Bagseed: no such thing as dirt weed?

Tokist

i've seen a few people proclaim (i think racefan is the one who sticks out foremost) that there is no such thing as "mid-grade" weed. it's only mid-grade because of how it was cured, harvested, etc.

which is to suggest that even the mexican red-hair dirt weed is only as such because of the way it was treated, correct?

in any case, the only seeds i have access to are texas bagseed. i'd buy some but i would be real pissed if i spent XXX dollars on seeds and none of them were viable due to my brown thumb.

so, if racefan is truly serious that all weed is teh awes0mer as long as it's take care of, then i'll try the tx bagseed.

my only other concern is that i've heard a bunch of stories about how the weed is cured in mexico; makes the seeds not viable. unfortunately, i'm in portland and what little pot i've been able to come across HAS NO SEEDS. my buddy who grows up in bc, canada is too scared to send me any. so another friend of a friend down in tx is my only option.

so... anyone in tx that has used bagseed with any success? i recall back in the day someone told me about the paper towl germination trick and i tried it but nothing happened. but then there's the story about the pot plant growin in the driveway in a tx summer with no water but the runoff from the dishwasher....

k, i'll shut-up now.

jiz

Seeds from crappy buds always produce better plants and buds when your the grower. A little individual attention and TLC goes a long way, and this was exactly what was not paid to the plants that produced the "brick weed". :peace:

I grew from bagseed as well as ordered seeds last summer and although the stuff I ordered was a bit nicer (coated in sparkly thc glands and smelled outragous) the bagseed turned out amazing as well, better than any herb youll buy because that stuffs been handled so much it dries out and all the crystals fall off and as RooR said it doesnt get the love your homegrown gets. As for curing, I kept my herbals in airtight jars and didnt notice a big difference in potency just mostly in interesting smells,flavor, and it became less harsh. So basicly Bagseed is the word, specially if youv never grown before and you never know what ur gunna get. O and the paper tower works well or if your lazy like me you can just throw all your seeds in a glass of water(distilled preforably) overnight. Sorry for the rant hope you find it usefull

I am not so sure RF said there is no such thing as mid-grade weed. But anyway, I agree with the TLC and cure and all that. But if you got bad genetics, it's gonna suck. You can make it suck less, but it will suck. Smoke a hemp bud and you will know low grade. Smoke some Haze and you will know high grade, and there is a lot right in the middle.

I am not so sure RF said there is no such thing as mid-grade weed. But anyway, I agree with the TLC and cure and all that. But if you got bad genetics, it's gonna suck. You can make it suck less, but it will suck. Smoke a hemp bud and you will know low grade. Smoke some Haze and you will know high grade, and there is a lot right in the middle.

i bet he did. i think it was in a ww/braz haze grow log, but im not inclined to go look.

but i pretty much quoted him verbatim when i said "there's no such thing as mid-grade weed". just tried a forum search, but no dice. too many small words i guess.

im sure the mexican red hair (what strain are they ACTUALLY using down in mexico? anyone know?) will suck balls compared to white widow or og kush. but it's my first grow and i dont wanna waste my inexperience on expensive seeds ;)

jiz

The more plants they grow in the wild the way they do, the more specialized the genetics become to the environment. If the environment does not lead the plant to high THC production, but rather, say, high temperature tolerance, then you get great heat tolerant weed, with a low THC content. In cooler climates, the opposite occurs. In windy areas, you get less sticky plants, in calmer zones much more resin. These are all products of natural genetics, and can take years and many generations of plants to occur. The same is true if you try and breed these traits out.

So I guess it will always be high grade weed if you take care of it, just high grade in some aspects, and not so high grade in others.

im sure the mexican red hair (what strain are they ACTUALLY using down in mexico? anyone know?) will suck balls compared to white widow or og kush. but it's my first grow and i dont wanna waste my inexperience on expensive seeds ;)

jiz

Hiya jimwort,
Dude :smokin: just throw some seeds into the ground or whatever you want to try for a medium and if you need some help the fantastic brothers and sisters here will HELP answer any of your questions. As I said on my own thread 1st Grow in 30 yrs 12/12 HPS from Seed

EDITED
"I have been put on the "growing shelf" for a looooonnnnnngggggg time What happens when something is shelfed and then come back to it? I myself start with my past knowledge and apply it to current technologies.

We can read all we want but like it or not until we put our hands in the dirt and actually grow something you never learn "applied knowledge". I think most people would agree that "experience is the mother of learning"

I am the type of person that once I start something I dedicate myself to seeing it through unless some unknown variable happens. Then I rethink, revise and use my "applied knowledge" to gain a better experience."

Here is what you need:
1. Learn by action and experience.
2. DEDICATION: The biggest part of of doing anything is dedicating yourself to it.
3. And the key to it all, :partyboy::goof:HAVE FUN WITH THE EXPERIENCE:goof::partyboy:

There are ALWAYS the possibilities of BUNK SH*T "if you put garbage in your getting garbage out." BUT, in saying that if you know your "erb" the whole difference between trash and stash is more than likely the grow and cure.

:peace: BROTHER,
Old Skool

i've seen a few people proclaim (i think racefan is the one who sticks out foremost) that there is no such thing as "mid-grade" weed. it's only mid-grade because of how it was cured, harvested, etc.

which is to suggest that even the mexican red-hair dirt weed is only as such because of the way it was treated, correct?

in any case, the only seeds i have access to are texas bagseed. i'd buy some but i would be real pissed if i spent XXX dollars on seeds and none of them were viable due to my brown thumb.

so, if racefan is truly serious that all weed is teh awes0mer as long as it's take care of, then i'll try the tx bagseed.

my only other concern is that i've heard a bunch of stories about how the weed is cured in mexico; makes the seeds not viable. unfortunately, i'm in portland and what little pot i've been able to come across HAS NO SEEDS. my buddy who grows up in bc, canada is too scared to send me any. so another friend of a friend down in tx is my only option.

so... anyone in tx that has used bagseed with any success? i recall back in the day someone told me about the paper towl germination trick and i tried it but nothing happened. but then there's the story about the pot plant growin in the driveway in a tx summer with no water but the runoff from the dishwasher....

k, i'll shut-up now.

jiz

Whats up jiz, I just started a grow log with some schwag bagseed that probably came from Texas. You might want to check it out. I'm just a skip and a hop north from there. The smoke was good but still schwag. I've started small OPs in the past and got well into the seedling stage with schwag seed. But this is my first official grow that I plan to finish if all goes well...with the help of these guys from 420 Mag.:clap:

Props to all the grow gurus:adore:

Hiya jimwort,
Dude :smokin: just throw some seeds into the ground or whatever you want to try for a medium and if you need some help the fantastic brothers and sisters here will HELP answer any of your questions. As I said on my own thread <a href="1st Grow in 30 yrs 12/12 HPS from Seed"> 1st grow in 30 yrs 12/12 HPS from seed</a>

EDITED
"I have been put on the "growing shelf" for a looooonnnnnngggggg time What happens when something is shelfed and then come back to it? I myself start with my past knowledge and apply it to current technologies.

We can read all we want but like it or not until we put our hands in the dirt and actually grow something you never learn "applied knowledge". I think most people would agree that "experience is the mother of learning"

I am the type of person that once I start something I dedicate myself to seeing it through unless some unknown variable happens. Then I rethink, revise and use my "applied knowledge" to gain a better experience."

Here is what you need:
1. Learn by action and experience.
2. DEDICATION: The biggest part of of doing anything is dedicating yourself to it.
3. And the key to it all, :partyboy::goof:HAVE FUN WITH THE EXPERIENCE:goof::partyboy:

There are ALWAYS the possibilities of BUNK SH*T "if you put garbage in your getting garbage out." BUT, in saying that if you know your "erb" the whole difference between trash and stash is more than likely the grow and cure.

:peace: BROTHER,
Old Skool

hey man, i know the quote ;) i read your thread all the way last night. i'm seriously considering a 12/12 grow myself, but on a smaller scale. maybe with two or three plants. and ill probably be using cfl's, money's kinda tight at the moment :(

im sure 130 bucks is a good deal for an HID, but i just dont have that money to invest right now.

but yeah, seeds in the ground all over the back of the apt building where im gonna be stayin man. plus a few indoors. i should be smokin one way or another ;)

peace!

jiz

The more plants they grow in the wild the way they do, the more specialized the genetics become to the environment. If the environment does not lead the plant to high THC production, but rather, say, high temperature tolerance, then you get great heat tolerant weed, with a low THC content. In cooler climates, the opposite occurs. In windy areas, you get less sticky plants, in calmer zones much more resin. These are all products of natural genetics, and can take years and many generations of plants to occur. The same is true if you try and breed these traits out.

So I guess it will always be high grade weed if you take care of it, just high grade in some aspects, and not so high grade in others.

that's some good info, preciate it boss :)

I have grown out some of the "dreaded" Oaxacan sativa. Short, bushy, and very dark green, like an Afghani. But it flowers like a pure sativa. It takes more than 6 months to flower properly, and does not do well indoors because of the low UVA/UVB output of HID lighting. I chopped mine after 6 months. If you are gonna grow odo I would say go for it. Indoors, dont waste your time. A pack of nirvana seeds are only 30$, from a certain "medical professional" thats based in the UK. He does ship to the US no matter what the website says. If you use a credit or debit card you usually get your seeds in 7-10 days. It does not say "cannabis seeds" on your statement or anything like that, and arrives discretely. Best thing you can do is start with decent seeds, so you wont waste your time. You will know what the end result will be.

The only genetics ive ever had success with are the mexican brick strains. grown properly and cured thoroghly it was some of the best i have ever smoked.

Back
Top Bottom