SLH & Pineapple Express

hey guy looking good !!!!
nice colas !!!!! :slide:

wow dude those are some nice lookin plants good job!

Thanks. But they got pretty messed up with what I think may be "Earth Juice ph up." I've tried everything that I can think of. Water ph is 6.28 with 33ppm before adding earth juice nutes. After adding nutes and bubbling it for 24 hrs, the ph is 4.2 and 400ppm. So I would add earth juice ph up to achieve ph 6.5. But the ppm would then shoot up to 900+pmm.

So the stems turn purple, leaves would turn yellow and die when ever I would feed with that mix. I've even had it happen with the following nute amount. 1 tsp for grow, bloom, meta, molasses and micro mixed (used ej ph up till 6.5) with 4 gallons of water; and the symptoms still get worse. If I water with plain water and no nutes, the plants didn't get any worse.

Last watering I brewed a batch of nutes for 24 hrs using (per plant):
1 tsp grow
1 tsp bloom
1 tsp mico
1 tsp meta
1 tsp molasses
@ 1 gallon
ph4.1

But I also added 4 TBSP of dolomite on top of the soil and spread it around. Then fed the plants, with no earth juice ph up, and they seem to be turning around and getting better now.

Here's a pic update, SLH: Week 8 start, PE: Week 3 start

IMG_10267.jpg

IMG_10258.jpg

IMG_10247.jpg

IMG_10238.jpg

IMG_10227.jpg

IMG_10216.jpg

Some times potting soils can come a little to fortified. Depending on strain it might be harmful or fatal to use them. For example the "haze" type plants are light feeders and being sativas they like a ph closer to 7 than 5 or 6. Changeing your PH drasticly can be devestating to your plants so you might want to change it up slow. For every 1.0 on the ph scale there is a x100 increase or decrease.

Maybe you need to flush. I do every other week. Do some research on toxic salt build up. I would use water at PH5.8-6.8/ 400ppm/ 20 degrees C. Flush with about twice as much water than your grow cantainers capacity. Keep in mind all three PH,TEMP, and PPM all effect what nutrients are available to your plants and how much of each is also effected by these three factors. Test the runoff water, when it reads the same as the water that you are putting in then the problem will be fixed.

Nutrient quality is just as, if not more important as quantity used. You get what you pay for. Advanced Nutrients is the best. Its mostly my oppinion but its been proven time and time again. Atami Beecuzz and Ducht Masters are getting better as well. You can do your own research online and at home.

Also make sure you are letting your pots dry out enough between watering. Roots NEED oxygen.

Looks like you're going to get a decent haul from these ladies.

Well done, sir. I can't wait to see the harvest.

Some times potting soils can come a little to fortified. Depending on strain it might be harmful or fatal to use them. For example the "haze" type plants are light feeders and being sativas they like a ph closer to 7 than 5 or 6. Changeing your PH drasticly can be devestating to your plants so you might want to change it up slow. For every 1.0 on the ph scale there is a x100 increase or decrease.

Maybe you need to flush. I do every other week. Do some research on toxic salt build up. I would use water at PH5.8-6.8/ 400ppm/ 20 degrees C. Flush with about twice as much water than your grow cantainers capacity. Keep in mind all three PH,TEMP, and PPM all effect what nutrients are available to your plants and how much of each is also effected by these three factors. Test the runoff water, when it reads the same as the water that you are putting in then the problem will be fixed.

Nutrient quality is just as, if not more important as quantity used. You get what you pay for. Advanced Nutrients is the best. Its mostly my oppinion but its been proven time and time again. Atami Beecuzz and Ducht Masters are getting better as well. You can do your own research online and at home.

Also make sure you are letting your pots dry out enough between watering. Roots NEED oxygen.

Hey thanks for the info. I wish I could of flushed them, but I was using organic nutes Earth Juice. I don't think I'll be using it again. I had such a hard time getting a handle on all the issues, the yield and quality really suffered. So I'm going back to FoxFarm.

Looks like you're going to get a decent haul from these ladies.

Well done, sir. I can't wait to see the harvest.

haha, looks are deceiving my friend; but thanks. I only yielded 2.5 oz from 3 SLH

Hey, i have a super lemon haze feminized seed from them. I'll be sticking around to see how things turn out . Stay safe man

Good luck with yours. Out of the 3 seeds I germ'ed...1 turned out to be a brolic monster, despite the nute issues. I wish I cloned it, it would have been a perfect mother plant.

Due to my lack of ability to properly use the Earth Juice products, I only yielded 2.5 oz total. 1 plant was a total waste and was donated to "scrap leaves to be used as bubble hash" pile.

I also just chopped the Pineapple Express, the ladies finished in only 7 weeks. I'll post some pictures of those soon.

Here are some pictures of the Super Lemon Haze harvest:
photo_3_9.JPG

photo_2_10.JPG

photo69.JPG

And final cured version(they have purple colors):
photo_4_4.JPG

SLH dosent like a lot of nutes she burns easy.FFOF has pretty much every thing you need. i transplant from planters pride pellet,to one gallon,to 3 gallon, using FFOF only.
The added soil adds enuff till 9 weeks and i harvest.

I am gonna try to add some TigerBloom at about 6 weeks 1 teaspoon per gallon to see what happens.

Im on my 8th go round with this killer strain i recomend it to Everyone.

hey, hopefully someone can help me.

SLH also. i've been useing grow and bloom in flowering. But still have yellowing lower leaves and red stems just like in your pictures. Except on my yellowing leaves there is brown/grayish rust spots covering 1/4 of the yellow leaves.

I am definetly over feeding, and going to use WMDMountain's feeding schedule. but a have a few questions

after bubbling EJ for 24/48 hrs i also do not adjust ph. I am useing 100% fox farm ocean forest, with no added lime. but i am worried about ph. should i add lime or should i be good.

sorry to post again. but im only 2nd week of flowering and trying to get things back on track.

As i said above, my leaves are in worse shape then yours. i fed 15ml each of grow,bloom, and catalyst. Then shit hit the fan. lol.

was it the added lime and diluted mix that really turned things around for you? or what?

Just got a bunch of seeds today. So I just dropped a "Short Stuff Seeds - Blue Himalaya Diesel Feminized" in a glass of water. I plan on just letting it grow under the t5 veg light of 18/6. We'll see what happens

I just finished a freebie of Blue H - very nice! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

I'm along for the ride - starting SLH in a few days. Love the LST shots.

BTW - any reason you're using 5 gal pots? I thought in my next grow I would do fewer plants in larger pots so I am curious.

:goodluck:
:peace:

Hi this guy
Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too!
:cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom