Beating depression last try

dooxy

Hi :love:

So i have only smoked some weed. When i was in my 16s. I did enjoy it but i never stuck with it. And the simple fact is that. In Sweden where am from hashish is easiest to get. Sold mostly buy a "friend" of a friend. Or you are forced to deal with gangs. And fuck that am now in my 30s. And i don't want any part of that kind of dark side. Also the quality is often shit. And you feel unsure what toxic stuff that is in the product. The taste of burnt rubber when you smoke it. Or the aftertaste of sop with a hint of chemical. No thank you! :)

I am battling life long depression. I lost over 110lbs, i now exercise in a martial art called bjj. I eat a plant-based-diet. To reduce depression and it has helped a lot. I do not believe in hard drugs from the doctor. So i friend that overcame cancer told me to look in to weed. So that i could reduce stress, because it has burnt me out several times. Each time its harder to comeback. Also it is harder to hold on to life.

So i want to give growing a chance. I have no experience, i can hardly roll a joint and i know is illegal where am from. So my goal now is to try to get more knowledge. But also just to get in to it. What to buy or what strain to pick and so on.

This is my "checklist" of question/topics i am asking myself and trying to cover atm.

1. Stealth grow box or something. I need to be like a chest high or smaller. So i can hide it.
2. Find a anti depressive strain that can and auto plant that fits in small space. I have read that this plants are easy to grow.
3. LED seems to be the new thing i know its expensive. i have cash saved. I don't put a price tag on my life.
Apparently it superior to small grows, and heat issue?
4. Plug and play is the name of the game! Am not an hardcore grower i want to grow my medicine. And go on with life.
5. DWC seem hard to some degree. But just checking PH, and change water every two week don't seem that hard? I know its more to it probebly. But that is what i know so far.
6. I said money is not an issue. But hell 2000$ i still a lot for SuperFlower 3.0 LED Grow Cabinet. So if i can get away with a budget alternative why not.

Am not even sure where to start i just know what with my depression. reading 1000 of page to get started is not what i want. :p

Thanks

Best regards
Dooxy

Yeah it's hard to know where to start. There's no way to get around having to do a shitload of reading The good thing is- with any luck it becomes all-consuming fun.
I'm with you on the depression. In 30+ years of smoking, it wasn't till I started growing my own sativas that I finally had a supply of smoke that made me happy and not paranoid or mixed positive/problematic.
Here is a great link for growing info. How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Premade cabinets- from what I've seen, are just for people who have a ton of money to waste and don't know how or don't have time to build their own or scavenge something and modify it. Tents are cheap too. Height is a good thing to have so if possible try to have at least five feet vertically- or everything will be completely dictated by the squashiness of your situation.
Anyway- welcome and anything you need help with just ask. Lots of great people here. :thumb:

Hi dooxie,
Keep you first grow or two simple without spending a bunch of money. There is a lot of used stuff on Craig's list and other sites where people bought everything under the sun just to find out growing is not there thing.
With that in mind you could by a descent led light like a Mars for around 300 bucks. Pick a small closet, some dirt and a small fan your set. Keep it simple. If you could find a clone for your first grow you will be styling.
I hardly smoke but enjoy growing it. My first grow was five small plants in a closet with CFL lights and no nutes,needless to say yield was small and it was not as strong as it could have been. But hey I was proud of it,it got me light up and still have some left. My second grow was with led lights and foxfarm nutrients. It was a kick ass grow with great yield. I'm on my third grow now. I don't need no more smoke I just really enjoy watching these plants do there thing.
Depression sucks I'm sorry your dealing with that crap. I think doing martial arts is a great thing. Anything that keep your mind from wandering over to that dark side is a good thing.
I'm not experienced enough to help you pick a strain but one of my favorite is ac/dc. I think I will always have one growing.

Depending on your DIY ability you could build your own cabinet, i did and it was probably only 200 to put together when all is said and done but you could also get a nice grow tent for that same price. i personally grow with a mars hydro LED and for smaller grow spaces the consensus seems to be LED is the way to go because the smaller amount of heat it creates. But please if you only listen to one thing i tell you let it be this, don't use miracle grow, find a soil that is more aimed for our kind of growing. Good luck with your depression, its a big step just to openly talk about it so your on a good path!

Yeah it's hard to know where to start. There's no way to get around having to do a shitload of reading The good thing is- with any luck it becomes all-consuming fun.
I'm with you on the depression. In 30+ years of smoking, it wasn't till I started growing my own sativas that I finally had a supply of smoke that made me happy and not paranoid or mixed positive/problematic.
Here is a great link for growing info. How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Premade cabinets- from what I've seen, are just for people who have a ton of money to waste and don't know how or don't have time to build their own or scavenge something and modify it. Tents are cheap too. Height is a good thing to have so if possible try to have at least five feet vertically- or everything will be completely dictated by the squashiness of your situation.
Anyway- welcome and anything you need help with just ask. Lots of great people here. :thumb:

So you over it now or still struggle with it? thanks for the link i will be sure to read it true. And i agree i 2000$ for a box is alot. I know i could buy just a insane LED for 500$ and even that would be overkill... So yeah i think it is just the project overall. Scares me abit since its so many factors. ;)

Hi dooxie,
Keep you first grow or two simple without spending a bunch of money. There is a lot of used stuff on Craig's list

That is what am think to. I am already really in to DWC. i seen tons of way to make it myself. Craigs list in Sweden sucks. the second hand market here is not so good. I have been thinking of making stuff. But i just don't know how to go about it all. I think i just need to read more.

Depending on your DIY ability you could build your own cabinet, i personally grow with a mars hydro LED and for smaller grow spaces the consensus seems to be LED is the way to go because the smaller amount of heat it creates. But please if you only listen to one thing i tell you let it be this, don't use miracle grow, find a soil that is more aimed for our kind of growing.

As i wrote to Moe i thinking of making the box myself. Tents in my apartment will just catch the eye to much. What do you think about Kind led? I was thinking of doing it soil free. with just a DWC setup. I know its not the easiest. But i think i can get a hang of it. :)

I recommend "LSD" by Barneys Seeds. It does wonders for PTSD, along with depression. As a DWC grower I'd recommend 2x2x5 space for 1 plant if you're interested in 5 gallon buckets. I change water/clean my bucket weekly and just check in on the plants/ph throughout the day. I love the growing process, it alone can help with depression (when it's going right).
So hit me up if you need, and remember You're never out of the fight.
420-magazine-mobile1633216532.jpg

420-magazine-mobile374425961.jpg

(Only my 4th full grow)
It's too easy

I recommend "LSD" by Barneys Seeds. It does wonders for PTSD, along with depression. As a DWC grower I'd recommend 2x2x5 space for 1 plant if you're interested in 5 gallon buckets. I change water/clean my bucket weekly and just check in on the plants/ph throughout the day. I love the growing process, it alone can help with depression (when it's going right).
So hit me up if you need, and remember You're never out of the fight.
(Only my 4th full grow)
It's too easy

Holy shit! But the LED you use how does it compare vs the super high end stuff like this KIND LED KWEEKLAMPEN ?

I did read some post that the "high end" lights have full spectrum. Am just wondering why buy a king led when yours seem to do the job also. I don't know what they are called. But there is this smaller Boxes with like 8 holes in them they are shorter. Then the DWC you are using. I see them used in "small" grow boxes. Why am asking is that i would love to grow in 4 feet. That is with the LED and the DWC and room for filters and so on. I have seen even smaller been done. But not sure if that is a good idea?

I can't massage you i have to post more or something.

So you over it now or still struggle with it? thanks for the link i will be sure to read it true. And i agree i 2000$ for a box is alot. I know i could buy just a insane LED for 500$ and even that would be overkill... So yeah i think it is just the project overall. Scares me abit since its so many factors. ;)

Over it? No I couldn't say that exactly. But I'm older and a hell of a lot wiser. Plus I'm a single parent with a great kid and have way too much to lose, and a lot going on in life that keeps me distracted. I'm happy being busy, and I'm getting out a lot more of my creative energy that I was so worried about wasting when I was younger. I work at treating myself better. I'm still cynical as hell but I've been around long enough that I know depression is a choice.
It's a big subject and one that's really interesting and close to my heart. Don't have time to write a book about it right this moment but...I'd like to.
Mainly I just don't 'go there' anymore. Or at least not so deep into it. Our minds are trainable things. Reality is totally fickle and we make our own realities to a large extent. I spent so much time dwelling on the shitty things that happened to me at one point, that the whole world just became totally dark and horrible. I spent over twenty years never far from thoughts of suicide, always up and down- always feeling like I was missing something.
The inescapable truth is that to get out of depression we have to take action and start moving away from it. Baby steps. We are meant to serve our purpose in life and be ourselves, not crippled by fear.
Oh man- there is a lot to say about this- more than I can write about in the few minutes I have right now. But the conversation has been very active on this forum and there are many threads that touch on it and a few dedicated to it. Stick around and you'll definitely gain some interesting knowledge.

Over it? No I couldn't say that exactly. But I'm older and a hell of a lot wiser.

I feel the same am in my 30s now. I started solving shit late in life. I don't think weed will just fix anything. But i think it can be a tool. In moments of need. But i feel you on the whole write a book about it. Its a endless topic and and yes. Its something you constantly deal with.
But nice to hear you. seem to be floating above it. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom