Bagseed LED Closet Grow

OK NCDude thanks, this is a good question. Generally the lite is about 9 to 12 inches above the canopy. However, that damn oddball main cola is tall but it stretches out to one side. This is actually due to an LST configuration early on in flowering. That part of the plant is several inches below the lite but is off to one side so that is not touching the lite and is still in range. While the very top of the main cola is not getting as much lite, the buds just underneath it are, and they are getting huge. Those buds just under the main cola are closer to the lite at about 6-8 inches below. One more week of Tiger Bloom and then the flushing will begin as i get closer and closer to the end.

Thanks! Yeah 4 pounds would be awesome but unfortunatley that just aint gonna happen. The top cola is large and hefty and nice although it really isnt getting the lite it deserves. I'm not happy about it. We'll see what the dry weight is but I feel like I'm shortchanging the cola on its lite. But the plant does seem to be forgiving. Like the fact that the container is plastic and transparent which leaves the roots exposed to the lite. This is not good practice but it seems to unaffect the plant. Anyway thanks for the comments. Will for sure do an update with fresh video this Sunday.

Well as promised the usual Sunday nite update. Here we have our humble bagseed doing tremendous. No fan other than the lite fans. Temps still around 82. Last week of feeding Tiger Bloom. Will begin flushing Next week. There is the usual yellowing going on. Other than that the plant is doing fine and the buds are getting bigger. I am having a kind of rough time seeing the trichs real good. It seems as best as I can tell to still be clear. Not seeing any signs of amber or cloudiness. Not sure when thats supposed to happen but should be soon. I'll keep looking. Anyway thats my only real trouble. Here now is the video. Thanks for watching.

YouTube - 815update.mp4

LATEST UPDATE!! Re: GrowLEDhydro Bagseed LED closet grow

Here is the weekly update for this bagseed video journal. GLH 120w LED lite at the end of the 7th week of flowering. However an expert said the hairs were still too white and that it's gonna be Labor Day before harvest. So maintaining for now. Lots of yellowing occuring just after this last watering. Thats kind of curious. I know its normal to suck up the remaing chlorophyll (sp) but a bunch of leaves turned right after the last watering which was not a feeding nor flushing but rather a regual watering of ph 5.8 standing water. Buds are definetly starting to fatten up noticeably though so thats good. Shaping up to be a good yield i think. The video this week is mostly a bud shot video with music by The Au Pairs seen in the movie "Urgh! A Music War". Thanks for looking.

YouTube - 822update

Thanks buddy for checkin' in. I have a couple more of these seeds so I am going to germinate shortly before harvest. Hopefully this batch will last the next 3 1/2 months or so while they take their turn to grow.

hmmm...Should I Mortimer,try cloning? You know I dont know the first thing about it but it IS a good idea. I am just guessing that it is too late for this plant to clone,yes? The yellowing of the fan leaves just all of a sudden is still somewhat perplexing to me. But I will look into the cloning idea. If its not to late, then.......hella yeah I will clone. Guess I need to look up the cloning section here. Thanks again.

Well I have no more videos but rather some pics. These are from last nite. Trichs are mostly milky and some amber. Buds are much bigger. Hairs are turnin' red. All the signs are there but you can be the judge. Have started flushing and no more nutes. Hoping to chop Labor Day weekend. Thanks.
006369.JPG

005418.JPG

004440.JPG

003465.JPG

Thanks. Looks like I am going to set the date back for harvesting a bit. My expert says 12 more days so it looks like Sept. 14th. Meanwhile the leaves are all starting to turn brown and the buds are very moist. Thanks for looking.

Still in flower? Harvested?

Harvest!! Dry weight!! Smoke report!!!!

Well here is the final update on this GLH 120w LED bagseed grow. I harvested last Monday and today after 6 days of hanging and drying the final dry weight was taken. Drum roll please....3 OUNCES! Not bad I say. Check out the last video here:
YouTube - last one.mp4

So its in the jars now for curing and as for the all important smoke report? Here it iz: The smoke has a nice underwelming mild taste and is a little on the harsh side (which should correct itself during curing). It tastes and looks nothing like the weed the seeds came from. It does however pack a mean long lasting punch which is very heady and heavy. Nice though so I am impressed. I have more of those seeds so I may try another one. Only thing is the buds are a little fluffy. Don't know if thats the LED's or the strain or me or what? But nevertheless its early on effect is good and will only get better with time and curing so all is good. Glad that the LEDs did their thing so to all the naysayers on LEDs,well the proof is in the pudding. Think I'll have some pudding right now.....Thanks for looking.
Here some pics ya'll.

rsz_00711.jpg

Back
Top Bottom