Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

This is my first attempt at a scrog so looking for some advice.
Strain: blimburns sour diesel
Medium: coco coir in a 7gal fabric pot
Nutes: GH 2 part/Cali magic. 2 full doses a day
4'x4'x6.5' tent with 1000w hps
420-magazine-mobile350608709.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1467386814.jpg
any advice or criticism is welcome. Not sure how much longer I should veg for an I do plan on a big trim/defol a week or 2 before the flip.

Much better chart than I've seen, thanks! I had a hunch it was Potassium and it really looks very similar to that chart.

But I had the same thought about Iron and stuff a couple weeks ago and tried lowering the pH to about 6.3 and that's when things started looking even worse. The only leaves that it's yellowing from petiole to tip like iron does is on the very top growths, but the rest look like Potassium.

It's probably multiple deficiencies, which would indicate a nutrient lockout, but it's been flushed several different times and still persists.

It sounds a lot like how Jorge describes the progression of Potassium too, especially with the way that last leaf pic of mine is all curled up.
JorgesBook.jpg

But I just can't figure out why it's blocked out. I gave it a pretty stiff dose of Meta-K
Looks very similar to what I'm going through. I'm right at the end and not sure what to do. I feel I have a week or so left but maybe I need to take her down. Mine is a clone as well.
420-magazine-mobile884451941.jpg

Another question or two about air intake and light baffle.

My grow box is 4' by 2' by 6' = 96 cu ft

Question 1: How often should the air be replaced in a grow box? I have heard 1 minute, 3 minutes, five minutes. Which is it?

Question 2: How much will a typical Phresh air filter slow down the CFM of a fan? 10%, 30%????

If I use 3 minutes air exchange, then fan would need to run at 96/3 = 32 CFM.
If the filter inhibits 30%, then I'd need maybe 40 - 45 CFM.

My problem is that the fans with the lower CFM rating all seem to be pretty noisy. And, I'm not sure if they will run with a fan speed controller.

One of the better fans I've seen is a 6" and runs at 250CFM. I'm not sure if a fan speed controller will dial it down to 45 CFM.

Question 3: If my exhaust port is 6", how big should my passive intake port(s) be?

Thanks for your help.

Another question or two about air intake and light baffle.

My grow box is 4' by 2' by 6' = 96 cu ft

Question 1: How often should the air be replaced in a grow box? I have heard 1 minute, 3 minutes, five minutes. Which is it?

Question 2: How much will a typical Phresh air filter slow down the CFM of a fan? 10%, 30%????

If I use 3 minutes air exchange, then fan would need to run at 96/3 = 32 CFM.
If the filter inhibits 30%, then I'd need maybe 40 - 45 CFM.

My problem is that the fans with the lower CFM rating all seem to be pretty noisy. And, I'm not sure if they will run with a fan speed controller.

One of the better fans I've seen is a 6" and runs at 250CFM. I'm not sure if a fan speed controller will dial it down to 45 CFM.

Question 3: If my exhaust port is 6", how big should my passive intake port(s) be?

Thanks for your help.
Math isn't my strong suit but i can tell you about my experience, i have a 3ftx2ftx5ft grow cabinet with 2 passive air intakes about 1ftx1/2ft, i bought a 65cfm 4in booster fan for exhaust and it couldn't keep the heat down so i added a 6in 240 cfm to the mix and its perfect, the temp stays at a constant 77°F. I'm new so im just learning as i go along but that's my experience on this subject, good luck and happy growing!

this looks and reads like normal fade at the end of the flowerstage ...

pt
Thank you. That's encouraging. This plant has been through a little more stress then it's mama plant. I discovered 3 didn't work to well in a bathtub. They outgrew it and this one came out so it got climbed over and under to get to the other two for several weeks. Maybe she is gonna make it.

Do you guys think I'm going to have a problem when I switch to flower this Friday? Do you think there's going to be enough room just transplanted to 7 gallon smart pots.

It looks like you got 6 well vegged plants smashed in there. Three weeks into Bloom and it will get quite chaotic with all of the branches shooting for the light. There will be a lot of competition for the best real estate. I suggest taking the smallest 2 out and putting them back into veg or find a nice secluded patch of woods for a great outdoor grow (if you live in the northern hemisphere).

It looks like you got 6 well vegged plants smashed in there. Three weeks into Bloom and it will get quite chaotic with all of the branches shooting for the light. There will be a lot of competition for the best real estate. I suggest taking the smallest 2 out and putting them back into veg or find a nice secluded patch of woods for a great outdoor grow (if you live in the northern hemisphere).
I do indeed have 6 plants in a 48x48x80 tent. So it will be to much like I was thinking. I also have a 24x48x60 tent should I put 1 or 2 plants in it to flower?

My blue dream x blueberry haze all ready to give some love back...not the best trimmer YET! But that's ok cuz it's just for me, myself and I!
Guess I'll share a hit or two
420-magazine-mobile522685617.jpg

I do indeed have 6 plants in a 48x48x80 tent. So it will be to much like I was thinking. I also have a 24x48x60 tent should I put 1 or 2 plants in it to flower?

It's really difficult for me to tell from a single pic, but assuming you topped each a few times, plus side branching, understand that each plant will near double in size in bloom, I honestly think 2 of your sized plants for the space you have will be too much canopy to manage. I think 2 would be pushing the envelope. 4 would be a nightmare and 6 would be damn near impossible. Think about like this, 1 plant will grow to twice it's size, but now it has twice as much surface area to constantly sweat from, so RH is going to climb. If you then couple that with buds smashing against other buds like tweeners at a Justin Bieber concert (front row), all the extra humidity in the room will almost certainly make the lot of your buds in the end moldy. Not to mention that you'll want to defoliate after about a month, maybe some more trimming etc etc, but with no room to work, that will get quite difficult.

I never got into SoG, but I'm fairly confident that method generally involves a very brief veg period of about 3 weeks from seed before sending multiple plants to bloom. Looking at your plants, I see no less than 6 weeks of veg. I'm working with about the same spaces as you. My veg closet is slightly bigger than yours, but bloom room is slightly smaller than yours (3'6" x 3'6"). Except I have 2 of those 3.5x3.5 rooms to bloom. I veg for about 10 weeks per plant and send just 1 plant into bloom. If I could make one wish, it would be to have roughly 5'x5' for each plant to bloom. With good techniques in veg and a few extra weeks, I can get 1 dried pound per plant no question.

Long story short, 1 plant in your tent, you'll have an awesome grow, 2 plants you may be pushing the envelope, but you still may come out with an even better yield, but the risk is heightened. 3 plants or more, I can't predict anything but failure.

ok i have a question does this look like normal leaf dieng off im starting week 8 so i think i have 1 to 2 weeks to go on this blue dream water run off 6.5 in soil feeding earth juice bloom. i think im running my mars pro 320 to close at 19 inches from middel bud.
20170411_103846.jpg
20170411_103831.jpg
20170411_103824.jpg

Back
Top Bottom