Attorney: Medical-pot Patient Didn't Have Too Much

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
BOULDER, Colo. — A Louisville medical marijuana patient arrested last year on suspicion of possessing 17 times more marijuana than is legally allowed did not break the law by having too much medication, his defense attorney told a panel of 12 jurors this morning during opening statements in Jason Lauve’s trial.

Although police found stems and leaves and evidence of a marijuana grow inside Lauve’s Louisville home on June 26, 2008, defense attorney Rob Corry said Lauve was an amateur at cultivating medical marijuana and wasn’t able to glean much medicine from his failed grow.

“Not a single witness called by the prosecution or the defense will say that Jason Lauve, from a medical perspective, had too much marijuana,” Corry said.

Lauve, 38, faces a felony marijuana possession charge after police found more than 30 marijuana plants and other forms of the drug in his home.

Prosecutor Karen Lorenz, during opening statements today, said Lauve told police on the day they searched his home that he did not have permission from a doctor to have more marijuana than is legally allowed: 2 ounces and six plants.

Lauve also told police “he was trying to learn what he was capable of and considering spreading out,” Lorenz said.

Regardless of what Lauve was trying to do or why he was trying to grow so much, Lorenz said the facts of the case show that Lauve had an amount of marijuana “far in excess of what is permitted by Colorado law.”

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: DailyCamera.com
Author: Vanessa Miller
Copyright: 2009 The E.W. Scripps Co.
Website: Attorney: Medical-pot patient didn't have too much : County News : Boulder Daily Camera

god, why is there such an issue with amounts? let the man have his plant. Let the man have his medicine. Let the man have a hobby and learn how to make the best use of his abilities.

I want to do some breeding too. I started some seeds the same day I sent in the forms for my card. I need a very strong strain to kill the pain. I may have to try a few different varieties to get the right match. I can understand his wanting to experiment. I agree , leave the guy alone to work this out himself.

I still prefer Washington's law out of all the laws in different states. It allows 15 plants and 24 ounces for a 2 month supply. But you can also grow more if you need more to control your medical condition.

Back
Top Bottom