Northern lights #5 x Haze

IMG_080940.JPG
IMG_081032.JPG
IMG_081138.JPG
IMG_081237.JPG

IMG_081541.JPG
IMG_081626.JPG
IMG_081736.JPG

I have to say that I am with Light Addict! At first sign I isolate the first plant to show symptoms. On young plants in small pots I shrink wrap the container in self clinging plastic wrap. Then I carefully turn them upside down over a sink and using the spray nozzle on my kitchen sink faucet I gently spray them off of the underside of the leaves with air temp water. Not hot or cold and definitely gently not a strong spray. I just use my fingers or ask for help from the Bride of Holler to gently rub down the bottom side of the leaflets. I then turn them up right and let them sit until all of the water has dried from the leaves. I then tap the side of the pots to resettle to soil. Once or twice is usually all I have to do it and they are back off and running. When you see a plant as damaged as the one you have. Those leaves will not come back. By removing them at the stem by snapping the petioles you do 2 things. First by destroying the leave you radically reduce the resident population of the pests. Secondly by breaking the apical dominance of the plant you will encourage the growth of the secondary leaf nodes. I also recommend this before spraying for spider mites. With them it makes even more sense. By removing infected leaves , you reduce the pest population. With spider mites you also expose more surfaces to strong light which spider mites don't enjoy. Since they don't have little sunglasses in a size that fits spider mites this causes them to congregate even more so on the underside of the leaves which concentrates them so that they have an increased exposure to your spray applications and the exposure is more prolonged. Best of luck in all you grow!

Thanks man.. also thanks for the laugh, got a picture in my mind of a little cool spider mite with sunglasses xD

Last night i trimmed ALL damaged leafs. even the ones only just starting to die off at the tips... So thats left all the girls really open and naked, with not many hiding spots left. After trimming really roughly, i sprayed with a new insectiside 'ECOstyle' so the girls were all soaked in it, then i sprayed every single branch from below... Spend alot of time really doing it as good as possible. So yeah this was my last shot at trying to kill the thrips, if they keep living im just gonna let the girls grow out and maybe make hash out of the buds.. dont wanna smoke thrips.. But if they do indeed die off from this new insecticide, i think i got a good chance at some decent harvest ^^

I would also do a tent scrub, as well clean the pots on the outside with some bug spray/disinfectant using a rag.. they can get everywhere.

I think if they can finish, you have to do a good bud wash anyway, you've used plenty of things on the girls already. A wash should leave most of the trips out. Should be smoke friendly after..

To be honest, if the buds are at a point where they need to be washed, im just not going to smoke them :) I have a supply of good clean bud already and money is never the issue, so its not out of need as such.. I mean i wanna be self supplied but if this aint the grow then next one is ;) So no need to go into budwashing and all that... I've seen smokerjoes project with it, it looks fine and all and he says it doesnt affect the quality of the bud and high, but meh... i dont like the idea ^^
but how i look at it - if the thrips finnaly die off, im not worried about the insecicides or the neem oil. Neem oil is pretty safe, so no worry there and the insecticides are eco friendly... both insecticides were for edible plants like tomatoes, apples, whatever... so not too worried about taking that in either... What i dont want to smoke is dead thrip bodies..

Also when spraying i was too lazy to move out of the tent, so pretty much all the walls got a good bit of insecticides as well this time + the floor and the pots were all soaked... Had to wiped the floor/walls/pots off after spraying to make sure there wasnt any liquid left... i got some of my electricity etc inside the tent so dont wanna leave it on the floor/walls.

So a little update here guys... Well firstly my gf's iphone is dead so cant do any pictures sadly :/ i aint into smartphones and shit so not really planning on getting one myself.. But i'll figure something out soon and before harvest ofc.
Well the girls are on week 3 + 2 days since i switched to 12/12 so started giving the girls a little bit of booster.. ice is appearing on the buds and everything on new shoots are looking good and growing. Old leaves infested by thrips are dying off on all of the girls so yeah we'll see how much i can pull off them with so little leaves left. And there are NO thrips left ;)

Back
Top Bottom