Bagseed CFL - I Blame Obama

joel355

I am a midwest college graduate with a long history of back pain, anxiety and depression. I need medicine, but thanks to this shitty economy I make slightly above 10/hr so I don't have much of a budget for weed.

I am going to graduate school for behavioral neuroscience, and I intend to study medicinal marijuana. I don't know much about weed (I'm learning alot!), so this is my first grow.

Soil - Miracle Grow Organic Choice and Perlite

Lights - 4 X 26 watt 6500K
2 X 42 watt 2700K
4 X 26 watt 2700K

Total of 18,800 Lumens, 292 watts. Lights set on 20/4.

Seeds - 12 Reg bagseed in 16 oz cups

Growing in a 53 gal tote covered with Mylar. Seeds are currently on day 6. I bought cheap soil, but sifted and microwaved it.

I would appreciate your constructive criticism in my scientific research. Thanks!

*bare with me as I upload the pictures please*

Preparation is key
preparation.JPG

Soil
Soil15.JPG

Set up
set_up2.JPG

lights_22.JPG

Re: Bagseed CFL (I Blame Obama)

I got the seeds from a bag of regs. I started germinating the seeds on the 23 and 24 of january. They have been under lights for about 4 days. I have watered them with tap water left in the open.

Seed 2 died, and I think a couple of them are close - what do you guys think? I don't know what I would do with this many plants, so I am vegging this many and am planning to lose a few each week due to process of elimination and natural causes.

The tote is covered on the inside and top with Mylar, and I have a roasting pan as a screen for the fan. I have 3 power strips running the lights. they are all insulated and grounded, and the unused sockets are covered with electrical tape (this was a tedious process, but my dad is an electrical engineer so I'm sure he would be proud of me if it wasn't so illegal).

I watered the plants and added soil to the ones stretching after the pictures were taken

Seed 1 Day 6
plant_1_day_6.JPG

seed 3 day 6
plant_3_day_6.JPG

seed 4 day 6
plant_4_day_6.JPG

seed 5 day 6
plant_5_day_6.JPG

seed 6 day 6
plant_6_day_6.JPG

seed 7 day 6
Plant_7_day_6.JPG

seed 8 day 6
plant_8_day_6.JPG

seed 9 day 6
plant_9_day_6.JPG

seed 10 day 6
plant_10_day_6.JPG

seed 11 day 6
plant_11_day_6.JPG

seed 12 day 6
plant_12_day_6.JPG

Joel, goodluck on your grow! :goodluck:

I'm sub'd and definately appreciate your style & sense of humor (although, I'm a Copenhagen long cut, guy!).

It's good that you started all those plants. Close to half will probably be male and you'll want to get rid of. You can then pick the best from the rest.

Where do you plan on putting these plants once they get bigger? You only have a few weeks or a month until they completely grow out of what you have now, unless you plan on lst, topping, and switching to 12/12 like.... now. I would suggest either buying some sort of premade cabinet(they have cheap wood and plastic ones) or building your own out of 2x2 framing and plywood. Either way it would only be about $20-30. You are also going to need more light, at least a few hundred watts of cfl per plant. 500+ would be ideal but that's a decent amount of heat if you don't have anything to take care of it. Good luck and hopefully your grow yields you beautiful medicine!

p.s. Do you plan on using any nutrients besides whats in your soil?

Mr krip - thanks, and you would get along with my roomies well they chew cope like its going out of style.

Nug - the cups are sitting on cups so once they grow a little more I will take them out. I plan on making a pvc frame and making a tent or dome similar to what I have now. I don't plan on flowering all of them, some will be male and ill prolly toss the smallest ones out. I'm going to start ferts this week, there are some hydroponic stores in my area so I will be paying them a visit tomorrow.

I am also going to install a carbon filter, but I have some time before they start stinking upthe house. I'm planning to veg them for another week and a half or two and starting to flower. This grow is mostly about research and trial and error so ill be testing different methods of training the plants (topping, lst, supercropping) as well.

My camera broke so I can't upload pictures, but I am seeing lots of growth. I am going to transfer some of them to bigger containers this weekend. Will it be too hard on them if I start using nutes, or should I wait a few days? they will be about 2 weeks old sunday.

You shouldn't need to add nutes for quite some time. There's nutes in the soil and your girls are still young, so they can't take too much.

Back
Top Bottom