Foil anyone?

sleepy1love1

Hey there community...So we are thinking about building a 4'h x 4'w x 2'd box for 2 momma plants that we want to grow. We have decided on building walls of plywood and are trying to decide how to make the walls reflective. My husband is thinking foil...I just read on another post that the foil can cause hot spots and burn the plant. Is this true? I am also a bit worried about the ventilation...it shouldnt get too hot, we will be using a 250w full spectrum light for the vegging. And what about white paint on the walls? Is there a white paint that is better then, or more reflective, than others? I guess we are just looking for advice. Anything helps!

By the way...I just have to say to everyone...I LOVE TO GROW POT! :cheer:

If you love to grow pot then i think you've come to the right place :p

I would stay away from the foil for the reasons you mentioned. Flat white paint would work fine just try not to get a gloss as i think they create hotspots too. There are also many white plastic sheets out there that would work great most hardware stores have these and then you can staple to walls.

Your going to need to ventilate your box as it'll probably heat up a lot due to small size and air circulation is critical for plant metabolism. I'd recommend an exhaust fan at the top and at least an entry port near the bottom of box for cool air to come in or another small fan to blow air in. Try and seal the box too this makes it easier for exhaust fan to draw air up from your vent at the bottom...

Hope this helps and good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom