Auto transplant

Well, I'm no expert having only grown weed 5 or 6 times; however, I do have some experience with tomato plants which are not too far off from cannabis. And, experienced tomato gardeners do transplant their tomatoes at all different stages. In fact, I recently read of one gardener who ALWAYS does a series of transplants...she says her tomato plants develop a better root system by growing and being transplanted into successively larger pots...until finally being transplanted into the garden. Of coures these are not autos so not a perfect comparison.

I'm growing an Early Miss Auto in a 2-3 gallon pot, she's 25 days old and I'm going to transplant her into a bigger pot in a couple of days.
20170322_132025.jpg

There will be some shock but according to the tomato grower, the shock is minor and the plant recovers quickly. I didn't want to transplant but I just don't think the 2-3 gallon pot is big enough to help the plant grow big. You'll hear many weed growers say never transplant autos but...Ima do it!

yeah i normally transplant 3 times but i only use regulars... this one is for free and i never did an auto before...

Autos are supposed to be planted in their final pot...no transplanting..from most everything I have read. However before I knew this I grew a couple of autos started in a 18 oz solo cup then to about 1/2 gal pot and finally to their final 2 1/2 gal pots and they grew fine. Maybe the yield would have been higher by not transplanting, I don't know. I started a couple of new autos this week and started them in their final pot so we shall see how much better this works.

Back
Top Bottom