Bat Guano for Organic Indoor Gardening w/RooRman

Also guys, make sure you pH test your water BEFORE you add your guano to it, otherwise the nutrients may end up being "locked out". Sometimes hot water pipes can contain calcified lime that can set the pH balance way off. If you cannot use the warm water that comes from your tap because of this then use cold water and I suggest warming it (NOT heating it, or boiling it) on the stove or in the microwave. Make sure the pH of your water is right before you add your guano for best results.

It just so happens that my water is decent right from the tap, your results may vary espescially if you have city water.

I thought mychorrhizal was a fungus? I have seen fetilizers containing colonies of this fungus and was wondering if Iguana Juice contained this, and I suppose not seeing as you said it doesn't.

You're absolutely right RR, my mistake.
I had them confused with something else that lives in healthy soils, the name of which escapes me at the time.
I'll try to nail down that name.

But back to your original Q: Iguana juice (and as far as I know no liquid nute) contains no mychorrizae. Fox Farms Ocean and Forest Potting soil has them, as does one of Fox Farms Peace Of Mind powdered fertilizer products.

Im interested in the Jamaican Bat Guano section.

You said you add fox farms tiger bloom at 1/2 strength with it. Why do you do this and what do you mean 1/2 strength? Half the recommended dosage?

One last thing, do you buy these different types of guano online? Where?

Im interested in the Jamaican Bat Guano section.

You said you add fox farms tiger bloom at 1/2 strength with it. Why do you do this and what do you mean 1/2 strength? Half the recommended dosage?

One last thing, do you buy these different types of guano online? Where?

Tiger Bloom is at max strength at 4 tsp. per 1 gal. of water. So half strength would be 2 tsp. per 1 gal. of water. I then add 2-3 tbls. of Jamaican Bat Guano. I do this because Tiger Bloom encourages multiple budsites to form and also gives the plant more potassium, which the Jamaican Bat Guano is not very rich in.

Worm's Way - Gardening Products, Supplies, Service, Support, and Knowledge Base for all your hydroponics, indoor, outdoor and organic gardening needs, year 'round! sells the complete line of Sunleaves Bat Guano including the International House of Guano, which contains full size bags (not samples) of all the types of guanos for $29.99 USD. This is where I purchased mine.

Thanks for the link, but I wanted to warn you that the tiger bloom is not completely organic, it is organic based but if you're striving for a completely organic grow then I just wanted to let you know.

I liked your guano information

I was aware that Tiger Bloom is not fully organic. However, if you use it at half strength and flush well before harvest there will be no traces of it in the final product.

so when starting a new grow is it okay to mix the mexican bat crap in with the organic medium....then put da seeds in....then come flowering re-apply some jamaican bat crap to the soil....? Cause everytime i try to use very little and I mean a miniscule (sp.) amount of something like Miracle Grow...a few days later the bottom leaves turn yellow..every time i tried to use the stuff that would happen and i would use the tiniest amount at different stages of the plants life, and I would love to find an organic way to add nutes....my plants are true straight edge and dont like anything chemically introduced to them....at least thats what ive seen.

Yes jackflash, what you described could be a very effective method. Although I prefer to make a "tea" as previously described bat guano can also be used as a time release fert. The tea is easier to apply and you can see results in the short term. Bat guano mixed into the soil will take longer to break down, but as such it also feed the plant for longer. If you do what you described then you will not risk burning the plant at all, unlike when using MG.

Glad to be of assistance. Happy growing! :peace:

Although I did not mention this fact in my orignal post, I feel it should almost go without saying, which is frankly why it was omitted, but I am adding it now for all those people who need to be told "don't try this at home". When working with Bat Guano, it is important to be clean. You are for all intents and purposes dealing with bat sh** which your plants will love, but can make you sick if ingested.

-Always wash your hands before and after touching Bat Guano products or mixing a tea. Do not touch your face, mouth, or eyes during the mixing process or before you have washed up.

-Avoid inhaling the fine dust. Work in a well ventilated area or wear a dust mask if necessary.

Your health and safety is paramount. :peace:

Hey RooRman what's happening,

I was wondering what soil would be good to use with the guano? because i plan on putting clone's straight into flowering.

Pro-mix + perlite?

Hey RooRman what's happening,

I was wondering what soil would be good to use with the guano? because i plan on putting clone's straight into flowering.

Pro-mix + perlite?

Hello ace705,

I prefer to make a custom soil mix as well, and Pro Mix BX Seed and Clone is usually my choice for a good starting point. I then amend the soil with extra perlite, vermiculite, worm castings, and one type of bat guano. My choice of guano for flowering plants is the Jamaican variety.

The looser the soil mix is the easier it will be for the roots to penetrate it. Flowering plants expand their roots very rapidly so a light and airy soil mix is very helpful for their development. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom