Atlanta Ga has been forgotten

Thanks again for everything jimbo!
No, I didn't email john, I emailed the people from NORML that they provided on their website to start a new chapter. I didn't really think about emailing john but that sounds like a good idea too.

Be sure to encourage him to come to 420 Magazine and be a part of our discussions when you do :smokin:

Which school are you wanting to start one up in?...if you don't mind me asking.

Dont have to tell me twice :p lol

Wow. Thanks for that! I knew felt that our ,GA, congressmen weren't listening but I never realized that there was a 40% gap!!!
I must have never seen your question about which school or something, sorry I didn't answer sooner but I'm planning on starting it at Georgia College & State University.

The police department had estimated that in 1994 at least half of the Pot Festival attendees openly smoked marijuana in blatant defiance of the law and therefore said:
n the opinion of police officials monitoring this event, any attempt to
enforce the law on such an occasion would require unusually large numbers of police officers and would be
likely to provoke a civil disturbance."

This is dumb. I'm originally from Daytona Beach. I lived on beachside near the happening part of town, and saw countless amount of people openly smokin weed during BCR (Black College Reunion), and the cops don't do anything about it. I say it's horse(poop) and that's just an excuse.

This is dumb. I'm originally from Daytona Beach. I lived on beachside near the happening part of town, and saw countless amount of people openly smokin weed during BCR (Black College Reunion), and the cops don't do anything about it. I say it's horse(poop) and that's just an excuse.

Absolutely! Here in Georgia, it seems like all our elected officials are against marijuana and that just gives them an easy excuse to end a gathering of users.

^^^ That makes me really curious as to what they are sooooooo afraid of. God forbid someone smokes a blunt/joint and chills out listening to music or laughing with friends.

Weed also make you think...I believe that's what they are afraid of. Most non-smokers are unaware of the injustices being done by our government through their "war on drugs." Smokers usually quickly become aware that marijuana is not a deadly menace to society so when they realize that the gov has been lieing about this, they start to wonder what else we've been lied to about.
Just my 2cents about that:grinjoint:

^^^ That makes me really curious as to what they are sooooooo afraid of. God forbid someone smokes a blunt/joint and chills out listening to music or laughing with friends.

In this neck of the woods, they are so adamantly against pot smokers, that they will stop at no end to banish anything that has to do with cannabis.

They are so strongly in support of prohibition, that They will even fight our right to assemble.

I hate to say this, but we need to start having marches without the joints hanging out of our mouths, in an orderly fashion.

I think there should be rallies where we bring in speakers to drive home the message.

We should not be focused on a big pot smoking festival, but more of a cannabis legislation support role.

I'd say, do your smoking before you go, and show support at the function.

Every Georgian here, needs to write to every reform group they can and try to persuade them to start focusing some efforts here in the South East, and ask them to try to schedule marches and rallies here, like they are doing in other major cities.

Atlanta's Centennial Park would be a perfect place to hold such a congregation.

We need the message driven home here, in a big way...I'm tired of being left out here in GA!!!

^^^ YES! I would strongly support a march. I agree. Smoke before you leave. It would be nice to show America just how many people support MJ. In addition, it would also lure out the people smokin MJ who are afraid to come out... LOL It could be a "coming out of the closet event" for MJ smokers.

^^^ YES! I would strongly support a march. I agree. Smoke before you leave. It would be nice to show America just how many people support MJ. In addition, it would also lure out the people smokin MJ who are afraid to come out... LOL It could be a "coming out of the closet event" for MJ smokers.

I've been writing my local NORML chapter requesting them to sponsor such events, but so far, they have not seemed interested.

I am going to write him again next week, as well as all the reform groups and see if one of them wants to have a march or a gathering of some sort here in the ATL to push legislation...anyone else interested, should do the same thing :smokin:

It would be a long time coming! :grinjoint:

I swear, these people really have no clue about what they are talking about...all they do is pass along what they are being told by the drug czars office....totally brain washed!!!

From; Saxby Chambliss

Dear Mr. (NAME) "Jimbo" :
Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding legalizing marijuana. I appreciate hearing from you.

According to research by the National Institute on Drug Abuse, marijuana use has negative effects on the cardiovascular system, the lungs, the brain, and even social behavior. The main active chemical in marijuana is THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol). Scientists have learned a great deal about how THC acts in the brain to produce its many effects.

When someone smokes marijuana, THC rapidly passes from the lungs into the bloodstream, which carries the chemical to organs throughout the body, including the brain. Studies have indicated that a user's risk of heart attack more than quadruples in the first hour after smoking marijuana. Marijuana use also has the potential to promote cancer of the lungs and other parts of the respiratory tract because it contains irritants and carcinogens.

In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50 to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke. Furthermore, marijuana use has also been linked to social disorders such as depression, anxiety, and personality disturbances.

At a time when illegal drug use is a major problem for many Americans, legalizing marijuana would send the wrong message to young people across our nation that marijuana is not harmful. I do not believe marijuana should be legalized.

When someone smokes marijuana, THC rapidly passes from the lungs into the bloodstream, which carries the chemical to organs throughout the body, including the brain. Studies have indicated that a user's risk of heart attack more than quadruples in the first hour after smoking marijuana. Marijuana use also has the potential to promote cancer of the lungs and other parts of the respiratory tract because it contains irritants and carcinogens.
Who's having heart attacks from MJ? Furthermore, They have no problems selling tobacco and alcohol, that do 10 times the irreparable damage to the body. Who are they kidding?

In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50 to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke. Furthermore, marijuana use has also been linked to social disorders such as depression, anxiety, and personality disturbances.
That's bullshit too, There is no way that MJ is more toxic than cigarette's, with all the extra chemicals added to them.

Cannabis has actually been proven to be non-toxic. Also, cannabis is actually an excellent med for people who suffer from depression and anxiety...

In fact, without my meds, I have depression and anxiety issues myself, and it's not from smoking it, but the other way around, where without it, my symptoms flair up.

These people make me sick, and I want them out of office, PRONTO!!!

Who's having heart attacks from MJ? Furthermore, They have no problems selling tobacco and alcohol, that do 10 times the irreparable damage to the body. Who are they kidding?

That's exactly what I was thinking... I've never heard of that before. I understand that marijuana does increase heart rate, but never heard of it causing heart attacks. LOL yeah... Cigarettes must be much better for us than marijuana... LOL Why smoke something that grows naturally when you can smoke something with 599 additives in it? Geeez.

That's bullshit too, There is no way that MJ is more toxic than cigarette's, with all the extra chemicals added to them.

So far I have found none that hold any interest in reform what so ever...I have been writing these people for months, and usually I don't even get this much of a response.

What I want to know is...wherez all my peoplez, here in the peach? I can't do this alone...where's the love, GA?

"You say you wanna revolution, we all wanna change the world?"

Ltz-do-dis!!!

Cannabis has actually been proven to be non-toxic. Also, cannabis is actually an excellent med for people who suffer from depression and anxiety...

In fact, without my meds, I have depression and anxiety issues myself, and it's not from smoking it, but the other way around, where without it, my symptoms flair up.

These people make me sick, and I want them out of office, PRONTO!!!

I'm with you there. I would rather smoke than take medication made of god knows what for my anxiety.

So, these people... are they permanent fixtures, or will you have a chance to vote for someone else to be in office?

Haven't been over to ATL in a while. Nice place to do a "waltz across Georgia." Around here? Hell, it'd be...nothing. Small town somewhat akin to Peyton Place on thor*zine with a val*um chaser, inhabited by good ol' boys and self-rejuvenating virgins. ( Believe me, I'd walk, but here? I'm definately the exception to the rule.):peace:

BTW. The anxiety deal? Much better to take a hit and deal than the Prozac I take to keep from killing the folks I work with inside of a six-story hand grenade on thirteen hour plus shifts.

Need to get this thread over to the new action area :) May get some more people from GA in there.

BTW trash, one of the reasons I didn't get my disability is I refused to tell them that I may seriously injure or kill someone if I get a real job. I was afraid they would lock me up. I would much rather be home, I am no danger to my family, but if they put me in a hospital again, someone could get hurt,and I could go to real jail :)

As it was, when I self admitted last year for a med check and they told me I couldnt go to another facility that would allow me to smoke cigs, i ripped down thier newly installed "Unbreakable door". they were gonna charge me for it, until they found out that I took every precaution to warn them, and they illegally held me there, even after telling them I would allow them to transport me to another place.. crazy story... Then they paid for the $23,000 8 day stay. $850 of the bill was for nicotine patches and gum...... Now you know why they dont let you smoke in the phsyc wards.

1 carton of smokes in PA $43.00, 8 days of patches $850.00. Go figure. /end rant

Hell Boss, I'd have to have my cigarettes even if I were in a psych suit. Where I work we're not allowed to smoke in the building but we do anyway. High stress, very dangerous place, and I don't go in after I've burned one. Entirely too dangerous there for that. But 43 bucks for a carton? Thought it was bad here. :p
:peace:

I have asked the only NORML rep in GA about it, and they seem to only want donations, but have no ambition to make a change...it's very disheartening and frustrating!

I don't see any signs of change here, and I doubt seriously there will ever be, unless people stop burning one another and come together. There's just too much hate here!!!

Jimbo,
As the founder and former president of GA's only NORML chapter, I was excited to hear of your interest in our group when we first spoke. Sadly, I am appaled at your accusations on this forum that we "seem to only want donations" and that we have "no ambition to make a change".

When I talked to you a few months back, the group had no fundraisers and asked for no money. I was paying for everything out of my pocket and expected nothing in return. Given my time and my money invested, I am personally offended at your false accusations.

In fact, we just started our first fundraiser on October 14th, 2008 by selling T-Shirts designed by one of our students.

I understand you're anxious for change and fed up with the current laws, but for being on our side, your pessimistic remarks degrade the integrity and morale of our team.

Saying we're not trying is inaccurate. No more lies please.

What town are you in? I would love to help you start a NORML chapter there. And you are definately welcome to come walk around door-to-door with us to get signatures for Prop42 (decriminalize 7grams in Athens).

Sincerely,
John Hill
GA NORML at UGA
2008 Founder
Georgia NORML
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom