Can I get your advice please?

Hey kruizin,sorry to hear the bloombox didn't really work out ,and yea i do hate it when they hit the top and burn, but for me with a bloombox and producer i just live with it and try different things, so anyway did u use the top of box for your lights or did u buy new stuff or are u going to sell the bloombox, I hope everything works out for u.thanks. peace:roorrip:
Hey Ozric420!

The bloombox worked out very well for me until I got tired of the height restrictions, the bending over, and the constant need to fix the output tubing that delivered air to the airstones in the res. I must have reattached it a half dozen times over the last year, reinforced the attachment, and it still came off. Well all was well as I checked my girls on a daily basis. But when I had my surgery, I was unable to go downstairs and check on them and wouldn't you know it, the damn air output tubing came apart again and I figure about 3-4 days went by without any oxygen being delivered to the res. The crop was a total loss! Well that was the straw that broke the camels back! I had about 3 weeks left to go on a very nice crop of WW.

I sold the bloombox and with part of the money, bought a nice 1000 watt lighting system, some mylar and decided to give these 5 gallon buckets a try. It will be so nice to be able to walk around the plants, allow them a little more growth and just to spread things out a bit. It will also be nice to only lose one plant if things go sideways or if I want to grow several strains!

I should be good to go with the clones in about another week...:smokin:

To answer your earlier question, you won't actally see air bubbles coming out of the feed line. It is just "oxygenated" water or nutrient solution. You want just a constant trickle, not too much. The setup looks nice!

To answer your earlier question, you won't actally see air bubbles coming out of the feed line. It is just "oxygenated" water or nutrient solution. You want just a constant trickle, not too much. The setup looks nice!
Thanks for "theanswer". Just in case I've decided to add a 5" airstone to go along with the 5" disc to be on the safe side. :reading420magazine:

Hey Ozric420!

The bloombox worked out very well for me until I got tired of the height restrictions, the bending over, and the constant need to fix the output tubing that delivered air to the airstones in the res. I must have reattached it a half dozen times over the last year, reinforced the attachment, and it still came off. Well all was well as I checked my girls on a daily basis. But when I had my surgery, I was unable to go downstairs and check on them and wouldn't you know it, the damn air output tubing came apart again and I figure about 3-4 days went by without any oxygen being delivered to the res. The crop was a total loss! Well that was the straw that broke the camels back! I had about 3 weeks left to go on a very nice crop of WW.

I sold the bloombox and with part of the money, bought a nice 1000 watt lighting system, some mylar and decided to give these 5 gallon buckets a try. It will be so nice to be able to walk around the plants, allow them a little more growth and just to spread things out a bit. It will also be nice to only lose one plant if things go sideways or if I want to grow several strains!

I should be good to go with the clones in about another week...:smokin:

So the BCNL didn't help you with this issue, or they did and it didn't work after that,just wondering , I have had a hard time sometimes getting ahold of my rep,did you have the same problem with them. thanks for your time my friend.:cool:

So the BCNL didn't help you with this issue, or they did and it didn't work after that,just wondering , I have had a hard time sometimes getting ahold of my rep,did you have the same problem with them. thanks for your time my friend.:cool:
They said if I wanted it fixed, I'd have to send the box back. Well, that really wasn't possible at the time. I so went and bought a couple of band clamps (the same type you use for venting only much smaller) and used those to clamp each end down. I really reefed on it the last time and it lasted for a couple of months. But, unfortunately, it became disconnected at a time I was not babysitting the kids.

I will say that as far as support goes, I've had a good experience with them say 90% of the time.

Apparently, you've had better luck than me and that's great! :grinjoint:

Take care...

They said if I wanted it fixed, I'd have to send the box back. Well, that really wasn't possible at the time. I so went and bought a couple of band clamps (the same type you use for venting only much smaller) and used those to clamp each end down. I really reefed on it the last time and it lasted for a couple of months. But, unfortunately, it became disconnected at a time I was not babysitting the kids.

I will say that as far as support goes, I've had a good experience with them say 90% of the time.

Apparently, you've had better luck than me and that's great! :grinjoint:

Take care...
Thanks Kruizin,but after spending all my money,i still can't afford a camera ,but between the 2 boxes after its all done I'm happy with the results ,but I know I can do better, How is electric use now that u switched over to 1000 w. :peace:

Thanks Kruizin,but after spending all my money,i still can't afford a camera ,but between the 2 boxes after its all done I'm happy with the results ,but I know I can do better, How is electric use now that u switched over to 1000 w. :peace:
Hey Ozric420, I was perfectly happy with the results I got from my bloombox. Not much bad to say at all. I just got tired of the limitations (not to mention it's reliability of that damn hose).

I can't say about the electric bill yet as I haven't used it yet, but I would expect my grow costs to at least double.

One more week to go! :grinjoint:

YouTube - growroom.3gp

Could I get you Deep Water Culture to take a look at this video and tell me if you think I've got too much air movement in the room? Also, it seems like the new growth is not as green as the older growth?

These clones are a week into veg under a 1000 watt MH. The light caused some serious heat issues for me. This room is in my basement and I added a fan from the outside of the room to blow in fresh air (about 65 degrees), I also added 4 9" fans around the buckets to cool the res temps (currently running at about 72-74 degrees). And I went from a 4" inline fan up to a 6" that's sucking air from the outside of the room across the lamp and out up the chimney. The 4" fan is now sucking air from the top of the room out. The temps before these changes were up to 80 degrees in the res.

I know that this room is very crude looking, but believe it or not, it's clean and has been sprayed well.

I'm looking for opinions, help, advice, comments, and criticisms!

:thanks:

Looking good to me brother!! The only thing I would do is move that ballast of the floor, just in case there is a spill or water leak. Once those clones take of you will be set!

Looks good man. The only thing I think you may regret is not making a reservoir for all of those. My single plants fill up 3/4 of a 5 gallon bucket with roots by the time they are done. As time progresses even with a small res I have, I end up having to currently put 1-2 gallons in the system a day so I am upgrading for my next grow from my current 5 gallon res to something MUCH bigger. My new rule of thumb for running buckets is a 5 gallon res minimum for every two buckets. Not to mention it really becomes a pain in the ass adjusting nute levels, PH, and water levels in a bucket containing a plant. I started off the same way and having a res that allows you to control your solution without disturbing the plants and root system made things 100x easier.

Other than that I love your setup. I'm jealous of your air circulation system. Good luck with the grow

Looks good man. The only thing I think you may regret is not making a reservoir for all of those. My single plants fill up 3/4 of a 5 gallon bucket with roots by the time they are done. As time progresses even with a small res I have, I end up having to currently put 1-2 gallons in the system a day so I am upgrading for my next grow from my current 5 gallon res to something MUCH bigger. My new rule of thumb for running buckets is a 5 gallon res minimum for every two buckets. Not to mention it really becomes a pain in the ass adjusting nute levels, PH, and water levels in a bucket containing a plant. I started off the same way and having a res that allows you to control your solution without disturbing the plants and root system made things 100x easier.

Other than that I love your setup. I'm jealous of your air circulation system. Good luck with the grow
I agree with you Abe on the reservoir. I'm a week into this whole Deep Water Culture thing and realize that PH'ing 4 buckets a day is going to get real old pretty soon. Although I must say, I really enjoy spending time with them, even if it's just sitting there watching them grow! :smokin:

As far as the nutes go, I just make up a 12 gallon batch, and split that 4 ways.

Also, thanks to you for the kind words! :thanks:

I actually prefer the individual 5 gal. buckets, especially if you have different strains. You can better control the PPM, for each strain. I have grown 4 foot tall monsters in these buckets without a hitch.

I actually prefer the individual 5 gal. buckets, especially if you have different strains. You can better control the PPM, for each strain. I have grown 4 foot tall monsters in these buckets without a hitch.
Why is it "The Answer" causes me to have more questions after I read his posts most of the time? You bring up points I hadn't thought about.

I am growing two different strains in this system at the moment, although they are both very similar in make-up. Or at least they were last time through. I am noticing this time though that the White Castle's leaves are a duller green color and somewhat yellow. These plants are from a new mother, from a different batch of seeds. Is it possible I got some lower quality seeds this time? I can also say that the mother looks quite a bit different this time than the last mama did. Taller with less folliage this time....

If this problem continues, will it affect my grow negatively in any way, or should I just ride this out and see what happens this time?

Anyhow, thanks bro for the thoughts! :thanks:

I'm getting ready in about a week to move these gals into the flower stage. The roots of all these ladies reach down into the water and the bottom of the res's.

3rdwkvegall.jpg

Is it OK to remove the pump and drip lines at that time assuming my roots are well into the nute mixture? I just want to double check because I've never left the root ball to fend for itself during a grow, it was always kept moist.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom