Ballast question

delightgro

I have a thunder 600 digital ballast. At the end of my last stage the hps would shut itself on and off. Seemed like as soon as it was fired all the way up it would shut down and just keep repeating. Is the ballast shot? It is currently running the mh at full blast. I am planning on buying a better ballast as it is so can someone tell me what i should look into

I'll take a shot but prob the starter Hps ballast use a starter MH(well non pulse start) do not
This is not digital ballast though old magnetic
Prob replaceable,
But if it was me I'd replace the ballast

If you google hps schematic, kolmart will come up check the drawing out it has all three type shown
I would post hyperlink but they are not a sponsor

Hope that helps
:peace:

Sorry man not really I changed to LED
I use to just run Apollo off amazon but they don't get much love can't say I had a prob with mine

I had 2 thunder 600 watt ballast's. One went out after 2 years. Gave them a call and they said send it in. I got a call a couple of days later telling me they didn't have any 600's in stock and didn't know if they were getting any more. They offered and sent a 1000 watt as a replacement. They work really well with good bulbs!

That's what they told me as well. I am waiting on a new bulb to arrive so i can figure out if it was just the bulb or actually the ballast

Back
Top Bottom