Anyone using Orca film?

fanleaf

Just ordered a big roll of it and the seam tape. My grow room has been flat white paint since I built it. Wondering what others think of the new Orca film? Did your grow area look different with the naked eye? Any other differences noticed?

Seems going from a 75-85% reflective white paint or even mylar (which is not light tight) and with hot spots to Orcas 95% reflective with zero hot spots may be noticeably beneficial.

Any input?

I wanted to get some of that last month, but decided that the roll - and shipping of same - was just too expensive. Then I turned around and bought a 3'x3' tent that cost almost as much as a big roll of Orca film that would have made at least two and probably three grow spaces :rolleyes: .

I read a lot about it at the time, though, and not just company ad copy. Seems like the real deal. I don't have a clue how much better it would be than a constructed room/space with perfectly prepped/primed/painted walls - but in comparison to a random generic grow tent or mylar sheets, it definitely seems to be significant in terms of measurable differences in light "where it counts."

There's a video on YouTube that I watched. Light hanging in a grow tent. Someone measured the amount of light hitting the sensor down at the floor level. While they continued to hold the sensor down there (with the device's display shown in the video), a helper reached in and just hung sheets of Orca film on each wall - and I could see the numbers on the measuring device climb as each sheet was attached, lol.

I wanted to get some of that last month, but decided that the roll - and shipping of same - was just too expensive. Then I turned around and bought a 3'x3' tent that cost almost as much as a big roll of Orca film that would have made at least two and probably three grow spaces :rolleyes: .

I read a lot about it at the time, though, and not just company ad copy. Seems like the real deal. I don't have a clue how much better it would be than a constructed room/space with perfectly prepped/primed/painted walls - but in comparison to a random generic grow tent or mylar sheets, it definitely seems to be significant in terms of measurable differences in light "where it counts."

There's a video on YouTube that I watched. Light hanging in a grow tent. Someone measured the amount of light hitting the sensor down at the floor level. While they continued to hold the sensor down there (with the device's display shown in the video), a helper reached in and just hung sheets of Orca film on each wall - and I could see the numbers on the measuring device climb as each sheet was attached, lol.
Thanks, I'm going to go find and watch that right now!

Back
Top Bottom