Atlanta and Athens have NOT been forgotten!

gaNORML

My name is John Hill. In January 2008, I headed the formation of Georgia's only NORML chapter as a student group at UGA. Located in Athens, GA, we are continually gathering signatures on Proposition 42 to decriminalize 7grams for personal possession. If 18 or older, you would face a $100 civil fine and no jail time or criminal history.

There are some people who think Georgia is not at the forefront of marijuana law reform and that we can't make it happen. To them I say, watch us. It won't happen overnight; it'll probably be 2010 before we get our proposal on the ballot. If you want it quicker than that, here's how you can help.

I want to put together a State-Wide Petition for an ounce or less to be a $100 civil fine with no criminal record. If we get 7 college campuses to gather 5,000 GA Voter signatures each, we'll be well primed to get it on the ballot for a vote.

We've had people talk about starting other NORMLs and MPPs and SSDPs, but no one follows through.

If you want this quick, be the one to start a club in your town and commit to getting these signatures with us.

If you expect me to do this while you complain on an internet forum, then it's going to be a few years.

-John Hill
GA NORML @ UGA
Founder 2008
Georgia NORML

:peace:

From one Ga use to another, thanks for moving us forward!!! Let me know if there is anything happening in metro Atlanta.

Back
Top Bottom