Anyone using a Repeat Cycle Timer?

NACnCO

In another Thread members discussed using a repeat cycle timer on a cloning machine limiting the amount of water the roots are exposed to, encouraging the roots to grow. How many of you use a timer or do you have the cloner on 24/7? Do you use a repeat cycle timer in some other way? On some other device or purpose?

Also commonly called interval timer. Looked into making one using 555 timer chip. Very low cost component. Could drive a pond fogger without requiring a relay. A project for a rainy day.

I switched from a lp cloner to a bubbler, which produces fluffier roots with lots of laterals (fish bones). The key is to get a powerful bubbler with 4 fine stones, so you can saturate the air between surface and net pots to max root production in shortest time. Bubbler is on 24/7

Check out the CT-T digital cycle timer, I just got mine for a homemade aero unit I built. I like it way better than my old analog timer. I run it for 46 seconds on and 6 minutes off, stunning growth and my pump isn't heating up the reservoir anymore.

I run one on my cloner. I think I have it set for 12min on 10 off or something along those lines. I use it because it limits the amount of heat build up in my 5 gal cloner.

Check out the CT-T digital cycle timer, I just got mine for a homemade aero unit I built. I like it way better than my old analog timer. I run it for 46 seconds on and 6 minutes off, stunning growth and my pump isn't heating up the reservoir anymore.

Is this the one you're talking about? The analog timers are a lot easier to find. Most Grow Stores have one in stock. But they can be a pain to set. As well, the dial can easily be changed accidentally, which can be lethal. I would much prefer a digital timer. Digital timers costs a lot more. Does anyone else know of pros or cons to considers when picking a timer?

Digital Counter / Timer / Tachometer - CTT Series from AutomationDirect - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom