Are these girls?

420NLguy

My first grow, so not real sure about what I am seeing. But it sure looks like two hairs on all 3 plants.

Stem length is about 12-13" (after LST).
6 days to show 1st cotyledon
56 days in veg
Lights are 18/6

Can anyone tell me if these are girls, and if it is time to start flowering?

All 3 plants:
Day_60_-_All.jpg

Close-up of #1:
Day_61_-_1.jpg

==== SPECS =====
Strain: Northern Lights (hybrid)
# of plants: 3
Grow type: Soil (Black Earth)
Stage: Veg (6 days to 1st cotyledon + 56 days since then)
Pot size: 6" dia (1 gal)
Lights: (1) 26W 6400K CFL per plant
Nutrients: Miracle Gro All Purpose (100% per 15 days, 5% otherwise)
pH: 6.5 to 7.0
RH: 60%
Ambient temp: 28C
Room size: 3' x 4' x 6' (closet)
Pests - None

Those are normal on both male and female plants... I got pretty excited when I saw them on my plants too. I switched mine to 12/12 a couple weeks ago and forced them into showing sex which took 8 days.
Nice looking plants though, I think I will try some NL next time, where did you get the seeds?

Yes both sexes have those. The two hairs you’re looking for will be in the same area but will be thinner and whitish.

You may flower at any time, just plan on them doubling or even tripling in size.

Thanks for the info. I got pretty excited, thinking I had 3 of 3 girls. Oh well.

I will start flowering in a day or two. I think they are ready, but I don't see alternating nodes yet. But I heard that some strains never show it.

I got the seeds from weed seeds https://www.weed-seeds.netHighly recommended. They really know how to ship stealth. I got them sent to the US, then forwarded to Panama without a problem. They come from Holland, but it looks like they are sent from the UK (much better to pass US Customs). Paid $33 total (with s/h) for 10 NL seeds. They included 5 free seeds, but I did not know the strain. The free seeds germinated fine, but never grew. Maybe it was me.

Those are normal on both male and female plants... I got pretty excited when I saw them on my plants too. I switched mine to 12/12 a couple weeks ago and forced them into showing sex which took 8 days.
Nice looking plants though, I think I will try some NL next time, where did you get the seeds?

Hahaha -- thanks for the great explanation!

That's pretty much how I was starting to think about it too. But it's been 12 days into flowering now, yet I don't notice any sex yet. But then maybe it's because I've never seen some hot young pot-pussy up close before. :biglaugh:

Ok, so here's how I explain to people about the "sexing" of the plants.

MALES : We have a dick..so the male plants will show you a "shaft" with a "head" on it, hence growing a dick.

FEMALES : Picture a beautiful girls pussy. Its fluffy n sweet, with maybe a landing strip or so, I dunno. So you'll have the "pussy" with 2 "pubes" coming out of it.

We blow a fat load in a chick and what happens? She's usually pregnant. Same with the plants, the dicks grow and grow and grow until BOOM!!! It blows a fat load all over the bitches, the "jizz" (pollen) gets all over the "pubes" of the plant and slide down into the "pussy", therefore pollenating it....lol..might sound kinda wierd, but EVERYONE i explain it to NEVER has another question about sex and simple breeding....

Is this a male? I THINK I see balls.

Day_75-_4-male.jpg

Is this a female? I THINK I see pistils, but not sure. This is my 1st grow.

Day_75-_1_closer.jpg

It's hard for me to get a good photo that's in focus.

I have another question: Is there any advantage to moving the male to a separate closet and letting it flower?

So far, I moved the suspected male to its own closet and letting it flower to see what happens. But I don't know if there is any benefit to that.

I just hate to throw out a plant that is growing so nice. But if I have to kill the male, so be it.

OK, thanks. I'll try to be careful. Good info.

But I wanted to first and foremost know if I am working with a male or not. Can you tell if that 1st photo is a male?

It's hard for me to get a good photo that's in focus, but I thought maybe you could see some telltale signs. I only THINK it's a male, so I moved it, just in case. I can always move it back it I'm wrong.

420NLGUY- If you do choose to move the male and flower him for seeds, MAKE SURE that you have it enclosed AND AWAY from the females. Sometimes you can have the male upstairs, and the female in the basement, and STILL have the female pollinated. Pollen is microscopic and can stick to your clothes, your shoes, your hair, shit, it can even wedge under your fingernails. SO, with that said, please be carefull when working from male room to female room, as to not pollinate. I treat it like a meth lab clean up, surgical n shit, and I have success every time. Good luck!

Thanks for that. Great photo.

I just took more photos and getting the hang of getting better closeup shots.

I think this one is a female:
Day_83-_2-closeup.jpg

I think this one is a male:
Day_83-_4-closeup-top.jpg

Can you confirm?

I also have a question: Do males make smokeable buds?

Yea I woulda taken that male out a long time ago, his balls are huge!!! Haha, the female is nice looking though. Good job man!!!

Back
Top Bottom