Bagseed - Purple Kush CFL Stealth Closet Grow

stickyganja

Okay, so this is my very first grow ever. I have done extensive research on growing indoors and various techniques. I found some seeds in some dank purple kush I had and thought I would give it a try. I started them under one weak 27 watt cfl and got minimal growth. Then moved it under a stronger 60 watt flood light and got a little more growth out of it. When I started to see that the plants were actually growing I decided to take it serious and invest about 300$ into it. I made a cheap little set up with a grey storage tub and car reflectors around for light reflection and I also got 6 150 watt cfls 6700k lumens.

They have now been in Veg for roughly about 5 weeks due to lack of light in the beginning stages they are not that big but still very beautiful (I think). They are Low Stress training and all three have been topped. They are growing in Fox farm ocean forest foil and the only nutes I am giving my plants is the Fox farm grow big. I am going to buy there big bloom product when i switch to flowering. How much longer till i should flower guys? Do I need more lights? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated as like I said this is my very first grow! Thank you guys and stay irie :peace:

Thanks guys!!!

They look good! :thumb:
You will need some more lights for flowering they should be 2700k they give off more of an orange color. Your going to want to get a fan in there too. If you dont already have one.

:blunt:

They look good! :thumb:
You will need some more lights for flowering they should be 2700k they give off more of an orange color. Your going to want to get a fan in there too. If you dont already have one.

:blunt:

Thanks, yeah I plan on swithcing them over to flowering in a bout a week or so depending on growth what do you think? I switched out one of the blue bulbs for one of the yellow 2700 k today my ratio is 5 (5000k) 150 watt cfls and 1 100 watt 2700k cfl. total of 11000 and some change lumens for 3 three plants. How many bulbs do you think ill need to add when flowering? will 6 not be enough?

Thanks man :thumb:

good luck on your grow man. your questions on light is more light is always better, but the amount of light you give them directly affects their growth. Less light means less energy to grow. So if you can afford it its always worth it to buy more light. I use 400w cfl actual wattage for my three plants and they do very decent. Thats around 50-55k lumen. And for flowering its all up to the grower, I flowered mine roughly 5-6 weeks in, and im now 3-4 weeks into flower and plants have grown tremendously.One went from 15" to 35" in 3 weeks

you should have a 3:1 red to blue bulbs. it really depends on how much your expecting to yeild. of course more is better!:thumb:

okay thanks a lot! I am trying to yeild atleast a few O's to stash and smoke on since I am a college patient and prices and money along with school fees build up. Any ideas if these could produce that? also im starting to notice these hairs coming off of the plant. Its still in veg but i was researching and preflowering came up.

thanks again man much appreciated!

oh my! they pretty much doubled if not tripled in size! Im thinking about flowering soon do you think ill need to repot them or will these containers be good? i think there 1 gallon pots

yeah Ill probably transfer them to 3 gallon pots, also i was wondering is it okay to start cutting some leaf tips off to let more light in to some of the smaller growths? or should i wait?

I typically just bend leaves out of the way. The leaves are the"nuclear reactors" of plants, they create the energy for growth. But IMO taking a few leaves will increase the plants need to grow more to make up for its loss while still being able to create plenty of energy.

I typically just bend leaves out of the way. The leaves are the"nuclear reactors" of plants, they create the energy for growth. But IMO taking a few leaves will increase the plants need to grow more to make up for its loss while still being able to create plenty of energy.

alright I get what your saying, one of my plants had a few yellow shrivled up leafs so i yanked them off a few hours ago it looks like it likes it so far its coming up and looks happy. Also im spraying my leafs like three times a day with a mister once in the am, mid day, and pm. is that okay? my plants dont really seem to mind it. Also when a pot begins to dry quickly after you water it does that mean its time to transfer pots or is it okay in there for a few more days. Im transferring regardless just dont want to damage my roots

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom