Deep Water Culture from stealth hydro

Oh yeah, definitely will be doing a small circulationing fan. I'm brainstorming a way to siphon off some Co2 from the natural gas boiler and water heater for my house, maybe just a small hose from the ductwork to bring Co2 into the grow tent just to insure there's always a fresh supply.

WHOA! Do not siphon any exhaust gasses from any combustion appliances in your home! The primary by-product of combustion of natural gasses for heat in homes is CO, that is carbon monoxide! A very dangerous gas! Do not "siphon" any gasses produced as a by product from combustion in your home, this is a deadly gas, carbon monoxide, you want CO2, you will not find it produced as a by product in any appliance in you home. This is a patently bad idea, do not consider implementing this strategy!

WHOA! Do not siphon any exhaust gasses from any combustion appliances in your home! The primary by-product of combustion of natural gasses for heat in homes is CO, that is carbon monoxide! A very dangerous gas! Do not "siphon" any gasses produced as a by product from combustion in your home, this is a deadly gas, carbon monoxide, you want CO2, you will not find it produced as a by product in any appliance in you home. This is a patently bad idea, do not consider implementing this strategy!

This. :goodjob:

Nice save FryingPanFlyer, Wouldn't be nice to see a gardener blown up while trying to improve his green thumbness.. :goodjob:

i would rep you but i cant.:thanks:

Natural gas is an extremely important source of energy for reducing pollution and maintaining a clean and healthy environment. In addition to being a domestically abundant and secure source of energy, the use of natural gas also offers a number of environmental benefits over other sources of energy, particularly other fossil fuels. This section will discuss the environmental effects of natural gas, in terms of emissions as well as the environmental impact of the natural gas industry itself. Scroll down, or click on the links below to be transported ahead.

* Emissions from the Combustion of Natural Gas
o Greenhouse Gas Emissions
o Smog, Air Quality and Acid Rain
o Pollution from Industry and Electric Generation
o Pollution from the Transportation Sector
* The Natural Gas Industry and the Environment

Emissions from the Combustion of Natural Gas

Natural gas is the cleanest of all the fossil fuels. Composed primarily of methane, the main products of the combustion of natural gas are carbon dioxide and water vapor, the same compounds we exhale when we breathe. Coal and oil are composed of much more complex molecules, with a higher carbon ratio and higher nitrogen and sulfur contents. This means that when combusted, coal and oil release higher levels of harmful emissions, including a higher ratio of carbon emissions, nitrogen oxides (NOx), and sulfur dioxide (SO2). Coal and fuel oil also release ash particles into the environment, substances that do not burn but instead are carried into the atmosphere and contribute to pollution. The combustion of natural gas, on the other hand, releases very small amounts of sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxides, virtually no ash or particulate matter, and lower levels of carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, and other reactive hydrocarbons.
Fossil Fuel Emission Levels
- Pounds per Billion Btu of Energy Input
Pollutant Natural Gas Oil Coal
Carbon Dioxide 117,000 164,000 208,000
Carbon Monoxide 40 33 208
Nitrogen Oxides 92 448 457
Sulfur Dioxide 1 1,122 2,591
Particulates 7 84 2,744
Mercury 0.000 0.007 0.016

Natural gas is an extremely important source of energy for reducing pollution and maintaining a clean and healthy environment. In addition to being a domestically abundant and secure source of energy, the use of natural gas also offers a number of environmental benefits over other sources of energy, particularly other fossil fuels. This section will discuss the environmental effects of natural gas, in terms of emissions as well as the environmental impact of the natural gas industry itself. Scroll down, or click on the links below to be transported ahead.

* Emissions from the Combustion of Natural Gas
o Greenhouse Gas Emissions
o Smog, Air Quality and Acid Rain
o Pollution from Industry and Electric Generation
o Pollution from the Transportation Sector
* The Natural Gas Industry and the Environment

Emissions from the Combustion of Natural Gas

Natural gas is the cleanest of all the fossil fuels. Composed primarily of methane, the main products of the combustion of natural gas are carbon dioxide and water vapor, the same compounds we exhale when we breathe. Coal and oil are composed of much more complex molecules, with a higher carbon ratio and higher nitrogen and sulfur contents. This means that when combusted, coal and oil release higher levels of harmful emissions, including a higher ratio of carbon emissions, nitrogen oxides (NOx), and sulfur dioxide (SO2). Coal and fuel oil also release ash particles into the environment, substances that do not burn but instead are carried into the atmosphere and contribute to pollution. The combustion of natural gas, on the other hand, releases very small amounts of sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxides, virtually no ash or particulate matter, and lower levels of carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, and other reactive hydrocarbons.
Fossil Fuel Emission Levels
- Pounds per Billion Btu of Energy Input
Pollutant Natural Gas Oil Coal
Carbon Dioxide 117,000 164,000 208,000
Carbon Monoxide 40 33 208
Nitrogen Oxides 92 448 457
Sulfur Dioxide 1 1,122 2,591
Particulates 7 84 2,744
Mercury 0.000 0.007 0.016

I can't argue with you about the advantages of natural gas, but do you live by any of the wells? The county I live in sees a lot of natural gas extraction activity, though it has slowed down in the last two years. That's one I can't understand, two years ago they were crying that they needed to drill, drill, drill. They couldn't get their hands on enough property to drill on, even though they had only drilled on 20% of the previously leased land, and today they have almost completely shut down. Last weekend when I went up to Fort Collins for the birth of Wyatt I drove by many gas wells along side of I-25, I only saw one operating, all of the rest were sitting idle, what's that about?

Have you ever heard of what this drilling process entails? Once they get to the gas producing formations they begin pumping down tons of chemicals to fracture the rock formation the gas is trapped in. Now, what are those chemicals they are pumping into the ground? Who knows, they say it's proprietary and won't release any information. There was an incident in southwest Colorado a few years ago when an oil worker was exposed to some of these chemicals, they immediately took him to a hospital where they were unable to treat him because the oil company he worked for refused to tell the doctors what was in this soup he fell into. He died shortly after this exposure. Now I can't say what he died of, few people know what chemicals he was exposed to and certainly no one outside of that company knows. But I'm guessing it was some terribly toxic shit.

So, what I'm getting at is while natural gas is indeed an abundant and relatively clean source of energy there is a huge price to pay for extraction. I read almost every day of someone's well being polluted, their animals poisoned from drinking out of a stream that used to run clear. There are costs, and the oil companies always seem to look at the best and most pristine wilderness areas to drill in.

We've got to use our heads when it comes to energy use and production, you can't just run willy nilly through our lands and expect everything to turn out fine. This can be done, but it must be done intelligently. I'm trying to save some of this little spot I've got carved out in Colorado for Hailey and Wyatt, my grandkids, and when they've grown up.

I couldn't agree with you more Frying. Also in the same neck of the woods, I don't want to see our wildlife and natural resources ruined because of drilling. Go back in the ocean and get it out there. I love my little house in the woods and don't want to see it ruined!

We all need to fight to keep our lands clean , even if you don't own any large land holdings . You still get to enjoy just driving through beutifull forests, hiking along our wild rivers. If we all just stopped being so lazy , we don't need half the crap we all have. The world would be a much better place if we all just lived a little more simply! Read a little Thoreau, relax get high go for a walk throw out your tv !! :peace: Hey LonghornFan , I live by the ocean those oil wells look like shit along the Beutifull Santa Barbara Coast !! Lets all start riding a bike or walking more and use your car less . No hard feelings dude why don't we just let China drill and mine everything were probably going to buy it all from them one way or another anyways !! Let them clean it up first though. They send us enough crap and poison !! ramble ramble ramble bla bla ..... time to come down a little .....

We all need to fight to keep our lands clean , even if you don't own any large land holdings . You still get to enjoy just driving through beutifull forests, hiking along our wild rivers. If we all just stopped being so lazy , we don't need half the crap we all have. The world would be a much better place if we all just lived a little more simply! Read a little Thoreau, relax get high go for a walk throw out your tv !! :peace: Hey LonghornFan , I live by the ocean those oil wells look like shit along the Beutifull Santa Barbara Coast !! Lets all start riding a bike or walking more and use your car less . No hard feelings dude why don't we just let China drill and mine everything were probably going to buy it all from them one way or another anyways !! Let them clean it up first though. They send us enough crap and poison !! ramble ramble ramble bla bla ..... time to come down a little .....

Amen, Simplify! That's a huge part of the answer. One problem with China though is their pollution is getting so bad that's it's actually making it all the way over here!

Amen, Simplify! That's a huge part of the answer. One problem with China though is their pollution is getting so bad that's it's actually making it all the way over here!

That's kind of what's wrong in this country right now is we point fingers at what other nations are doing and saying and not taking care of business here in the States.

Fry your not a flaming liberal are you my man??

25% of the particulate matter (air born pollution) on the west coast oginates from China. This does not even mention the tons of heavy metals being dumped in the water inland and off the coast of China. These are just facts and not political. It's environmental.

Back
Top Bottom