Anyone use Dr. Node's Keep 'em Short aka "Plant Height Reducer"?

Has anyone heard of or had any direct experience with this stuff? I read about it in an old indoor gardener mag I picked up at the hydro store. The mag was 2007 and it was referred to as Dr. Node's Keep 'em short which I could not find anywhere online but did find dr. Node's Plant Height Reducer at various online hydro stores. I'm assuming its the same stuff.

From Rambridge:

Dr. Node's is a specially formulated nutrient that increases the number of internodes, shortens the length between them, and focuses plants' energy on lateral growth rather than vertical growth. This powerful nutrient will also tighten up buds and maximize your yield.

Description from online hydro store:

Dr. Node's is amazing stuff!!! When your plants are nearly outgrowing your home or business, Dr. Node's keeps them in check! You'll see the difference within a couple of applications.

Dr. Node's plant height regulator literally stops your plant from growing taller! It redirects plant energy into lateral branching making it more bushy. AND it shortens the internodes to keep the plant compact. Works well in hydroponics and soil/soilless gardens.

Those of us who appreciate flowering plants love Dr. Node's - it prolongs the time flowers (or fruit) stay on our plants. Not only will you notice flowers grow larger and more rigid for longer life, they'll be more plentiful too.

NOTE: Do not reuse soil that's been treated with Dr. Node's - it will stunt the growth of seedlings and young plants.

It's even EPA Approved for ornamental plants such as flower bulbs, bushes, annual and perennial flowers. (A good replacement for Superbud.)

Comes with manufacturer's 1 year warranty.

Application Rate:

Hydroponics - use 3/4 teaspoon per gallon nutrient solution
Soil - use 1-1/2 teaspoon per gallon

Hi McBudz,

I'm not familiar with Dr. Nodes products but I have used something that sounds very similar. Humboldt County's Own Bushmaster. Here's a photo of a bottle.

busmaster.jpg

I use it, and highly recommend it to anyone trying a micro grow.

Click on this link to see some pics I took (changed my name to Doobie) of the results you can get using it. BTW it only takes 1 application which lasts around 3 days.

A First Time For Everything

There are many sites that sell it but this one sells a pretty good variety of the Humboldt line of products.

Humboldt County's Own

Hope this helps.

The following info was taken directly from the site I gave the link to in my earlier post.

Plant Nutrients from Humboldt County's Own
Hid Hut is pleased to be able to offer you Humboldt County's Own plant nutrients line including Bushmaster, which is designed for short plants; Gravity, which can increase the size and weight of your flowers; and Purple Max (a.k.a. snowstorm) to bring out the brilliant colors of your plants.

The Bushmaster formula from Humboldt County's Own plant nutrients line is perfect for speeding up the transition to bloom and decreasing internode spacing. The result is bushier, more compact plants that have tighter and larger flower clusters. This plant nutrients mixture comes in four different sizes and works well in traditional soil gardens, as a hydroponic nutrients formula and as a foliar.

To add weight and size to your flowering plants, Humboldt County's Own Gravity nutrients formula is a great product to try. The kelp extract and phosphorus-based additives included in this nutrients mix can harden your flowers all around if you use it once or twice before the end of your plants' cycle.

If you would like to try out a 100% organic product in the Humboldt County's Own plant nutrients line, Purple Maxx will work well for a traditional soil garden or in any of the hydroponics systems used for growing indoors. The organic compounds it delivers to your plants will encourage them to stack flowering sites together and increase their development throughout the growing cycle.

In addition to the Humboldt County's Own plant nutrients we offer, you will also find a wide variety of other hydroponic nutrients and traditional plant nutrients brands on our website, including Bio Genesis, Bio Nova, Foxfarm, Technaflora, Botanicare, Hydrodynamics, Advanced Nutrients, Dutch Master, Earth Juice, B'cuzz, Grotek and Nature's Nectar. If you are not sure which plant nutrients are right for your indoor or outdoor garden, don't hesitate to call our customer service team to ask, we would be happy to assist you with your plant nutrients purchase in any way we can.

To learn more about the wide range of discount hydroponics supplies we carry, please check out the Categories Menu on the left-hand side of our homepage. There you will find a comprehensive list of hydroponics supplies we offer — everything from digital ballasts and grow lights to ventilation and aeration products to propagation and pest control supplies.

And remember, whatever type of products you decide to order from HidHut.com, we will ship them to you within two business days in unmarked, discrete boxes right to your door.

I've used Dr Nodes from myfirst crop, when i had 10ml left I used it on 3 out of 100 plants, and OMG 1 week later those 3 plants buds were 3 times larger than the rest.. this is the best product i have even used and seen, out of H&G, Advanced and Supernatural.
you want large yeils get this stuff, I have photos to prove

I have used plant hormones, most of us who grow do many just dont know they are. I find that understanding the 4 basic hormones that plants use , is both fun and needs to be done to grow as I do. Plant hormones are not the same as steroids for humans. There is good info available here in my brain and on this site. I need to look up dr node sounds like fun. g.a. ?

People react to the word "hormones" as if they are always something evil that will create mutations or have other negative consequences, when you are absolutely correct, plant hormones and the human steroid-type hormones aren't something you can draw direct parallels to.

BTW, the only active ingredient in Bushmaster is 1.5% sea kelp extract.

Ive used bush master in the past and it works. The sea kelp works just like one of the vitamin B hormones maybe its a new hormone available in sea kelp, they are developing so much new stuff that its no longer the just just one hormone or kelp it could be a blend or is kelp rich in plant hormones? to get plants to express phenos or mutations is the desired result. Setting Sun has it right with my brain

Ascophyllum nodosum is the ingredient in Bushmaster.

Here's some info:

"Ascophyllum nodosum is harvested for use in alginates, fertilisers and for the manufacture of seaweed meal for animal and human consumption[19]. It has long been used as an organic and mainstream fertilizer for many varieties of crops due to its combination of both macronutrient, (eg. N, P, K, Ca, Mg, S) and micronutrients (eg. Mn, Cu, Fe, Zn, etc). It also host to cytokinins, auxin-like gibberellins, betaines, mannitol, organic acids, polysaccharides, amino acids, and proteins which are all very beneficial and widely used in agriculture. [20] Ireland, Scotland and Norway have provided the world's principal alginate supply.[21][22]"

and:

"Ascophyllum nodosum – Also known as Norwegian Sea Kelp, Ascophyllum nodosum is a form of algae known for its agricultural benefits. It is full of plant hormones, and amino acids that get your baby off to the right start. It helps to stabilize chloroplasts for more efficient sugar production. It also increases amylase production which helps the plant break down its food into useable sugars. Ascophyllum nodosum contains large amounts of cytokinins which are hormones your plant already produces that tell it to stay bushy and node closer together, preparing the plant for a strong flowering phase. It is found in many available products including B-52 (a blend of Norwegian sea kelp and water soluble B-vitamins) and Roots Excelerator (which mixes Norwegian sea kelp with beneficial micro-organisms)."

I love the ocean, and kelp is a fascinating plant.

The giant kelp off the California coast can grow 20" a day(!) Now that would take a lot of LST, lol.

Ironic that kelp can be used to keep plants short and bushy ;).

Here's something else that explains auxins and cytokinins:

"There are two essential plant hormones, auxins and cytokinins. Auxins encourage apical dominance, telling your plant to shoot straight up from the tallest point. Cytokinins do just the opposite, they signal the plant to stop elongating, and to start bushing, and noding closer together. Norwegian Sea Kelp is rich in cytokinins, so wait until you are satisfied with your plant’s height before you use this one."

I grow in coco hydro currently. full sealed co2 enriched never gets fresh air over 10" growth a day when we pump it to 90deg 1500 ppm light, then 65 deg 0 ppm dark. its almost impossible to sustain you leave for 10hrs and return and super crop its nuts and expensive and fun as hell. Its been very mind blowing for us and we do lol and I shit my pants trying to keep up with more rotation than a top. Then hormones nutes mechanical. A person has to be in love nuts or both to enjoy this and Im both. and thanx again

Back
Top Bottom