Baby's First Grow: Blackjack, Black Domina x Jack Herer, In A Closet

... and now for some better news while i eat a bowl of pho and binge watch cody'slab for breakfast

i was just bouncing off walls looking for my phone. it appears the top branch on my surviving lady has some whorled phyllotaxy going on!! once again, it's proven that i just have the weirdest fuckin luck. really hoping that branch will keep up with the whorling, it makes me wanna sneak some clones out when we move... a mylar-lined bucket and a lightbulb plugged into a truck should work for a day or two yea?
her newer growth was looking pretty pale and the slightly less new growth was, i think, looking like it would with an iron deficiency? i didn't have a deficiency chart a few days ago and went to give her an epsom salt drench, which helped to an extent, but i listened to the plant griping and finally remembered to order nutrients the coming friday (which conveniently arrived the next day when it said it wouldn't). she recieved a half dose of GH's floranova grow and a couple pinches of some element nutrients' flower fuel a couple days ago and i'm noticing color really starting to return :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:!!!

got my 500 lizard hands on some flower called "old dirty bastard" and found just one very fat calyx with a lovely seed inside. just popped it in this afternoon, with any luck it should grow. kinda wondering if i can veg it out until we leave & then flower in my closet in the new place. this strain is funky as fuck & i've never really experienced funk beyond some mediocre cheese

update on the seed: it did indeed sprout, but i was using a clear solo cup as a humidity dome and didn't air it out often enough and the seedling got moldy. oh well again! seems i still have everything to learn

had a good full gram joint and a .3g bowl a couple hours earlier. right now i'm taking a minute to write and then making a water bottle bong, hitting it, and continuing to write. there's an incense burning too, good GOD my eyes burn but in an alright way.
yesterday i was taken to visit an amusement park that surrounds this beach in santa cruz (i can't remember any names for the life of me, i was a bit high then too) and picked up different pieces of wood, one of them is a perfect walking cane and incense holder. i want to carve one of them into a steamroller somehow. there were also a couple of rocks that i want to drill into pipes.
we went to play pirate themed mini golf that led you up ascending stages. each had some kind of play on different senses combined with pirate robots bantering at you and even shooting smoke rings out of cannons at you. i'd go into details more but the incense is hurting my head now.

hey! don't burn large incense in your bedroom. i turned on the light and it was hotboxed. great ideas. that derailed my train of thought so i'm going to make the bottle bong now
the lights turn on in a couple hours. i'm going to try to not check out until then and take some pictures of the plants

the plant has been slow to grow, some nutrient issues of course, but for some reason the humidity has been really low the past week! it kept dropping into the mid-30s and low-40s and the wind from the fan actually wound up drying some leaves. new growth has been looking kinda droopy and sad too. i took the humidifier back out and have it turning on every 3 hours for 30 minutes during lights on. this has the room hovering around 60% again. the temps usually hover around 20-21C all day/night. i need to raise the temps a bit again because the house has been cold lately. that being said i hope i haven't impeded the stretch too much
thought i'd mention the T5 i bought earlier this month already started shorting out (it scared the HELL out of me, my head was right there and the thing made awful zapping sounds) so i sent it back and spent the money on a 600W LED. it was cheap but the reviews were decent so i pulled the trigger. hopefully it should be a better entry-level product. 'zon just so happened to give me free one day shipping, so i only had to leave them under my cheap 45W and 60W lights for a day after sending back the T5
(i kind of think the electrical work in this house might have contributed to the light going bad. flickering lights are very common and generally unsettling electricity noises don't surprise anybody unless they're literally right next to their ears.)
i forgot to take pictures yesterday and today, so those are coming after i have the light put up tomorrow

YEAHHH :party::slide::slide::slide: i'm still awake because i was working on art and other things for hours and hours. i noticed it's 4:20AM in time to get one really nice bong rip in right before the minute passed, so lemme talk a little bit about shark shock before bed.
i'm used to buying my flower from the lower, cheaper shelves, cleaning it up a little, and taking a few big hits to get the job done. it can get super rough on the lungs, because dispensary weed can be good, but it sometimes isn't the best. i can take it just fine though.
the dispensary closest by, one i didn't go to very often until recently, had a buy one get one free deal for some upper-mid shelf. so i took, and got two strains called shark shock and xibalba (which is good, but i don't wanna talk about it right now unless anybody wants to hear). shark shock is an indica, uh
let me smell it real quick...
i can't.
the bowl is too burned, but the packaging has "scratch n' sniff terpenes" which smell very peppery with floral undertones, and it translates to the smoke nicely. after the previously mentioned bong hit the pepper taste was like a bite to the tongue and the floral undertones became fairly prominent. i just took another hit with a little bit of fresh flower to taste and it really does make me think about a tropical scene with the ocean, sharks, and some flowers.
funny enough, the high to me is akin to the flavor. when i lay down a gentle body high sets in and it feels alot like floating in beach water on a calm, but not too calm day. when i try to do anything after higher doses though my brain is effectively not far from meat that got mashed on by a shark
i just spent over an hour writing about shark shock and smoking a bowl (i took it out of the perc piece after the first couple hits and put it in a ~6in bubbler) instead of sleeping, go me

here's one blurry eye-murder blurple photo taken after i gave the closet a needed cleaning and set up the light. this was actually after lights off, so i did it quickly. i keep forgetting to take pictures lmao.
even with a bad picture it's noticeable the plant isn't doing amazing right now, but she's definitely starting to come back since i fixed the cold/dry atmosphere

okay here's a small image dump finally

... this phone camera is out to harvest eyeballs from innocent passersby. that's the least neon i could get it, with the deficiencies they even look like real poinsettias

i cleaned some pieces and realised I can make a bubbler chillum

best thing for lazy indica wake & bakes. i have too much time on my hands

i'll sit this one out & start writing an update when i can again o_O. BJ has finally started to flower

I was in the same boat on my first grow and the Internet gave me mixed info on what was happening.
One website told me I had nute lockout another said cal mag and yet another said wet feet. I was so anxious about the whole thing.

The best advice I got was to ask, wait and see. The guys and girls here are always going to help as you can see.

I see happy health ladies ready for the big flip I to flower, I think for your first crack of the whip you've done very well.

Edit. Those last few pics look a little burned maybe dial back the nutes and stick to ph 6.3 water for a week or two. No reason they can't recover.

Good work, keep it up.

I was in the same boat on my first grow and the Internet gave me mixed info on what was happening.
One website told me I had nute lockout another said cal mag and yet another said wet feet. I was so anxious about the whole thing.

The best advice I got was to ask, wait and see. The guys and girls here are always going to help as you can see.

I see happy health ladies ready for the big flip I to flower, I think for your first crack of the whip you've done very well.

Edit. Those last few pics look a little burned maybe dial back the nutes and stick to ph 6.3 water for a week or two. No reason they can't recover.

Good work, keep it up.
thank you very much! i mentioned a couple posts ago that it got pretty cold n dry in this closet, and the fan dried out a few leaves. not for nothing though, the most recent feeding was at 3/4ths dose grow nutes and 1/4 flower fuel and some crispy tips just barely showed up. the hungry little shit is still regaining color. i also had a little nutrient solution splash :x

sorry 'bout all the cherry red photos upcoming. i've resigned to the fact that half the photos of my baby grow will look like rudolph with allergies until i have a new phone or something

LET THE GUY FIERI PHASE BEGIN
my mom owns a galaxy S9 with a meaty camera so i'll borrow it next time i go to take pictures. i have a cheap htc that's done the job for the past 5 years, but now that I'm doing something that involves recording small plant anatomy clearly i'm realising how much it sucks

yep! it's officially flower time. next watering will be with straight RO water, then I'll switch to flower fuel. the flower fuel has all the nutrients except for calcium/nitrogen so I've mixed some nitrogen rich organic planting soil into the top of the bucket, and, should a calcium issue pop up, the well water in my place is UNGODLY full of it, so a couple cups per gallon might be good
i'm yellin at myself for that time i culled those first two plants because the kitty litter bucket one DID have those pear shaped preflowers

re: the whorled phyllotaxy branch
figured out a while ago that's not what that is. it's just a mutated node that came from when i fimmed it. there's a small bastard leaf at the base that's sprouting its own new branch

that's more like it.
better budlet shots

costco's steakhouse chili is absolutely batshit tasty halfway through a bubbler session.
finally remembered to mention that the first while after flip, i had a light leak in the closet that was casting the smallest amount of light in jackie's direction. so that was part of the reason she started flowering so late.
i scratched the itch to pop in and take some pictures. she doesn't seem to gripe when i turn the ceiling light on at least

i also up-potted her into a 5 gal bucket & overdid the first feeding of flowering nutes. the transplant went roughly but she still seems to be growing. better to get it done now rather than too late into flowering i suppose
news on whether or not we can move to colorado is slow too, so i'm not worried about time anymore. we take forever to move anyways LMAO

i got distracted with art for a while wuoooooops
jackie's starting to come along. she's finally kicking out a nice amount of pistils in more places. these pictures are a couple days old but it's good enough

after harvest i'm definitely going to reveg for another eventual harvest or just keep her as a clone mother, that way i'll be able to stick with this strain thru my big learning curve

i got distracted with art for a while wuoooooops
jackie's starting to come along. she's finally kicking out a nice amount of pistils in more places. these pictures are a couple days old but it's good enough

after harvest i'm definitely going to reveg for another eventual harvest or just keep her as a clone mother, that way i'll be able to stick with this strain thru my big learning curve
hi lizard I just went through your thread I noticed your growing a black yack is that from nirvana? ive grown 2 of them two different grows the first one was killer good and tasty the second one was good but not like the first one anyway ill hang around for the flower pics if you don't mind!

hi lizard I just went through your thread I noticed your growing a black yack is that from nirvana? ive grown 2 of them two different grows the first one was killer good and tasty the second one was good but not like the first one anyway ill hang around for the flower pics if you don't mind!
:ciao:welcome aboard! the seeds were produced locally & bought from a dispensary. expensive for regulars but i'll make it worth the price.
a lot has happened since the last update, i'll have new photos posted in a few hours.

:ciao:welcome aboard! the seeds were produced locally & bought from a dispensary. expensive for regulars but i'll make it worth the price.
a lot has happened since the last update, i'll have new photos posted in a few hours.
cool I see the lineage there jack herrer x black domina the nirvana seeds are black domina x jock horror ill bet yours are better it will be interesting to see what you get!

Back
Top Bottom