First time grower needs help choosing!

boskito

Whats good! Well I've decided that Im going to go ahead and grow.. I've been doing my homework and have come down to 2 hydro sets to choose from:

SH Hydroponics, Inc. > DWC Grower's Choice Kit

SH Hydroponics, Inc. > Bucketeer DWC Kit

Would any of those two work fine? Which one would you choose? any help would be appreciated!

Also for my light system this is what I am going to go with:

SH Hydroponics, Inc. > Dual Spectrum OzoneLite Lighting Kit

^would those work fine?

Thanks and sorry for the noobnes.

Re: First time grower needs help choosing!!

Dude you can make all this stuff yourself for a lower price even! Are you kidding me for the Dual Spectrum OzoneLite Lighting Kit they wanted a hundred and something bucks! that looks like something i can do for less than 20 bucks and a lil bit of shopping at home depot! but if you have the money then go for it!

Also you probably want to think about checking with the sponsors. After all, they support this site. And perhaps you should edit your post to remove the live links to a competitor?

[EDIT: Just got a wild hair and checked out the light. $119 for a CFL in a clamp-on utility light shade lol? Why do I get the feeling every time I visit that place that they are trying to ca$h in on new growers? I guess their name would help with that.]

intresting... ive never herd of titanium dioxide coated bulbs... and how would they effectively help in the elimination of airborne bacteria, mold, viruses, fungi, smoke and household odors would be intresting.

but ya they look like cfl's and the holder part is really cheep at the hardwear store

thats what i tought Hightide805 i was like man get out of here not throwing them under the bus or anything but that was a high price or that

you all are so funny with the sponsor thing too...

i mean how is someone supposed to get an opinion on something that is not a sponsor :scratchinghead:

this guy might have just saved $100 if he decides to go with something else.. but he/we would have never known if we couldn't look at what he was talking about..

we just helped him out stuff is too expensive our sponsors seem to have something better for him we helped him and saved him 100 bucks on something that he is really gonna use and money well spent not the shitty clf setup they tried to rip him off with

i know..

i'm just saying he had to post the link for us to check it out.

I think it's ok to post links to non-sponsors that aren't in competition with them.

At least two sponsors - Suncoast Hydroponics and Express Light Bulbs - https://www.suncoasthydroponics.com/sell grow lights (and GOOD ones). And Suncoast Hydroponics also sells hydroponics systems.

As for whether or not CFLs that are coated with titanium dioxide help destroy odors, they do seem to help. But I would never use those or any other ozone-producing product in a GR for a variety of reasons.

You can laugh but I was serious. Since O3 destroys odor - and the things that cause odor - it'll do a number on the terpines and quite possibly on the thc/etc. in the trichomes. And it'll deteriorate many items such as hoses. It's also got an affect on the lungs that is like that of chlorine, it can scar them up pretty bad, and I spent a good deal of time in my GRs.

Then again, I was working with home-built ozone generators that produced massive amounts of O3 - not those little lightbulb things that probably just boost the level a few ppm on a good day. But I'd still place my odor-solution in the room that the GR vented to (or inline in the vent itself). Or just use a carbon type solution.

I'm a bit more health-conscious than I used to be. I realized not too long ago that I'd already lived twice the number of years I expected to, and kind of figured I might see if I can live a few more.

you all are so funny with the sponsor thing too...

i mean how is someone supposed to get an opinion on something that is not a sponsor :scratchinghead:

Funny about the sposor thing?...the sponsors make all this possible...do you think that someone just says "lets start a site" and then magic happens? Nope, it costs money, and the sponsors provide it. I'm not saying that every purchase can or even should, be made through a sponsor...for numerous reasons, that's not always possible, but linking a competitors equipment on this site is bad form, and possibly detrimental to their continued support of this site. At the end of the day, this is a business, and business has rules.

Funny about the sposor thing?...the sponsors make all this possible...do you think that someone just says "lets start a site" and then magic happens? Nope, it costs money, and the sponsors provide it. I'm not saying that every purchase can or even should, be made through a sponsor...for numerous reasons, that's not always possible, but linking a competitors equipment on this site is bad form, and possibly detrimental to their continued support of this site. At the end of the day, this is a business, and business has rules.

did you read what i said on post #10 of this thread...
how would we have know what he was talking about without the link?

i know sponsors make it possible, how do you compair something if you cant look at it or talk about it?

did you read what i said on post #10 of this thread...
how would we have know what he was talking about without the link?

i know sponsors make it possible, how do you compair something if you cant look at it or talk about it?

Very simple...go to one of the sponsors...find the same thing and link that. DWC/Deep Water Culture systems are the most common type of hydro system sold...everybody makes them, and if you couldn't find a comparable system on a sponsor site, just describe what you're looking for/at. At any rate, it was not that big of a deal...hell, I've had two posts edited for linking non-sponsor sites, everyone makes mistakes from time to time.

is 4 gal enough for 2 plants?

I've decided that I'm just going to go with the "growers choice kit" due to the fact that it comes with anything ill probably need. As for the lights, I'm going to purchase them from Express Light Bulbs. I have a small space to grow and want to use CFL's .. Does anyone recommend any from Express Light Bulbs?

It will work...if your willing to check ph 4-6 times a day, and add ph/nute balanced water daily once the plants start to grow. I'm using an 18g res and I have to check and adjust ph 3-4 times a day and add water nearly every day. Such a small res eliminates any margin for error. I have heard of a rule that says 2 gallons of water per plant, but I curently have 3.6 gallon per plant in my res and it still keeps me busy. If this kit is what you've settled on, I would reccomend growing just one plant at a time. or look carefully at the setup and build your own. You can construct one, much larger, for 60-70 bucks complete with everything but the seed. I have just bought all the components I need for a much larger DWC kit than the 18g I am currently using for a total of 74 bucks...and alot of that was just the tote.

As far as lights go, very simple...6500k for veg...2700k for bloom and buy as many as you can afford. CFL's don't penetrate as well as HID lighting so you must make up for that with volume of lighting.

5 gallons for each plant is best, to keep your ph more stable

2 gallons would would work, prob be the min, like southernweed said it would need checking on a few times a day

Back
Top Bottom