the bowl underneath.
  • Carefully take the rubber band off and make sure the cheesecloth doesn't fall into the oil. If you don't want oil all over your hands for this part, put on some rubber gloves first. Squeeze out as much oil as you can from the cheesecloth. Discard or save for a canna tea if you like.

IMG_058446.jpg

You can skip the next part if you're not going to make capsules.

• Set up your capsule filler device as per the directions on the back of the box. You won't need the tool called a 'tamper' for this since you're working with a liquid instead of dry herb.
  • Insert the 50 capsules without lids into the capsule filler device.

IMG_057850.jpg

IMG_057944.jpg

• Use the syringe to suck up the cannabis-laden coconut oil, and gently fill the caps one at a time. Be careful not to overfill the caps. (I used approximately .5 ml per capsule and ended up making 52 capsules altogether).
  • Close the capsules as instructed on the capsule filler device box.

IMG_058541.jpg

IMG_058740.jpg

IMG_058947.jpg

• Put in a jar and refrigerate if you used coconut oil. They basically will keep forever if you keep them in the fridge.

IMG_059048.jpg

Really? When I clicked it, it took me right to my blog with the recipe.

Essentially, you decide how strong you want to make your medicine. I did mine as a 10:1 ratio with 100 ml sunflower oil and 10 grams Hash Plant, a strain with significant CBD.

Here's the recipe copied and pasted from my blog with pictures. I know it looks like a lot but it's really easy. Trust me.:

Cannaoil (Capsules)

Instructions courtesy of Old Hippie and Sirius Fourside from Sirius' website Grow Weed Easy.

Ingredients:

• 10 g of Hash Plant
  • 100 ml of organic sunflower oil or coconut oil
  • 1 tbsp of liquid sunflower lecithin (optional - It potentiates the cannabis by making it more bioavailable, as well as supply the body with essential nutrients.)

Equipment:
  • grinder
  • cheesecloth
  • mini crockpot
  • baking sheet
  • aluminum foil
  • 2 small microwave safe bowls
  • a couple of rubber bands

Additional Equipment needed if you're going to make capsules:

• 10 ml syringe
  • empty '00' size gelatin capsules
  • EZ-Cap-Filling device

Instructions:

• Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil to prevent the cannabis from sticking to the pan during the decarb process.
  • Preheat the oven to 110C/230F.
  • Measure out how much pot you're using. I used 10 grams.

IMG_057449.jpg

• Lightly grind your pot so it cooks more evenly.

IMG_057340.jpg

IMG_057242.jpg

• Spread the freshly ground buds over the aluminum foil on the baking sheet.
  • Put the baking sheet in the oven for 110 minutes for optimum results.
  • When the cannabis is in the oven, measure out 100ml of oil and add to the crockpot, which should be set to warm.

• When the cannabis is done decarbing, remove from the oven and grind again if desired.

IMG_057652.jpg

• Stir into the heating oil.
  • Set your kitchen timer for 3 hours making sure that you stir it every half hour or so.

IMG_058249.jpg

IMG_057746.jpg

• When the 3 hours is up, turn off the crockpot and let it cool down.

• Cut off a square of cheesecloth. It should be a bit more than twice the width of the microwave-safe container.
  • Fold the cheesecloth in half so it's twice as thick and place it over the container. Secure it to the container with one of the rubber bands. (this is to strain your finished oil)

IMG_058047.jpg

IMG_058145.jpg

• Pour or spoon the oil mixture on top of the cheesecloth. The mixture should slowly drip into the bowl underneath.
  • Carefully take the rubber band off and make sure the cheesecloth doesn't fall into the oil. If you don't want oil all over your hands for this part, put on some rubber gloves first. Squeeze out as much oil as you can from the cheesecloth. Discard or save for a canna tea if you like.

IMG_058446.jpg

You can skip the next part if you're not going to make capsules.

• Set up your capsule filler device as per the directions on the back of the box. You won't need the tool called a 'tamper' for this since you're working with a liquid instead of dry herb.
  • Insert the 50 capsules without lids into the capsule filler device.

IMG_057850.jpg

IMG_057944.jpg

• Use the syringe to suck up the cannabis-laden coconut oil, and gently fill the caps one at a time. Be careful not to overfill the caps. (I used approximately .5 ml per capsule and ended up making 52 capsules altogether).
  • Close the capsules as instructed on the capsule filler device box.

IMG_058541.jpg

IMG_058740.jpg

IMG_058947.jpg

• Put in a jar and refrigerate if you used coconut oil. They basically will keep forever if you keep them in the fridge.

IMG_059048.jpg
Sry been busy all around 420 i just read this HashGirl.

Ok i will try this when i can do so.

Thks a bunch.

No problem. Glad I could help. Let me know if you try it and it helps, okay?

I'm getting my Cannabis prescription in a little over a week. Any suggestions on licensed producers here in Canada? I plan on registering with an LP, and registering to produce my own. I'm hoping to find some relief for fibromyalgia. I have a lot of issues with pain, fatigue, migraines, and other muscle issues. I plan to grow a high CBD strain for days when I have to be out and about with a clear head. I'm also going to grow a strain that fights fatigue and pain during the day, and another that relaxes and induces sleep. Hopefully you find a supplier with what you need.

I'm currently with Tweed and while they don't have a lot that is high in CBD, they have a fair number of balanced THC:CBD strains.

I heard that Emblem has Cannatonic, which is supposed to be really high in CBD. You should check out the link that I provided of all the LPs in Canada. Not all of them have product listed but a lot of them do.

I've applied for a grow licence for this very reason though. My LP seems mainly to produce high THC, little to no CBD indica strains while I need balanced sativas for daytime pain relief and balanced indicas for bedtime. It just seems to me that since LPs are supposed to be producing "medical" marijuana, you'd think they would have more strains with CBD in them.

If you get a grow licence, check out Candida-CD1. It has CBD levels of up to 25%.

I'm getting my Cannabis prescription in a little over a week. Any suggestions on licensed producers here in Canada? I plan on registering with an LP, and registering to produce my own. I'm hoping to find some relief for fibromyalgia. I have a lot of issues with pain, fatigue, migraines, and other muscle issues. I plan to grow a high CBD strain for days when I have to be out and about with a clear head. I'm also going to grow a strain that fights fatigue and pain during the day, and another that relaxes and induces sleep. Hopefully you find a supplier with what you need.

I'm currently with Tweed and while they don't have a lot that is high in CBD, they have a fair number of balanced THC:CBD strains.

I heard that Emblem has Cannatonic, which is supposed to be really high in CBD. You should check out the link that I provided of all the LPs in Canada. Not all of them have product listed but a lot of them do.

I've applied for a grow licence for this very reason though. My LP seems mainly to produce high THC, little to no CBD indica strains while I need balanced sativas for daytime pain relief and balanced indicas for bedtime. It just seems to me that since LPs are supposed to be producing "medical" marijuana, you'd think they would have more strains with CBD in them.

If you get a grow licence, check out Candida-CD1. It has CBD levels of up to 25%.

I'll keep them in mind, thanks.

I'll definitely give Candida a try once I start growing my own. I find a lot of the producers are fairly pricey too. I know I'll be burning through an ounce a month, possibly more. It makes economical sense to grow. I also like the idea of producing my own meds. Take care.

Island Mist by Emerald Health Therapeutics
Welcome to the group Daniel.

I wanted to let you know that this is a somewhat older msg thread that was started back in 2016. Some of the people who took part are still around and some are not.

You can see the date that a msg was posted in the green bar at the top of the msg and all the way over to the left. It will be just above the posters avatar & name. If the msg is less than a day old it will usually have the time it was posted. If over 1 day old it has the name of the day. Then if over a week old it will have the date.

A lot of us have run into this so we get used to double checking these sorts of things. That means you are in good company with the rest of us.

This link right below is to a thread that Canadian members sometimes use to meet and introduce to others from the country. I just selected the most current page as of a minute ago....
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/canadian-growers-group-friends.488609/page-167

Back
Top Bottom