Auto-Flowering White Widow Lowlife Under CFL'S New to Growing

smokey1507

:welcome: Everybody !!

Let me start by explaining my 1st grow in my closet !

im using 3x cfl's for lights
1x auto flowering fem white widow
a pc fan ( on its way)
bio bizz - grow
bio bizz - bloom

I have never grown any TYPE of plant before so im sure i will do something wrong along the way lol, i have done some research online but my brain gets fried with all the info out there :hmmmm: so i might need some help along the way, im on a very tight budget so i will just hope for the best :)

Pics are on the way so any info and tips would be much appreciated :)

Re: Auto-flowering white widow lowlife under CFL'S new to growing.

Photo00551.jpg

Photo00602.jpg
under view of lights. i put the household light in there for abit of heat

Photo0056.jpg
not fully open yet hope things look normal any tips will be great :420:

Lights are on a 18/6 duration is that ok for auto's?? what about nutes i have bio bizz grow.. when should i start feeding ? is the light setup ok or do i need more/less Any tips and comments would be brill :)

:helpsmilie:

Its day 4 and the stem is looking strong-ish but my concern is that the seed case has not really opened up yet i know its early days but just thought id ask for any tips :) pic's to follow later on today.

Any idea's for a name? :420:

Photo00651.jpg
just switched to dark for 6 hrs + fed (water) just a little concern i noticed that the top soil was very dry but underneath the soil was damp is that a sign that my lights are too close?? Any tips guys would be great.

when do i start on the bio bizz grow?

:reading420magazine:

its my first grow need help + reward with points :)

Lights are on a 18/6 duration is that ok for auto's?? what about nutes i have bio bizz grow.. when should i start feeding ? is the light setup ok or do i need more/less Any tips and comments would be brill :)

Nutes are not need until about 3 weeks and even then usually 1/4 or 1/2 the recommended. Before that you have a risk of killing your plant all together with nute burn.

lights are ok to sprout but you will need to add more as you grow.. CFL's should be apx 3 inches away from plant.. that should generate enough heat to keep her warm. throwing in a small fan to regulate temps is wise as it also strengthens the stems. the sweet spot is apx 78 degrees.

Make sure you are using 6500K CFL's ( daylight ) They are needed for veg stage. anything outside of that will not likely produce optimal grow.

IM also growing white widow atm.. ill keep an eye on your grow

Good luck

Hey smokey, you definately want to hold off on the feeding for about another week. Wait until you have two FULL sets of leaves. Then start with HALF of what your feeding schedule calls for. If you give it the full blast right off the bat, your going to burn the hell out of em. As for your light schedule, keep it at 16-8 through the veg phase, and switch to 12-12 when your buddy is about 18" tall. You coujld even use another CFL or two it certainly wouldnt hurt anything. Good luck to ya

Thanks very much on the replies... :)

i have 1x 6400k(daylight) 1x 4200k and i just put 1x 60 watt light bulb in for heat.

i have searched everywhere for a 6500k but cant find one in northern ireland (shop owners look at you funny if u start talking bout light spectrums)... i was in two minds just to buy a enviro grow lights but due to being on a budget i cant get 1 :( im not looking to grow a forest lol just personal, would 2 more 6400k be enough to get it through the veg stage??

Thanks for the info about nutes knowing me i probably would have started feeding them already lol

lots of thanks to.. MJGenius + MadMardo

6400k is right on. You should be good for 3-4 weeks with your lights. Your biggest change will be when you u start to flower. CFL's have a hard time penetrating durning flower so you usually need more and even then they are not optimal for flower but will get the job done. That might give you enough time to save your pennies if you need to upgrade some equipment when time comes to flower.

2700k Lights will be needed to flower if you are going the CFL route.

I used 5 6500K per plant and they turned out great durning veg stage.

hope this helps a bit

cool thats great info :)

i will search the town for two more 6400k for the veg and i will look into how much the 2700k bulbs are for flowering, my grow box is very small as u can see i had a little problem this morning the top soil was very dry but underneath it was damp do you think it is caused by the 60 watt household light? the lights sit about 4 inches from the plant so i dont think the cfl's caused it to dry up that much in 1 day?

Until I know your temps its hard to say. Typically for sprouting you want to keep the soil damp to the touch "not saturated" your seed should be apx 1 inch into the soil so if the top is damp your seed is damp.

Household bulbs generate alot of heat. Unless you are in a cold uninsulated room you shouldn't need to add heat. typically most growers are trying to keep the heat down.

Thanks very much on the replies... :)

i have 1x 6400k(daylight) 1x 4200k and i just put 1x 60 watt light bulb in for heat.

i have searched everywhere for a 6500k but cant find one in northern ireland (shop owners look at you funny if u start talking bout light spectrums)... i was in two minds just to buy a enviro grow lights but due to being on a budget i cant get 1 :( im not looking to grow a forest lol just personal, would 2 more 6400k be enough to get it through the veg stage??

Thanks for the info about nutes knowing me i probably would have started feeding them already lol

lots of thanks to.. MJGenius + MadMardo

Hey Smokey about your light situation. I would advise you (if possible) to have all three spectrums in your grow box as to more duplicate the effects of the suns rays. The natural sun does not just have 1 spectrum. Of course I would want more of the blue spectrum during veg and the red in flowering. So thats lights 6400k and 6700k ish for the blue and 2400k/2700k for blooming. You also want about 10k lumens (thats what the sun emits) for optimal conditions. You could also have your lights on a 24/7 scheduele (may rise the temps in your grow are) for basically the whole veg state because autoflowers do not flower because of any light change. For the fastest and most successful grow get some good lights, good nutes, and good airflow. I am new to growing but all of the info I just said Ive researched on this forum. Good luck buddy! Check out my grow if you want. :welcome:

lol i think im the opposite my house is bloody cold! i dont even know the temp like i said all i got is in the pics no thermostat or ph sticks, just checked on the seed and the case has opend and im starting to see signs of life !! might keep the bulb just for heat reasons if im going to use cfl's. cant pm not enough post's yet :) will be adding pic's soon

Thanks prop19 i'll check your grow in a min :)

so i have 1x6400k and 1x4200k so all i need to get is a 2400k or a 2700k ? im confused already lol thanks for the tips

Thanks prop19 i'll check your grow in a min :)

so i have 1x6400k and 1x4200k so all i need to get is a 2400k or a 2700k ? im confused already lol thanks for the tips

2000-3000 is red spectrum 6000-7000 is blue spectrum and anything between them is is obviously middle of the road.. during certain stages the plant craves a particular kind of light. vegetative it wants blue and flowering it wants red. Giving it the right type of light at the right times produces the most optimal growth

Back
Top Bottom