Autos - Girl Scout Cookies - Malana Bomb - Black Gold

Isn't heat a big issue in the summer?
Mabye just for me, it's nothing for temps to get up to 110F.

I hope that's in the shade, still waaay above my comfort temperature:)

I live in northern europe in a coastal climate so high humidity is the biggest issue (last summer's grow ended with 14 days of rain and we lost ~20% of the crop to budrot).

Temperatures can get pretty high in direct sunlight in the middle of the day during the summer, but as long as plants aren't underwatered it's not a problem.

I hope that's in the shade, still waaay above my comfort temperature:)

I live in northern europe in a coastal climate so high humidity is the biggest issue (last summer's grow ended with 14 days of rain and we lost ~20% of the crop to budrot).

Temperatures can get pretty high in direct sunlight in the middle of the day during the summer, but as long as plants aren't underwatered it's not a problem.

Yehh, I've seen some TREES before I moved from Michigan, where the temps hardly reach 90 in direct sunlight, they were beautiful; over 6 foot tall, gorgeous.

Update Day 36 from seed

The girls are still healthy and doing very well, with one little exception -
I accidentally broke most of the main top of Malana Bomb # 2 whilst LST'ing, I taped up the stem with insulation tape and discontinued the LST on the main stem and started to focus on the side shoots, luckily the main shoot pulled through and it's growing fast:surf:

To get them to stretch I raised the lights to the top of the tent for 6 days, and then 3 days ago I lowered them to 45-50 cm above the canopy and also removed some leaves from the bottom of the plants and on one plant of each strain I removed the 2 top sets of fan leaves.

Group shot

WP_20160306_19_03_32_Pro.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies # 1

WP_20160306_19_05_56_Pro.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies # 2

WP_20160306_19_06_49_Pro.jpg

Malana Bomb # 1

WP_20160306_19_07_51_Pro.jpg

Malana Bomb # 2 LST

WP_20160306_19_11_09_Pro.jpg

Black Gold # 1

WP_20160306_19_12_47_Pro.jpg

Black Gold # 2

WP_20160306_19_13_36_Pro.jpg

:Namaste:

Looking sweer mate good job and nice recovery. They can heal fast from a split stem if taped up quick.they dont skip a beat.and some quality training well done;)

Girls are looking super nice and healthy, goodness.
You're in for a treat, hell, we all are. :popcorn: I can't wait to see.

Update Day 42 from seed

The ladies are doing ok, though there was a bit of a crisis when I came home yesterday the temperature in the tent was 33°C and the plants were drooping a lot, they were supposed to have been watered that day since the soil was almost dry the night before.

It turned out that the pre filter sleeve on my carbon filter was blocked by dust and there was no airflow out of the tent...
So I hoovered the worst dust off and pulled it off a bit and was able to get some airflow again, I'm gonna buy a new pre filter sleeve on monday, luckily one of my local shops has one that fits in stock.

The plants are growing well, though still very short, so I raised the lights to the top of the tent again and I'll keep them there until I switch to flowering nutes, which is going to be in a week or so, and then gradually lower the lights.

WP_20160313_03_52_22_Pro.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies # 1
Has really grown a lot:)

WP_20160313_03_53_47_Pro.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies # 2
Still very small

WP_20160313_03_54_28_Pro.jpg

Malana Bomb # 1
The shortest of ladies, seems to be the most mature with pistils getting brown

WP_20160313_03_56_15_Pro.jpg

Malana Bomb # 2 LST
Totally recovered from the broken main stem, all branches are pretty level

WP_20160313_03_57_32_Pro.jpg

Black Gold # 1
Nice and healthy

WP_20160313_03_59_42_Pro.jpg

Black Gold # 2
Still my favorite plant, the ponytailing has made the 2 lowest side shoots level with the main;)

WP_20160313_04_01_57_Pro.jpg

Very nice work.

I've got short ladies too. and I think I went too long without giving them nutes, and they suffered a bit.

Update Day 60 from seed

An overdue update, a lot has happened since the last update.

At day 49 I started giving them flowering nutes.
At day 56 I upped the nutes and when I checked the next day just 14 hours later they were quite yellow especially the Malana Bombs.
So I flushed them with ~3x potsize with tap water pH 7,5(used to be ~7,0 but they changed something in my building) followed by 1,5 L of water pH 6,5.

I'm not sure what's wrong but fairly certain it's nuteburn, most likely K(burned tips and new leaves are thin) and the lock-outs that follows.
They look a bit better now and the buds are still growing so that's a positive sign:)
At this point I'm just observing and since they're still wet from the flush they won't need watering the next couple of days.

Girl Scout Cookies seems to be coping quite well though, they're very frosty;) and are also the most mature.
Malana Bombs are suffering the most but also quite mature and I think I'm beginning to see a tint of purple.
Black Golds are the least mature but also the biggest plants.

The side shoots on the Girl Scout Cookies and Malana Bomb # 1 has been tied down for more light exposure.

Day 57

14 hours after nutes were upped

WP_20160326_16_57_08_Pro.jpg

At flushing

WP_20160326_17_14_03_Pro.jpg

Day 59

All

WP_20160330_02_11_40_Pro.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies # 1

WP_20160330_02_01_28_Pro.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies # 2

WP_20160330_02_03_17_Pro.jpg

Malana Bomb # 1

WP_20160330_02_04_40_Pro.jpg

Malana Bomb # 2 LST

WP_20160330_02_06_19_Pro.jpg

Black Gold # 1

WP_20160330_02_07_40_Pro.jpg

Black Gold # 2

WP_20160330_02_08_53_Pro.jpg

Gees that black gold is a leafy bugga:) I'm late but I'd Thaught ide already subbed to this journal when you kicked off.My first malana bomb didn't take to well to stronger nutes which resulted in a pretty severe lockout the last half of flowering but still was a nice smoke when finished.Not long to go now:)

Gees that black gold is a leafy bugga:) I'm late but I'd Thaught ide already subbed to this journal when you kicked off.My first malana bomb didn't take to well to stronger nutes which resulted in a pretty severe lockout the last half of flowering but still was a nice smoke when finished.Not long to go now:)

Not too late to catch the best part;)

The Black Gold's are very leafy and bushy plants, but one off them is way behind the others, which is annoying since I need to flush soon (because the Malana Bomb's are dying and the Girl Scout Cookies and the second Black Gold are ready) and I have to take them all down at once so I can dry them in the tent.

I did mess up with the nutes and the pH, but I learned some good lessons for my coming outdoor guerilla auto adventure:)

Update Day 83 From Seed

Another overdue update, this will be short one, though I hope to make up for it with an extensive harvest/after action report.
I flushed the girls on day 79 with atleast 3x potsize tap water, followed by 1,5 L pH'ed water, I'll chop when the soil is almost dry.

GroupShotDay83.jpg

Havest update / After action report

After a lot of work and work with new grows I finally found some time to update this journal...
All the girls were harvested and budwashed at day 83 (from seed) and trimmed the next day.
After 7 days of drying the buds were jarred up with 62% humidipacks, as usual;)

I encountered some problems when I began to feed flowering nutrients, mainly because I gave nutes with every watering and because I failed to notice a change in the pH of my tap water.
I guess it's a good idea to water at least once between feedings when using Biobizz.

All in all a less than successful grow, however the smoke seems decent enough, I'll do smoke reviews after some more curing. Coming grows will be flushed twice if possible, it just makes the smoke so much smoother.

Final dry weight

Girl Scout Cookies #1 = 28 g

Girl Scout Cookies #2 = 22 g

Malana Bomb #1 = 27 g

Malana Bomb #2 = 26 g

Black Gold #1 = 25,3 g

Black Gold #2 = 33,4 g

Total = 161,7 g

So I'm doing what I can to make my next grow bigger faster and better and hoping for a successful outdoor run this summer, I'll get some some journals up on both soon.

Last day

WP_20160426_15_59_57_Pro.jpg

After removing leaves with no or very little trichomes

WP_20160426_21_41_38_Pro.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies #1

WP_20160426_16_03_59_Pro.jpg

111111112.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies #2

WP_20160426_16_01_59_Pro.jpg

222222222.jpg

Malana Bomb #1

WP_20160426_16_04_30_Pro.jpg

3333333333333.jpg

Malana Bomb #2

WP_20160426_16_06_12_Pro.jpg

4444444441.jpg

Black Gold #1

WP_20160426_16_07_23_Pro.jpg

55555552.jpg

Black Gold #2

WP_20160426_16_08_56_Pro.jpg

66666666.jpg

Hey pgr, well done on the harvest. They look very nice, probably a real nice smoke as well. It's a shame you had the problems you had but great recovery. Around 1 oz per plant after all that plus only 20 or 30 days veg from seed is quite decent I think. Another point are the strains, they don't sound like big yielder's or are they? I'm sure your next one will be a blast amigo.

:thumb:

Hey pgr, well done on the harvest. They look very nice, probably a real nice smoke as well. It's a shame you had the problems you had but great recovery. Around 1 oz per plant after all that plus only 20 or 30 days veg from seed is quite decent I think. Another point are the strains, they don't sound like big yielder's or are they? I'm sure your next one will be a blast amigo.

:thumb:

Thanks man, I think the Black Gold is supposed to be a high yielder, but not sure about the others.
Can't expect too much off a 30 cm tall auto anyway;)
I have big plans for the next grow(s):)

Final Update / Strain review

The buds have been curing for some time now and I've been sampling them a lot;)
They strain reviews will be the same as this, with some pictures added.

Girl Scout Cookies - Fast Buds

Girl Scout Cookies #1

Smell: Skunky/earthy 7/10

Taste: Sweet, full body smoke with hints of mint and chocolate 9/10

Effect: Strong all-round buzz 9/10

Growing: Easy 9/10

Medical: Good for pain and appetite stimulation, not a night time smoke for regular smokers.

Girl Scout Cookies #2

Smell: Skunky/earthy 7/10

Taste: Like a sweet OG 7/10

Effect: Strong all-round buzz 8/10

Growing: Easy 9/10

Medical: Good for pain and appetite stimulation, not a night time smoke for regular smokers.

The Girl Scout Cokkies #1 (dark, lanky phenotype) is clearly the best of the 2 I got.

Malana Bomb - Barney's Farm

The Malana Bombs are very similar in taste and effect

Smell: Fruity/earthy 7/10

Taste: Like it smells, but very faint 7/10

Effect: Nice Indica body stone 8/10

Growing: Hard, very fuzzy and nute sensitive 3/10

Medical: Good for insomnia

Black Gold - Cream of the Crop

Black Gold #1

Smell: Earthy
6/10

Taste: Earthy afghani taste
6/10

Effect: Decent Indica body stone
6/10

Growing: Normal, grows leafy and bushy
5/10

Medical: Decent for insomnia, good for relaxing mind and body

Black Gold #2

Smell: Floral and earthy
8/10

Taste: Sweet and floral
8/10

Effect: Decent Indica body stone
7/10

Growing: Normal, grows leafy and bushy
8/10

Medical: Decent for insomnia, good for relaxing mind and body

Black Gold #2 is the best of the 2 with better developed and tastier buds.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even with all the problems I had, I ended up with some decent smoke but not enough to last long enough.
That's why I'm upgrading my effort and equipment for my 5th (indoor) grow, it's already growing strong and a journal is on the way:)

I also started an outdoor guerilla grow, check it out here Nordic Guerilla - 55° North Outdoor Auto Grow

Thanks for watching and commenting

Back
Top Bottom