AutoFlowers Or Normal Strains? Please give your input

sfsgosu

Hey guys. I'm going to be starting a Deep Water Culture grow soon using a 6 plant starter kit from SH or building a replica of one of those myself. I'll be using feminized seeds. What do you think would be better? Using autoflowering strains or normal sized strains? I'm worried about normal strains because it will be 6 plants in a small space and I'm not sure how they would do with crowding. Roseman recommended normal strains using a sea of green type method. what does everyone else think? I'm trying to get as many opinions as possible so I can make the right move. Thanks in advance =)

anyone have an opinion?

I can tell you that six female plants in one bubble tote setup, is WAY too crowded! Personally I think four is too many, but can be done. I am growing a Roadunner autoflower and am very pleased with it so far. It is in a 5 gallon bucket by itself, but was started in a tote. So to answer your question, if space is very tight you might want to consider the autoflower variety and maybe you can do six at one time(although mine is 27" tall and 24"wide!).

oh wow haha. yeah i was thinking that 6 female plants would be too crowded there. im thinking of short stuff's russian rocket fuel, lowlife's automatic great white shark, or both. i dont know though

the automatic white russian also looks nice

Just make sure that whatever strain you get, it has a good THC%, because some autoflower varieties, can be a little week. This is due to the Ruderalis which has virtually no THC. Most of the newer auto strains, have aleviated this problem however. Good luck with your grow and just remember that, we can help if you have any questions!

Just make sure that whatever strain you get, it has a good THC%, because some autoflower varieties, can be a little week. This is due to the Ruderalis which has virtually no THC. Most of the newer auto strains, have aleviated this problem however. Good luck with your grow and just remember that, we can help if you have any questions!

thanks for the heads up man

If your looking for a fast grow use the autoflower fem, it will be able to handle more than 12 hours of light while in flower to harvest, check my thread doctor who's grow, theanswer has it right, if your going to use the six pack start it with all six you never know if a fem seed is going to be female or male the chances of females are much higher or greater through with fem seeds, if all are female you can move a few of them from the res to a bucket or another six, Good luck bro.

Doctor Who :surf:

If your looking for a fast grow use the autoflower fem, it will be able to handle more than 12 hours of light while in flower to harvest, check my thread doctor who's grow, theanswer has it right, if your going to use the six pack start it with all six you never know if a fem seed is going to be female or male the chances of females are much higher or greater through with fem seeds, if all are female you can move a few of them from the res to a bucket or another six, Good luck bro.

Doctor Who :surf:

i think this time around ill do the auto flowers since its my first grow and first Deep Water Culture experience and then after i know what im doing a bit more ill step up to some real strains. that sound good?

6 is way too much. i planted 3 afgankush ryder and 3 ak47 ryder all fem. i cant even pull them out the closet. lol i recomend only growing 3 in the starter

Good luck on your first grow. I messed up my first try from seed, so i went to a Dis. and got a clone. I've learned a lot from the seed disaster and am growing one very happy clone now. It is teaching me a ton on what to expect from the Deep Water Culture system, and I am very happy. My next grow I will try from seed again, and maybe add one clone. The clone I have is supposed to be a new strain from the dis. I got it at. They said they've been growing it and sharing it for a while, but it's the first I heard of it, but the taste and high are great, so I am hoping for a good grow.
Just wanted to add in my experience for you. Make sure you have plenty of time to dedicate to the grow the first 4 weeks, it helps a lot. Block light out of the system, get your PH steady, and keep your temps and humidity in check as you need them. Good luck!

be sure to know that once your projects starts, it'll be a daily activity to check the environment, the plants, make improvements to the grow area, etc etc.

Plus you'll be spending time with water and nutes and ph, filters for smell and you'll be spending money too.

But as for me, it is a project of love. This hobby is rewarding.

My 1 piece of advice is that you make your grow area with fans and lights and a temp/humidity guage, get a ph test kit or a ph meter.

Test the grow area and make tweaks before you start the grow. Make sure you run the lights and fans and check the temps and humidity is within range over a few days.

Back
Top Bottom