Azomite or superthrive

So I was going to be getting either azomite or superthrive for my plants micro nutes. Or perhaps both. Would both be benificial? Or do they both basically have the same stuff and its not needed to have both? Also does either have sufficient cal and mag? I know both are quite good for late stage buds.

I am a organic soil grower and this stuff would be used on both my weed and my regular plants.

My other feeds are
veg:
5-1-1 fish poop
some 5-3-3 organic mix that has all sorts of bone meals blood meals and other such things.

flowering:
Bat guano 0-8-1
molasses which i think has 1-0-5

So do i seem to be missing anything? should i use both azomite and superthrive? If not which should i go for?

Re: Azomite or superthrive.

I use superthrive myself, 1/2 tsp per gallon of water, the nutes I use are alices organic 6-12-12 aloong with a 0-10-10, costs about 10 bucks per grow for nutes :) I have always used superthrive although I can;'t say that it does a whole lot, done it without once and noticed no difference

Re: Azomite or superthrive.

I use superthrive myself, 1/2 tsp per gallon of water, the nutes I use are alices organic 6-12-12 aloong with a 0-10-10, costs about 10 bucks per grow for nutes :) I have always used superthrive although I can;'t say that it does a whole lot, done it without once and noticed no difference

Whats the 0-10-10 you been using?

I gotta say so far my two ferts for veg are incredible. Stinky but incredible lol. I also picked up a 4 oz bottle of superthrive today so ill toss a tiny bit in next feeding.

liquinox, picked it up at a seed store, 3.99 takes 1 tbsp per two gallons, I harvest around 20 plants every 4 weeks and have used this stuff for over 5 grows and no issues other than saving a ton of money over using natures necter which was 20 a bottle for a three part series and I used 1 bottle each of NPK per grow, keep it very simple and low doses, your plants will tell you what they want. I have one plant, an afghan, that demands a 35-50-50 every single feeding and its sister wants only about a 5-10-10, I have learned to only really look at them every other feeding, I notice changes better that way

Oh, and I have never used molasses and have compared harvest to harvest, strain to strain, wattage to wattage, almost mirror conditions and not one of us in the farmers collective noticed any bit of difference, but it may be on a molecular level it helps. first grow simple, second add a bit more things, third add a few more and start test plants. within a year the basics will be old hat and you will be bitching about having to go water them and mixing nutes :) cuz by then you will have all the smoke you can handle and it becomes a chore. For the little amount of time that I veg, usually two weeks for clones (for roots) and use exactly half what I use in flower, never had more than a mild case of over fert, I have no need to flush, I switch to plain water when trichs are milky, I have learned that just because it says 8 weeks does not make it true, I would focus more on curing and drying and setting that up to be honest, pot grows itself pretty much, just needs love every other day.

With the molasses I think its one of those things where some people didnt need the stuff that it had to offer. As with any fert or nutes or minerals vitamins, if you already had them at the right amounts then more wasent needed. At least thats what makes most since to me after reading many peoples journals and general horticulture debates. Because it does have some trace elements and a fair bit of K.

As for the azomite or superthrive I said fuck it and got both today lol. Ordered a 2 pound bag off ebay for 9 bucks and got a 4 oz of super from Homie Ds

Back
Top Bottom