Barbecue sauce with a difference, made with roaches - really power - really tasty!

Zimbo 63

Hi all

I'm really a seat of the pants type cook/chef - whatever, you know, the guy that cuts his fingers while chopping garlic and gets burned turning burgers and steaks with his fingers - him. So forgive me if this isn't a professionally laid out thing, even I make it differently every time but it's always tasty!

You will need, onions - lots of onions, chopped or cut into rings or both. Garlic - at least a whole head, chopped. Tomatoes/tomato paste/ketchup. Green/red peppers - chopped. Chilli peppers to taste - chopped (I like orange Habaneros) and of course roaches - lots of those too (unless you mix your smoke with tobacco - eeeeugh!) ground, and separated from the papers... ;-)

Cooking oil, cannabutter - something to fry in. Chicken/onion/mushroom soup powder, English mustard/ginger/horseradish and ketchup/sugar.

Black pepper, salt and spices to your liking. (I use paprika)

Whilst many people might try to camouflage the taste of the roaches, this recipe actually makes that a kind of "feature" and it's done with something called "Liquid Smoke" again, to taste (I like mesquite)

How I do it....if you get it, you got it and can do it like you do too.

Put your oil in a large pan and heat it up, throw in some chopped onions, the garlic and your ground up roaches. Let that fry for a bit until the onions start to brown, put in your chopped peppers and spices.

Add the liquid smoke - to taste - one/two capfuls.

Let that fry for a while and add more onions. Let the whole mixture simmer (low heat) until it's browning.

Add the soup powder - I use a teaspoon for every three onions (small/med) or so, this will help thicken it as well as add taste.

Add more onions and again, let them brown - this process will "reduce" your onions as they lose moisture.

Add some tomato paste/ketchup and mustard to taste and any other spices you may like.

Add more onions - brown them, add more onions - brown them etc.

Your sauce is ready, you can blend it, or leave it chunky - enjoy.

Whoever that/those moderator/s is/are, that keep/s moving my posts to the correct forum - thank you, yours is a thankless task performed in the background.

I apologise for putting my stuff in the wrong place - promise I'll get the hang of it all,one day!!

Oh neat.... I save my roaches for rainy days if I can keep the gf from smoking them all 😂.....man shes off.... prefers roaches over fresh nugz :hmmmm: .

Any way, I too like barbecue and I cook here and there....so this has sparked my interest... I'm not a huge fan of edibles cuz it taste like weed.... If I go for a brownie...dammit I want to taste brownie not green lol but the smokey flavor might be right on point..

Have you tried it in other things like chili or soup? Sorry got my mind running on what would compliment the smokey herbs.

Did you get buzz from it or is it just for taste?

Try making a tincture with booze and keif. Use a tasty booze. Most people will use Everclear which tastes like rocket fuel mixed with ass. Lower proof "drinker's booze" works just as well and tastes better. Then mix that with something like lemonade. 10ml of tincture in 500ml of drink is quite powerful and it doesn't taste bad at all. You could sneak that tincture into a lot of recipes and probably wouldn't notice much taste.

I only use edibles for medicinal purposes. Like when my whole body gets sore. Take 10-20ml of tincture and it's a short drive to comfy town. Feels like my whole sore body is getting a massage. It cures normal body aches easily. It even cured pulled muscles in my hand. An actual injury. I couldn't flex my fingers without major pain. Took 30ml of tincture before bed and my hand was flexible without major pain the next day. The day after that, it was healed. Cannabis miracle !!

Don't drink, but thanks, good tip for those that do....

Oh neat.... I save my roaches for rainy days if I can keep the gf from smoking them all 😂.....man shes off.... prefers roaches over fresh nugz :hmmmm: .

Any way, I too like barbecue and I cook here and there....so this has sparked my interest... I'm not a huge fan of edibles cuz it taste like weed.... If I go for a brownie...dammit I want to taste brownie not green lol but the smokey flavor might be right on point..

Have you tried it in other things like chili or soup? Sorry got my mind running on what would compliment the smokey herbs.

Did you get buzz from it or is it just for taste?
Dude, the more roaches you put in, the more of a buzz you get!!!

Yes, I put it into a lot of things, mostly brownies though - but when I make them, you can't taste it....

We did pancakes once, a whole lot of straight people got stoned and they never knew why...

Was very young then, wouldn't do that now.

I used to eat the roach when I was a broke status kid that struggled to find weed.

Thank goodness my roach eating days are over.

So I'm gonna have to pass on making this roach BBQ sauce. :bongrip:
I used to eat roaches too, when I was a kid, I did it when I was homeless too, and I still do it now.

Best bang for the buck you'd throw away - ever.

That's where all the juice is... ;-)

Hi my friend here are the pics I mentioned in the pm,
20230128_095633.jpg
20230128_095810.jpg
day 51 of flower.
4 to 6 weeks to go 4 plants.

Beeyooootiful!

Back
Top Bottom