Auwia Gorilla Glue #4

I have a 7 ft tent with quantum boards and I had a couple of colas of the Sativa leaners that hit the lights. The Indicas are not as tall but my 5 foot tent would not have worked for those. If you run out of height just collapse the Colas by breaking the fibers of the stalk by carefully rubbing between fingers. The cola will still grow but sideways instead (support with strings) or just let it hit at the end. It will burn back an inch or so but the rest will be fat and sticky from all that stress. Some of my best colas have been burned back :thumb:
I did scrogg a couple of plants and that did keep those short. You do lose the long Colas of those Sativas of course.

When to flip? I kind of go by when the flowers get some hairs and really look like they are ready. I do not use calendars; I go by looks (very superficial when real girls are involved so refrain from it when dating; in fact, ages are kind of important when dating, not just how old she looks ;-)
I have flipped when a plant had less than a dozen full-size leaves and I filled a half-gallon jar with it; these really get to work and grow after they get flipped.

In fact I'm going with late bloom nutes today because they look like they are ready (got some fan leaf dying and the flowers "look" at that point) not because the growing chart says today is the day.

Distance? I do not use a ruler but maybe 12-18"? (a little more, a little less) at flower using homemade Quantum board lights. (3000k) On the last grow I had the light tilted quite a bit (6+ inches) because of the height difference between the Sativa leaners and the Indica leaders.

My current grow has a Sativa leaner from a different seed broker that is the same height as these guys' Indica; that is interesting given the height difference I have been working with lately. It also is definitely finishing quicker but one seed is not a good indicator of average flowering time.

I'd go with the manufacturer of your light. They know their focal points best. Most just go with that and then adjust as the plant prefers from there.

Ok I'll try to do and report.
Thanks for very detailed explanation.

Update:
IMG_20200413_113415.jpg

Hi, I'm reducing to 12/12 to push flowering, I'll remove 1 hour of light per day, my box is 1.60m only and I don't have much space! :)
I go from 24/0 to 12/12 in one day.
Weed is a C3 (does not need darkness in veg) and I'm not wasting 12 days creeping to 12 ;)
It does not seem to hurt but a lot do the creeping.

I think you're wasting your time. Just grow them in veg until the height you want them and then flip them over night. If it's some kind of experiment the you want to mimic nature then just say so but I find that pointless. There is nothing there to flower yet. Just my opinion.

I don't like lollypop effect and of course it's early now, let's give her 1 month in growing and let's see what will happen! ;-)
I've horizontal space, that's why I opted for main-lining.

Hi guys,
I followed your suggestions and I've switched off the red row that probably combined with few hours of sunlight produced some very poor secondary branches that I had trimmer off. I increased the sunlight to 18 hours too. This is the current situation:

IMG_20200426_112802.jpg

Back
Top Bottom