SLH & Pineapple Express

Hey This Guy!
You've got some good stuff going on there! Those plants are looking good!:thumb:
I'd say you made a good call moving the SLH into 12/12 at a young age. Bet they still get nice and big for you and I know those sativa genes are gonna keep you waiting a while for them to finish up.

The method you have of keeping them on veg nutes to avoid stretching is one I've not heard of before. Hope that it works well for you. Don't know if you considered giving them an extended period of darkness (like 30 hours) right before starting them on 12/12. I'm told that can also help to minimize stretching.

That Blue Himalaya Diesel sounds really interesting. Autoflowering! Are you planning to flower those under the Bad Boy?

Hey there, thanks!

I didn't do the 30hrs off before 12/12. I have 4 cfl's over the plants and the air cooled 600w hps pretty close to the plants. And also the LST'ing is help keeping them from stretching.

As for the nutes. When I wrote that, I had fox farm nutes in mind. What I meant was.. That during the stretch phase, I want to keep them on N nutes. Not to prevent them from stretching. I had do that with fox farm nutes, because the plants in early stage of flowering use a good amount of nitrogen as they stretch. If I just switched to the flowering schedule nutes, the N gets cut off. Then the plant uses the reserve nitrogen in the soil. That in-turn, leaves the plant short for N later in the flowering stage. And some large fan leaves start turning yellow and die.

I have more control with the Earth Juice. So for the first couple weeks of flowering:
1 TBSP Grow
1 TBSP Bloom
1 tsp Molasses

As flowering progresses, I stop using Glow (with Nitrogen) to let the plants use N reserves from the soil as they finish flowering. Then I will use the following:
1 TBSP Bloom
1 tsp Molasses

And using a microblast mix 1 time during flowering, to give it a healthy does of K. :)

I'm in the middle of trying to track down a proper ppm table for soil. I saw PitViper has an awesome one in his sig. But it's only for hydo. I don't know, it could be the same. Like I said, I'm still researching and learning.

Yeah, I'm gonna keep it under the t5 and see what happens. I can't say I'm a fan of auto stuff. It all seems like a marketing scheme. It was free, so I'll try it.

Sounds like you've done your homework on the nutes This Guy! I'll be interested to see how the Earth Juice does for you.

Bet the BH Diesel grow well for you under the T5s.

I'll keep my eyes open for a ppm table for soil for you. Does seem like that would be very much dependent on the strain, the nutes, etc. I do know the post from PitViper you're referring to. He doesn't pussyfoot around with those nutes man! Hard to argue with those results.
:goodluck:

Sounds like you've done your homework on the nutes This Guy! I'll be interested to see how the Earth Juice does for you.

Bet the BH Diesel grow well for you under the T5s.

I'll keep my eyes open for a ppm table for soil for you. Does seem like that would be very much dependent on the strain, the nutes, etc. I do know the post from PitViper you're referring to. He doesn't pussyfoot around with those nutes man! Hard to argue with those results.
:goodluck:

Thanks, I'm trying. I need to start doing with the nutes is make the tea with pumps for 24hr.

Yeah, that table would be great to have for a starting point. Thanks for keeping an eye out.

Today all the plants have been fed. I had to tie down one of the SLH, the side branches were getting a little out of control. The Diesel has been replanted into a 3.5 gallon pot and fed plain water. Other than that, nothing new to report. I'll post pic update later today or early tomorrow.

SLH - Week 2 (Start) Flower
IMG_09583.jpg

IMG_09576.jpg

IMG_09566.jpg

IMG_09558.jpg

Pineapple Express: Veg - All 3 look the same, so I only took 1 pic
IMG_09592.jpg

Another great looking set of plants, awesome job man. As far as the Earth Juice products go you should get great results from them, I use the complete line and I have no complaints....:roorrip:...:nicethread:

Another great looking set of plants, awesome job man. As far as the Earth Juice products go you should get great results from them, I use the complete line and I have no complaints....:roorrip:...:nicethread:

Hey thanks! I am starting to noticing the lower leaves turning yellow with purple stems. I'm thinking the plants may have a mg or p deficiency, not too sure.

I'm not sure what may be causing that, but one thing about the Earth Juice line of products is that they are not designed to stop using the grow formula during flowering, I start using the grow at the beginning at 5ml to a gallon of water and slowly increase it to a maximum of 10ml and leave it at that until the finish. When changing to the bloom I start with 5ml in the first week of flowering then I go to 10ml in the second and third week, work up to 15ml by the fourth week then increase to 20ml until finish and like I said this is in conjunction with the grow formula. Now the catalyst I start out in the first week with 5ml and keep it at that for the first 3 weeks, week 4 I increase to 7.5ml , week 5,6, and 7 I use 10ml then back it back down to 5ml for weeks 8 & 9. The molasses I start at week 3 using 5ml through to week 6 then I increase it to 10ml up to the finish. Using an airstone and premixing your nutrients will definitely increase your results with these nutrients. I also use a product called Hygrozyme with the Earth Juice starting with 2.5ml at week 3 and increase it to 5ml by week 5 and continue to use it at that strength until week 10...DO NOT ADD THE Hygrozyme when premixing the Earth Juice add it right before use. Use this formula and you will get outstanding results...:roorrip:

One thing that I neglected to mention is the use of Earth Juice microblast, I start in week 1 with 5ml and keep it the same through the entire grow. I have been using this formula for years and the plants love it. The thing with Earth Juice products is that they are designed as a nutrient system and if used properly the results are unbelievable. I made the mistake as you did when I first started using them and discontinued the grow formula during flowering and leaves started yellowing and dropping like crazy, that is when I found out the proper way to use it, I am not quite sure why it is designed to continue using the grow throughout the entire grow but the people at Earth Juice have it down to a science and they are where I picked that tip up at, at first I just assumed it was a marketing ploy to sell more product but after trying it I was made a believer. I also used it at first by mixing it straight out of the bottle but after setting up a bucket and mixing it in advance using the airstone, just keep a lid on the bucket and drill a hole for your airline, it somehow transforms the mixture into somewhat of a totally different product. It is definitely in your best interest to invest in the airstone and go this extra step, take my word for it you will be amazed....I hope this information is helpful to you and if you have any questions feel free to ask, if I can answer them I will be happy to...Enjoy my friend...:roorrip:

I'm not sure what may be causing that, but one thing about the Earth Juice line of products is that they are not designed to stop using the grow formula during flowering, I start using the grow at the beginning at 5ml to a gallon of water and slowly increase it to a maximum of 10ml and leave it at that until the finish. When changing to the bloom I start with 5ml in the first week of flowering then I go to 10ml in the second and third week, work up to 15ml by the fourth week then increase to 20ml until finish and like I said this is in conjunction with the grow formula. Now the catalyst I start out in the first week with 5ml and keep it at that for the first 3 weeks, week 4 I increase to 7.5ml , week 5,6, and 7 I use 10ml then back it back down to 5ml for weeks 8 & 9. The molasses I start at week 3 using 5ml through to week 6 then I increase it to 10ml up to the finish. Using an airstone and premixing your nutrients will definitely increase your results with these nutrients. I also use a product called Hygrozyme with the Earth Juice starting with 2.5ml at week 3 and increase it to 5ml by week 5 and continue to use it at that strength until week 10...DO NOT ADD THE Hygrozyme when premixing the Earth Juice add it right before use. Use this formula and you will get outstanding results...:roorrip:

One thing that I neglected to mention is the use of Earth Juice microblast, I start in week 1 with 5ml and keep it the same through the entire grow. I have been using this formula for years and the plants love it. The thing with Earth Juice products is that they are designed as a nutrient system and if used properly the results are unbelievable. I made the mistake as you did when I first started using them and discontinued the grow formula during flowering and leaves started yellowing and dropping like crazy, that is when I found out the proper way to use it, I am not quite sure why it is designed to continue using the grow throughout the entire grow but the people at Earth Juice have it down to a science and they are where I picked that tip up at, at first I just assumed it was a marketing ploy to sell more product but after trying it I was made a believer. I also used it at first by mixing it straight out of the bottle but after setting up a bucket and mixing it in advance using the airstone, just keep a lid on the bucket and drill a hole for your airline, it somehow transforms the mixture into somewhat of a totally different product. It is definitely in your best interest to invest in the airstone and go this extra step, take my word for it you will be amazed....I hope this information is helpful to you and if you have any questions feel free to ask, if I can answer them I will be happy to...Enjoy my friend...:roorrip:

Hey thanks for this! So then it appears that I am using too much nutes too soon. Not too mention that I also am using FFOF soil (3 scoops and the rest promix/5gal bucket). Should I use just water next feeding or just a toned down version of what I'm doing and also mix in the microblast all the way through.

Hey thanks! I am starting to noticing the lower leaves turning yellow with purple stems. I'm thinking the plants may have a mg or p deficiency, not too sure.

Mg deficiency usually starts in the middle of the plant and begins by interveinal chlorosis. If you don't have a well established micro-herd in your soil, you will need to bubble the EJ nutrients as these nutes will drop the PH to an extremely low level starting off which could be causing you some lockout problems (My starting water PH is around 8.0 and EJ drops it all the way to 3.7). Bubbling the EJ for 24 hours or longer will bring the PH up to a better level. You can also use sol-po-mag at a rate of 1 tsp per gallon (best to grind it up in a coffee grinder first to get it to dissolve) to help mitigate Mg deficiencies especially at the onset of flowering.

Hey thanks for this! So then it appears that I am using too much nutes too soon. Not too mention that I also am using FFOF soil (3 scoops and the rest promix/5gal bucket). Should I use just water next feeding or just a toned down version of what I'm doing and also mix in the microblast all the way through.

I would just start using the airstone to bubble your nutrient solution and I would start it out at about 1/2 the strength I gave you directions for and yes I would start the microblast as soon as possible. I do not think you will have any problems due to your use of FFOF because I custom blend my own soil and my ingredients are very similar to theirs and I have never had a problem with it. Feed the soil and in return the soil will feed your plants. Earth Juice products for me have always worked well in a diluted form used every time you water. The Earth Juice will really get the microbial activity going in your soil and your plants will grow huge, also the microblast works very quickly and it should be added to your mix as soon as possible...:goodluck:...and keep me posted on how things work out for you, just start with a dilute solution and work up to the levels I gave you...:roorrip:

Thanks for your help Insane and WMDmountainIG. I need to readjust my nute schedule..

Here are some pictures of the issues I'm having at the start of week 3:
IMG_09823.jpg

IMG_09837.jpg

IMG_09815.jpg

IMG_09776.jpg

IMG_09763.jpg

IMG_09754.jpg

I see what you mean and it looks like some type of deficiency. How often do you water? Some of the pics almost have that droopy look of an over watered plant. But my plants did have leaves that yellowed and dropped like yours did when I cut out the Earth Juice Grow. Start your Microblast and readjust your nutes and the problem should go away. Also go over your plants very well and make sure that you do not have some kind of an unwanted pest. But I think a change to diluted nutes and a new feeding schedule should cure your problem...Good Luck and let me know how things turn out...:roorrip:

The SLH seems to have taken a beaten with nutes. All the main fan leaves have turned yellow and fallen off. So I flushed and only fed water for the past 2 weeks. I'm going to start feeding less frequently and will be mixing/brew 1 TBSP Grow, 1 TBSP Bloom, 1 tsp Microblast, 1 tsp Molasses with 3 gallons of water. The PH of the tea drops to 4 (even after 24hrs), so I add 1.5 tsp of ej ph up; resulting with PH 6.8

The PE was pushed into 12/12 last night and fed with the above recipe.

SLH:
IMG_10055.jpg

IMG_10045.jpg

IMG_10036.jpg

Pineapple Express and SLH:
IMG_10016.jpg

IMG_10026.jpg

Just looking at your new pics and your new growth looks nice and healthy, looks like you are getting some nice bud formation, just be patient and keep doing what your doing and you should be fine, I have seen plants look a lot worse than yours do and they survived and did fine. Whatever you are doing now seems to be working. Unfortunately some strains are more sensitive to nutrients than others and require a lighter feeding schedule, the only way to figure this out is to grow the plants and get familiar with them and then you can dial them into whatever works for that plant. That is the reason I always start with a very dilute solution and then if I have to add to it I can, You can always add nutes but it is almost always to late if you overdue it to fix it because you can't take the nutes back as easy as you can add them. Anyway your plants are looking good and looks like they are getting better so good job...:roorrip:

Just looking at your new pics and your new growth looks nice and healthy, looks like you are getting some nice bud formation, just be patient and keep doing what your doing and you should be fine, I have seen plants look a lot worse than yours do and they survived and did fine. Whatever you are doing now seems to be working. Unfortunately some strains are more sensitive to nutrients than others and require a lighter feeding schedule, the only way to figure this out is to grow the plants and get familiar with them and then you can dial them into whatever works for that plant. That is the reason I always start with a very dilute solution and then if I have to add to it I can, You can always add nutes but it is almost always to late if you overdue it to fix it because you can't take the nutes back as easy as you can add them. Anyway your plants are looking good and looks like they are getting better so good job...:roorrip:

Hey thanks. Yeah, I'm thinking that it was a combination of only being in veg for 2 1/2 weeks, over nuted with ej and fox farms ocean forest. Next feeding will be less nutes. Thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom