Bat Guano for Organic Indoor Gardening w/RooRman

When I first came across "EWC" I was also like WTF. Then I figured it out...lol

Another question for you (or anyone!)..
Rather than making the tea's, have you ever used the guano's as amendments in your
soil recipe and just gave your plants water throughout the grow? I'm just thinking how nice it would be to throw together a veg and bloom soil recipe providing all necessary nutrients without having to mix or measure up anything else! Seems it can be tricky, but I'd like to know if you ever done this or can offer me any more advice on the method.

Oh and the Guano feeding schedule it came with is very easy to use.

I usually mix a little into the soil during the first transplant during veg. and the last transplant (after sex is determined) at the beginning of flowering. I use the Mexican and Jamaican varieties accordingly for this.

Bat guano takes quite a long time to break down in the soil, and the tea helps to curtail this amount of time by chelating it. This makes it more readily available to the plants. Bat guano used as a soil amendment will take a LONG time to fully break down, probably more time then your whole typical grow would take. :peace:

Thanks for the info, I'm a new grower and I have some bat guano I am going to be using on my grow. I havent read the whole post but so far it has been very informative.

Indonesian Bat Guano (0.5-12-0.2) This type of guano is the ultimate low-nitrogen, high-phosphorus bat guano. It is perfectly suited for the end of the flowering cycle before the final flush.
Whats the final flush?? :grinjoint:

...Whats the final flush??

The final flush is the period in which we flush the soil with plain water prior to harvest. It flushes the root zone of excess nutrients, and removes salts/impurities left in the soil that we want to avoid having end up in the finished product.

Flushing before harvest is essential to a clean burning and smooth tasting product. :peace:

how long is the flush before harvesting the crop? btw thanks for the info I have never grown before

how long is the flush before harvesting the crop? btw thanks for the info I have never grown before

It will largely depend on how heavily you feed. Typically, two or three flushings during the last week of flowering is sufficient for most organically fed plants.

Do you flush before harvest

Is the final flush any different from a regular flush like when you go from vegg to bloom?

Not any different really. It is only "final" because we don't intend on feeding the plants any longer, instead they will be harvested. :peace:

Its funny how when I talk about growing to people they think I am a freaking axpert when really you guys are the ones that need the credit, thanks for the info bro.

Goood thread usefull info definitely absorbing this usefull info... ++repss... correct me if im wrong but its good to make a tea with bat guano and use it as regular waterings or when?

RooRman, what do you use to hold the guano in the water? or do you just mox it straight in with the warm water? i ask because Southernweed uses fine hair nets to let the guano be absorbed more slowly.

I mix it straight in, and cut the "tea" made with plain water before feeding.

You can also use a hair net, pillow case, piece of womens stockings, etc. to suspend the guano in the water as you mentioned above.

Goood thread usefull info definitely absorbing this usefull info... ++repss... correct me if im wrong but its good to make a tea with bat guano and use it as regular waterings or when?

When do you use it? You can follow the Sunleaves feeding schedule to give you are rough estimate on frequency of feeding and rate of application.

Of course a little trial and error is always a factor, it's how you learn. :peace:

Glad I found this post. I have been mixing bat in cold water for years, and was always concerned that it was in the bottom of the water bucket when empty. Now I know the rest, of the story. Thanks, skunk

Hey prodo, if you plan on going organic maybe you should read up a little bit more on organics.... Then go read your tiger bloom bottle and tell me what is wrong with this picture..... :smokin:

Be IRIE i don't have the nutes above i was just going off what RooRman wrote at the beginning of this thread, the way RooRman describes he uses the combo specified above
so i just figured it was tryed,tested ant true. I have spent the last two day's reading up on guano's but still have more to read. Can anyone know of a place that will send bat guano to Canada??. Thanks IRIE

heres some info on the topic..

adding guano and aerating it is not doing much other than just applying a nutrient .. but u need much more than that. trace minerals for one..

if u are trying to create a compost type tea with guano, u need to add compost. alaska humus is the best. this creates micro life that will thrive in your soil.. simply by aerating guano this is not achieved to any level that is substantial.

to add trace minerals, use a product called azomite

molasses feeds the bacteria u are now creating, so use only unsulfured blackstrap molasses.

here is what i use:

azomite, kelp, earthworm castings, alaska humus, yucca extract, humic acid, blackstrap molasses (unsulfured), and fish hydrolysate.. dont use fish emulsion, it has higher levels of mercury in it from the fish, and also hydrolysate is ususally lower in nitrogen therefore better to use during flower..

ill use peruvian guano during week 1 of flower. jamacian during the 2nd week, and then on weeks 3-5 i switch to indonesian guano..

always use less than the recommended doses of things.. less is always more.. its always easier to feed more than to correct overfeeding.

azomite - volcanic dust basically.. includes a huge list of trace minerals and micronutrients.. this is very important to maximizing what your plant uptakes and the otherall health of the plant..
kelp - good source of k (potassium) and also helps feed the microherd u are making.
earthworm castings - great for the bacteria, and a good source of n.. remember earthworms are what make good soil great.. so use this always.
alaska humus is the best compost there is.. a must for a wide array of bacteria u are trying to create.
yucca is simply a wetting agent.. helps water the soil evenly.
humic acid aids the breakdown of the organic nutrients.
blackstrap molasses feeds the bacteria and has some other ingredients that are useful to help plant vigor.
fish hydrolysate is good to feed the microherd also.

u can research each additive on your own, but this basic list is what u need to create an amazing compost tea product.

adding mycorrhizal to your soil on transplant around the root zone is good also.. not effective adding it to a tea.

Back
Top Bottom