Are they locked out? pH 6.5 came out 5.6

I just read the article you referenced and come away even more concerned than I was when I decided to respond to this thread. First, carefully read that article and note that first of all, that website immediately throws up disclaimers and makes it clear that they didn't write the article, it comes from outside sources.
Second... I could find zero references to soil in that article. It spoke over and over again about your reservoir, as in a hydro based grow... the article is NOT valid for a soil grow. Good thing you have found your way to 420Mag, where we actually stand by what we say.

Well I am running soil and I am running 6.5. And I didn’t run nutes I ran ro water and calmag at 200ppm.
Oh am I’m checking Pom of runoff. Well that because top members told me too and all info I found says too. And to check ph of slurry runoff. So now you perplexed like I am lol
I am starting to think that you are growing in a peat moss and/or coco mix and considering it to be soil. I have seen many threads where people think that those are mineral soils when they are not. Nor can they be treated like they are and still get good results without experiencing one or more problems.

I have the feeling that you got good advice from several members but one was talking about mineral soil and another was talking about a water method such as deep water culture and another maybe talking about using a peat moss and coco coir mix. If so it is a possibility that you are picking from each method and trying to use them all for your growing. Been there myself until I realized that a lot of people were just assuming that everyone reading their message would know what method they were using.

And, yes, you are running nutrients (what you call nutes). You mentioned it in several msgs. Most people will consider anything added to the water that helps the plant grow to be running nutrients. It does not matter if it is cal/mag supplement or "sensi bloom 4ml per liter as I always have at that stage. I split that in two and feed twice a week".

Have a fun day.

...... Clearly you are not giving enough food. You have big plants now, with big and ever increasing needs, yet you are still locked into this idea of giving half strength nutes, when you are already alternating nutes with plain water as you should in soil. Think about this for a second... you give half strength nutes one time and then follow up with water the next time, at most letting your plants see 1/4 strength nutes in the soil on that second pass. The water/nutes/water/nutes method of watering soil is already designed to give you half strength nutes on that water only pass... but your advisors now have you giving way less than that... so of course your plants are starving.
I think that you are talking about msg #10. It reads as if the 4 ml was added to a liter of water and then half of the mix given one day and then the other half several days later. Doing that could cause the problem where the plants look like they are not getting enough of the nutrient(s) they need at that stage of growth.

First it is soil. Ocean forest!
Second if I was using 1 liter of water I would mix 2ml and feed whole liter and do that twice a week. That would be half. Strength. Please look at my pics it is consuming itself. I have given these plants good dose. I mixed 4 gallons of water with 32 ml nutrients.
Full dose for 4 gallons is 64 ml weekly.
So I give 32 ml per 4 gallons twice a week?
Am I doing something wrong. This is third grow and never seen plants do this!

That was not directed to you. It was suppose to be pm to someone.

And still two days and no answer on what to do I included pics. Do I flush,do I nute?
I’m gonna listen to you and what do you recommend ?

Not one person on this thread is arguing

We all agree 100% with Emily's posts

She can write books at times on her replies, but 89% of it is perfect info, so re read her posts

The other 11% usually is sarcasm and her humor...so most is good info...lol

I think, for new people, the key is finding members here others respect as GOOD advisers, then you can take their advice when needed

For soil... Emily's fantastic with the challenges of it

Id listen to her, but that's me, you need to make your own choices for sure

Ok I did not see your recommendation until now. I did a heavy flush last night night so I’m gonna wait another day and feed or should I just do it now
At the risk of sounding repetitive... feed now, feed full strength, and stop worrying about runoff, ec or ppms. Now that you have a good flush out of the way and you know you do not have any salt lockup going on, try adjusting your pH to 6.3 a couple of times to pick up the low end of the range. You really don't have a problem other than having so much conflicting advice coming at you all at once that you don't know what to do. You don't need us... Read your plants... yellowing starting at the bottom and progressively working its way up the trunk is a clear sign of a major nutrient deficiency. Since you are feeding at a reduced rate, logic alone should tell you what the most likely problem is... you need to feed at a stronger rate.

There is a good playlist named "Troubleshooting Cannabis Plants Health".
It includes 17 videos and almost every ordinary problem you already had or will in future.
Highly recommend it.

If you watch the video I posted below you will understand what is "mobile" and "Im mobile" it is very good way for determination a problem if you understand it correctly.
Also the video includes your problem "Starts at: 1:17" which is I think Nitrogen defiency but I'm not expert, you should take Emilya's advices.

It is also normal to have yellowing leaves as it approaches the end cause plant needs more Nitrogen and uses from lower fan leaves because plant thinks "what the hell, I'm going to die soon, eat dessert first."

But I'm sure of that, your problem absolutely not lockout because lockout mostly appears with overfeeding and it brings burnt at tips and believe me it is much worse! And looks something like this;

20190901_195605.jpg

@Emilya

It's maybe out of topic but I want to ask a question.

I had overfeeding problem and I flushed 2 days ago and I didn't feed after that.
When we should feed a plant after nutrient burnt?

@Emilya

It's maybe out of topic but I want to ask a question.

I had overfeeding problem and I flushed 2 days ago and I didn't feed after that.
When we should feed a plant after nutrient burnt?
I would feed correctly in the normal cycle after the water from the flush is used up. It also depends on if we are talking about a little burn or a complete toxicity problem... the first is not a crisis, and the later probably could use an extra cycle without nutes.

I would feed correctly in the normal cycle after the water from the flush is used up. It also depends on if we are talking about a little burn or a complete toxicity problem... the first is not a crisis, and the later probably could use an extra cycle without nutes.

I guess it's toxicity. My friend feeded very often 1 month long and using 5 times more nutrients than normal. When I arrived there 1 plant was already dying and flush didn't save it. (pic below)

20190901_195721.jpg

I immediately flushed as soon as I saw it but the flush dissolved other unsolved nutes in the soil and it created more burnts in healthy pots too also I saw very dry fan leaves and after that I flushed again and now they seems in recovery process. So I guess it is toxicity and I guess I couldn't save the plant because roots were already had big damage and flush didn't make any differences.

These are from alive plants which they got more damage after flush.

20190913_185631.jpg

20190813_102300.jpg

20190813_102306.jpg

20190919_140640.jpg

20190919_140654.jpg

20190919_140721.jpg

20190919_140731.jpg

I guess it's toxicity. My friend feeded very often 1 month long and using 5 times more nutrients than normal. When I arrived there 1 plant was already dying and flush didn't save it. (pic below)

20190901_195721.jpg

I immediately flushed as soon as I saw it but the flush dissolved other unsolved nutes in the soil and it created more burnts in healthy pots too also I saw very dry fan leaves and after that I flushed again and now they seems in recovery process. So I guess it is toxicity and I guess I couldn't save the plant because roots were already had big damage and flush didn't make any differences.

These are from living plants which they got more damage after flush.

20190913_185631.jpg

20190813_102300.jpg

20190813_102306.jpg
wow... what an intense lesson in what not to do! I think you were right on track with the double flushing, trying to get it all out of there.... but as you said, sometimes the damage is just too intense... and always there are consequences in final product. Good luck in the rest of the recovery.

wow... what an intense lesson in what not to do! I think you were right on track with the double flushing, trying to get it all out of there.... but as you said, sometimes the damage is just too intense... and always there are consequences in final product. Good luck in the rest of the recovery.

Thank you. So in the end I'm thinking to wait about 1 week or more and than I will return to normal feeding schedule.

Ok my plan. Water feed water feed. If at each feeding I give 4ml per liter is that to much twice a week I was under impression to split that if twice a week to 2ml a liter.
Or is there a better schedule?
Sorry after this I’m nervous and wanna correct any errors. Lol

Ok my plan. Water feed water feed. If at each feeding I give 4ml per liter is that to much twice a week I was under impression to split that if twice a week to 2ml a liter.
Or is there a better schedule?
Sorry after this I’m nervous and wanna correct any errors. Lol

what you have been doing and believing was correct, turned out to be insufficient. Do not split it... give the full 4ml each time you feed and I think you will have this. Remember, that when you give plain water inbetween, that is the same thing as diluting the original dosage like you have been doing...

Back
Top Bottom