Deep Water Culture from stealth hydro

It all a matter of grow style at this point. If you know hydro then you can play and see what works for you. I've tried Hempy, E&F and BP and BP works best for me in my grow space. Currently have 6 fem plants in two different grow areas inside a 4x7x7 closet with 3 res with two plants in each. Combined actual grow ares is about 24 sq ft ( 2 - 3x4' areas).

Vegged for 5 weeks and 4 of the 6 will be ready eight weeks later. Expect to get 1 1/4lb from this grow cycle and since I grow for personal use and a few people that would be on MM if it was legal here that yield works for the time invested.

Can't wait for MM to be legal here as I have a 10x15x10' bedroom just begging to be used to help others. That means I can come out of the closet! No, not that way!

Can't wait for MM to be legal here as I have a 10x15x10' bedroom just begging to be used to help others. That means I can come out of the closet! No, not that way!

Man U aint never lyin!I already told my girl that if it EVER gets to be like Cali. down here...im gettin one of those lights that spin from the ceiling and has 4 hid bulbs in it...Oh im DEFFFINIELY commming out the closet

Problem with your variation of sog is that the yield with be about 1/2 to 3/4 oz per plant max. That mean from one Deep Water Culture system you could get 3-5 oz. If you let 3 plants veg for 5-6 weeks and then go to 12/12 you can get 6-8 oz easy.

I heard the analogy of getting a young girl pregnant vs. grown woman. I'd say let them grow to vegatative maturity, they get bigger and can hold more and bigger bud.

While it is true that you can fit 6 plants in the system, 6 full grown females would be tough if vegged to 1' or so.

This system is designed as a starter system that would allow you to plant 6 regular (non-feminized) seeds in the system, cull the 3 males that you usually get as a result of the usual 50-50 spit you get on males/females and grow out the females.

Personally, I plant 2-4 known females and grow them out to about 14-16" and they finish up being 34-36". I'm on my 7th grow. I have two of the 6 port systems and just bought a 4 port DWC system for more growth room. My particular strain likes to spread out with side branching and I can fill a 3x4' area with two plants and expect to get about 6-7oz per res.

Hi MC I appreciated your reply in my thread. I am trying to decide exactly when I should go to flower. I have 5 females in the typical Deep Water Culture 6 port system in about a 2'x 2 1/2' cab that has about 4 feet of grow height. I would rather knock up a grown woman than a teenage girl to use your analogy but I also don't want so much bud in there that it becomes counter productive. I probably should have only started with 4 fem seeds but I figured this being my first time ever growing anything that I would probably kill at least a couple of em.

Baldalicious:
I purchased a SH Deep Water Culture system this year with the multi-spectrum lighting. There are pros and cons to the company and the system depending on who you ask. In my experience, the company has a quality control issue with its products. I have had several problems; leaking tub, poor lamp construction - it broke, and a defective bulb that I had to hound them to replace. Once the system is up and running though, it does a very good job. Bear in mind that the system is marketed to newbies like you and me. When you break it all down, you can purchase/fabricate/assemble the system yourself much cheaper than what SH sells it for. I am not satisfied with the multi-spectrum CFL lights. So continue to ask around, gather data, analyze your grow space and needs. If you haven't grown before, there are some videos here and on the web (one very good one by Green Man). Be patient and be prepared for your crop to veg for 4-5 weeks and flower for 10-11. All the while you will be monitoring water quality and temperatures...that's up to 4 months of trial and error. Hope this answers some of your questions about Stealth Hydro. :peace:

Baldalicious:
I purchased a SH Deep Water Culture system this year with the multi-spectrum lighting. There are pros and cons to the company and the system depending on who you ask. In my experience, the company has a quality control issue with its products. I have had several problems; leaking tub, poor lamp construction - it broke, and a defective bulb that I had to hound them to replace. Once the system is up and running though, it does a very good job. Bear in mind that the system is marketed to newbies like you and me. When you break it all down, you can purchase/fabricate/assemble the system yourself much cheaper than what SH sells it for. I am not satisfied with the multi-spectrum CFL lights. So continue to ask around, gather data, analyze your grow space and needs. If you haven't grown before, there are some videos here and on the web (one very good one by Green Man). Be patient and be prepared for your crop to veg for 4-5 weeks and flower for 10-11. All the while you will be monitoring water quality and temperatures...that's up to 4 months of trial and error. Hope this answers some of your questions about Stealth Hydro. :peace:

I hear the dual specs put out alotta heat....might wanna look into a 400w HID in a cooltube with a small pc fan on one end.:rollit:

I am not satisfied with the multi-spectrum CFL lights.

I'd have to agree with you Hydronewbie about these lights even without actually having seen them or used them. I've ruled out these lights which seem to me to be pretty much a joke anyway. I've decided on LEDs from either Hydro Grow, ProSource or Haight and my main grow light and I can buy CFLs as seed starters from just about anywhere. These manufacturers have done their research and are offering effective LED grow lights which are far more suited to my grow space than HID. I know they're pricey, but considering the extra wiring I'd have to do to run HID in addition to the cooling exhaust system, the initial price of a quality LED light isn't all that bad.

I'm following this thread: Haight Solid State vs. H.G.LED which is an in progress between the Hydro Grow and the Haight lights. Even though this test isn't completed yet, it's pretty clear that these do work, will be much less expensive to run, not require new wiring for high voltage and an extensive exhaust system for cooling.

Keep in mind that you wil still want to exhaust the air in and out of the room to refresh the co2 supply and a small oscellating fan the move the plants around to strengthen the stems. A fan high for exhaust and low for intake should do the trick. Otherwise it sounds like a wise choice. No experience with LED's but I'm new to this site and was inpressed with the grow-off. Good luck!

Regarding Co2 Do you all remember someone talking about a nature Co2 enhancing product used in the growing of Mushrooms? It was a product that naturally released Co2 into the garden. I looked up the site a number of months ago but can't find the address anymore.
Just wondering if you all remember the product or have used it.
I make wine in my veg area; 5 gal batches staggered throughout the grow cycle.
Nothing like getting the best of both worlds.
Problem is we have more wine than what we need and the next operation will be way too large for this technique. Looking for another route to go.

Keep in mind that you wil still want to exhaust the air in and out of the room to refresh the co2 supply and a small oscellating fan the move the plants around to strengthen the stems. A fan high for exhaust and low for intake should do the trick. Otherwise it sounds like a wise choice. No experience with LED's but I'm new to this site and was inpressed with the grow-off. Good luck!

Oh yeah, definitely will be doing a small circulationing fan. I'm brainstorming a way to siphon off some Co2 from the natural gas boiler and water heater for my house, maybe just a small hose from the ductwork to bring Co2 into the grow tent just to insure there's always a fresh supply.

Don't over think it unless you have a big grow area. A fresh air supply is usually more than enough for a small area. Personally, I spend so much time in the grow room talking and singing to the plants they get way more than enough! LOL! I have heard that taking a 1 gallon jug, filling 1/2 full with warm water, 1-2 tsp bakers yeast and a cup of sugar produces some good CO2. You cut a 1/4" hole in the jug top and run some spare air line to the top of the plants. Give the gallon a shake every day or so to get the reaction you want. Low tech, I know but easy enough. Tried it a couple of times. No big change but it may have helped. I move my air in the room around alot but with the led's not needing mmuch venting the co2 may stay around long enough to do some better work for you.

While it is true that you can fit 6 plants in the system, 6 full grown females would be tough if vegged to 1' or so.

This system is designed as a starter system that would allow you to plant 6 regular (non-feminized) seeds in the system, cull the 3 males that you usually get as a result of the usual 50-50 spit you get on males/females and grow out the females.

Personally, I plant 2-4 known females and grow them out to about 14-16" and they finish up being 34-36". I'm on my 7th grow. I have two of the 6 port systems and just bought a 4 port DWC system for more growth room. My particular strain likes to spread out with side branching and I can fill a 3x4' area with two plants and expect to get about 6-7oz per res.

do you start from seed or clone?

My clones sit next to me in the office. Not this time. Next grow I think I'm growing out some freebies. Blue Hash, Blue widow, Ca, hash and White widow along with a couple of my usual strain. Been growing the usual for too long and need some variety.

I hear ya... I started to notice I was getting lingering traits off the one strain of weed i was smoking. After going through a couple lbs in a year I suppose it does that to you.

:surf:

That's why i picked up my white Rhino, and widow, and Northern lights and trainwreck...

Man... I CAN"T WAIT!!!!! I'm gonna have one hell of a St. patty's Day..... REAL green

My clones sit next to me in the office. Not this time. Next grow I think I'm growing out some freebies. Blue Hash, Blue widow, Ca, hash and White widow along with a couple of my usual strain. Been growing the usual for too long and need some variety.

if its the dinafem bluewidow do it. i love this strain its done in 7 1/2 to 8 weeks, i bought big buddah blue cheese and got this one seed as a free be and it took over my garden, better yield better stone and shorter growing time then the blue cheese. i have the cali hash plant seed also that i may be sprouting soon.

but i will say my main goal is to get a clone of some las vegas purple kush. i know a grower in vegas who has it every time im out there, just getting a clone back home will be the hard part. if i get that plant i will never grow anything else. hands down best bud ive ever smoked.

Good to know on the BW. Yes it's the dinafem! Now I'm even more excited to start the next grow and I have 4 weeks minimum before part of this grow is done! LOL!

I got the Barney's Blue Cheese and it was kind of a dud, twice. I've heard that the BB-BC is better. Of course I heard that after the fact but oh well!

I have a few PK seeds around here but certain strains of that particular plant can vary a lot I've heard. Good luck on getting one for your room!

Jonny, it's called Burn Out! I'm right there with ya! LOL! I mix some store bought weed to keep the BO factor to a minimum. A bowl of hash oil/kief helps a little also for me. 1 bowl of that and I'm one large weeble! I wobble but I won't fall down! At least I don't think I fall down but who knows! I did find myself under the Christmas tree looking up at the pretty ornament for about an hour one time! I told me wife - wrap me up, I'm a Christmas present honey! LOL! You'd think she would be used to my antics!

Back
Top Bottom