LED Pineapple Express Redux

well i showed it to my friend who got me into growing, and his diagnosis (for the kush) was too much nitrogen which actually makes sense. the last batch of water that i mixed up, i accidentally switched the measures of FloraMicro and FloraBloom... hence.. more nitrogen than the feeding schedule dictates. hopefully thats all, and since i just flushed, i'm hoping its starting this feeding cycle (after it dries out) on a semi-clean slate.

still worried about the super silver though. i gave it another flush, and i'm just going to let it be until the soil dries out. with the soil being saturated from the flushes, there's not really anything I can do as far as changing nutes etc, but i figured it would be the best option with my limited experience. it was such a sudden change, i'm thinking it had to be something in the water.

i'm worried that its the city water... i always let it air out for a bit for the chlorine to break down some, and adjust the ph. never had problems before, but maybe the city changed the water somehow. they like to do that occasionally here. i have noticed it smelling more... eggy coming out of the tap sometimes.

too much N won't make your plants go yellow, it'll go dark green then get ''the claw''. post pics would really help people help you.

from the older pics the kush looks OK not great but OK, pretty normal yellowing. the super silver on the other hand does look N burnt, also looks like PH issues, possibly your PH is too low giving the plant N/P but low levels of ca/mg. Have you tried a foliage feed? That's what i do for emergency recovery's, just don't spray on the buds!

sigh... fine. =]

IMAG04726.jpg

too much N won't make your plants go yellow, it'll go dark green then get ''the claw''. post pics would really help people help you.

from the older pics the kush looks OK not great but OK, pretty normal yellowing. the super silver on the other hand does look N burnt, also looks like PH issues, possibly your PH is too low giving the plant N/P but low levels of ca/mg. Have you tried a foliage feed? That's what i do for emergency recovery's, just don't spray on the buds!

thanks! how do i foliar feed? just spray it on the leaves? mix up water with the nutes it needs and spray?

as for checking the ph of soil... should i just mix up some mud with neutral ph water and the soil from the pot?

I'm not the one to ask about soil but for the spray mix up a light nute mix with added superthrive if possible and spray directly on leafs right before lights out. don't do it during you light period or just before or you'll burn spots onto the plants.

Also I don't know if it helps but I never worry about yellowing at very late flower. check out this plant of mine with about a week till harvest (if that).
2012-06-16_17_55_27.jpg

Also the pic doen't show how much yellowing there is the most leafs are lime green and some dying yellow top leafs. it's just the plant giving it's all to make dank sticky buds to catch pollen before she dies.

thanks guys! i wasn't home yesterday when night started for them, so i'll try the foliar feed tonight.

yesterday i trimmed some of the tiny extra crap off the bottom of the kush, and quick dried it just to see... and i was pretty amazed lol. it took about 10-15 min to sneak up on me, but resulted in a really really nice body buzz. basically just the high i was hoping for! smooth, relaxing, stress-relieving... couchlocking. lol.

my main goal with the kush was to let it flower long enough to let the cbd build up more and use it mainly for relief. i get migraines all the time, and almost out of my medicine. i know indica-heavy strains have helped me a lot in the past, and i'm excited for this one. the super silver was going to be my fun-time plant.. hopefully it recovers!

Great looking trich pics!

:goodjob:
I usually check a leaves from a top buds. I have found they mature faster. You can check the bottom buds and if they are not as mature as you would like you can harvest the top and let the bottom go for as long as you like. I like to do this when I am out of smoke. In a few days you can be sampling your future stash!
:tokin::circle-of-love:

thanks =] i looked at a leaf from the most developed bud, and they're kinda milky but still light in color. going to wait until a large number of them are amber. and then theres the cure... definitely more than a few days away from smoking this stuff =P

i really cant wait though.

gave it one last nice defoliation today. will upload pics tomorrow, forgot to get them before lights out.

also trimmed off all the very dead leaves on the super silver. decided one of the two main stems that was left was way too dead. trimmed that off, saving a couple cuttings from it to attempt to clone. so far the super silver is the only plant i've successfully cloned. anyway, i've got those in some new jiffy pots. the super silver is very defoliated, but i think it may survive.. i'm going to reveg it as soon as the kush is harvested, which will probably be next week.

ok... cut the kush down. =] (50 days of flowering)

a decent number of the trichs were amber, and it didnt seem like it was getting any plumper. also, i want to try and reveg that super silver, and get the rooted clones under the led. (although i'm ordering a diamond series led to add in today). wet weight was about 30g. also left a couple leaves on the kush, gonna try and reveg it for mother purposes.

Congrats on your harvest! Look forward to the smoke report!! I think you are going to really love the extra Diamond Led light for flowering! Great Job!
:goodjob:

yea i can't wait for the light =] also can't wait to smoke that kush... gonna wait for it to properly dry and cure though!

will take some pics later. after i post the smoke report, this journal is pretty much over. will be picking up on the new one though, there's some new growth on one of the clones!

yea i can't wait for the light =] also can't wait to smoke that kush... gonna wait for it to properly dry and cure though!

will take some pics later. after i post the smoke report, this journal is pretty much over. will be picking up on the new one though, there's some new growth on one of the clones!

If you are low on smoke I wouldn't wait for it to cure before smoking unless that is really what you have to do. That Kush is going to smoke great in less than a week. Of course it might be a little smother and taste a little better after curing but it will do just great in a few days. I am already smoking my Moby Dick that I harvested 5 days ago. I am high as a kite right now!
Great to hear the clones are getting new growth!

still waiting. thought it was dry enough, put it in airtight glass container.. came home from work earlier today and saw moisture on the glass. gonna leave it open overnight and close it back up tomorrow =]

will maybe smoke some on friday

Back
Top Bottom